Why do GAGers bother in adding people if

They never talk to them? What is the reason for this ? So annoying smh

Do you add people just for the hell of it or do you actually talk to them ?

Whoever collects more usernames on their friend list wins yes? That means one is popular right?

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 14

• Yeah I don't really get it. Kinda like Facebook I guess. People have thousands of friends, and talk to half a dozen or so. It's more of a statement "I have had dealings with these people". I donno. I go through my list on here every now and then and weed out a bunch of people. There's a handful that I keep, and we talk now and again.

• People ask to be added. I figure it would be rude not to, so I add them.

I'm sure that most of the people that posts to GaG, has a fairly full life and don't have a lot of time for pointless chit-chat.

I mean, what are you supposed to say?

I suppose I would respond to someone else's attempts to initiate a conversation, but I don't have a ton of time to initiate conversations about... what? With people I don't know and who don't know me.

When I don't follow-up and try to talk with the people who have asked me to add them, it isn't out of some active motivation to snub them somehow. I'm just busy. As I suspect they are, since they're not trying to initiate conversations with me..

(Or maybe I've pissed them off somehow. Who knows?

• I don't friend request anyone on here, but I pretty much always accept requests. Only 3 out of 71 friends of mine have ever written to me (Including GAG). I don't know what the point of others is, and I don't care. But it's a completely different story on Facebook, Linkedin and other social media sites.

• i usually clear my friends list every so often to make sure only have people on there that actually talk

• I just add people that send me requests. If they message me I won't mind speaking to them but if not it is what it is

• 42 people added me. I just chat now and then with one. Facebook syndrom, I suppose.

• I don't do such a thing. If someone adds me, I assume that they have something to say to me and as such, I'll accept their request and wait if they send me a message. If they don't do so after a while I remove them.

• yah some people do try to live out the fa├žade of being popular adding people they don't know.. but its nothing new, look at MySpace and Facebook. Its like, collect acquaintances you aren’t interested in to imagine you have lots of friends.

when someone has added me tha ti don't know, I ask them why

• I only have people I talk to on FB. I don't have any other social network besides that one and GAG.

• I add them because I enjoy answering their questions or participating in their surveys.

• i enjoy peoples questions.

• i talk to girls on my friends list, but it sucks now that the chat is gone.

• Same as with Facebook friends: gotta collect as many as you can.

• If I add people, I talk to them. What's the point of adding people if you never talk to them?

I'm not going to "feel sorry" and add people for the hell of it when I know damn well that I'm not going to even talk to them.

I usually don't add females with pictures because 9and a 1/2 times out of ten, they're just looking for male attention to boost their pathetic sagging egos .

What Girls Said 11

• Every time someone adds me, I add them back. If they want to talk, it's cool. I will message them back. If they don't want to talk, it's also cool. I never delete/block anyone though. If someone tries the pervert route with me, I scare them of by implying I have a big, nice dong. So yea, nothing really bothers me.

• I add people as friends because I like their answers and/or questions, or if I just think they're interesting in general.

I'm terrible at small talk so I rarely initiate conversations though...

If someone adds me usually I'll accept it, but only if I see that they're active around the site.

• I like to add people that offer good insight. Though I don't contact them all the time, I think eventually I would when the time arises. People who also ask great questions I'll add. I also accept request from people seeking advice from me.

I reject those users who just want some sexy photos and some weak poor girl to harp on.

• I always wanted to know why, it makes no sense. I don't send friend requests but I accept them. And 99% of the times they don't talk to me.

• Exactly. Which is why I never approve friend requests from people who have 1000 friends (all from the opposite sex) and one question and 5 answers. This is an advice giving website. Not Facebook.

• I add people if they send me a friend request and I'm more than happy to talk to them if they want to start a conversation, but most of the time my friends list sits unused.

• I add people cos I like their answers to questions. This helps me to stay up to date with what they have to say since I value their opinions. I don't add people to talk to them.

• I have asked that question never got a good answer.

• maybe they want to follow you on the LiveFeed

• I wonder too..I added people either I want to chat witht them or I like what they write

• I was wondering the same thing! hehe

• well I only accept people that add me... and I don't talk to them even if they message me... I like a big friends list... makes me feel powerful idk.. I never add people, too much work.lol