It seems there are a lot of GAG members say they are ugly, why?

A lot of GAG members say they are ugly. I find it hard to believe there are that many ugly people on one web site. In general I don't come across that many people that can be considered ugly so why so many here?

Most Helpful Guy

• You are on an internet forum primarily for people who have relationship difficulties.

Internet ---> Higher than normal proportion of ugly people

Forum ---> Higher than normal proportion of ugly people

Relationship Difficulties ---> More common for ugly people

There is just lots of ugly people here.

Also differing definitions of ugly plays a part. I'd say I regularly encounter ugly people, whereas you think you rarely do, I'm assuming what you would say is ugly is what I would say is hideous. What you think is below average or slightly unattractive is what I'd call ugly. Ect.

• So what do you consider ugly? I think my nose is big doe's that make me ugly. IMO most people are average some are above some are below a few are homely and even less are ugly.

What Guys Said 7

• It's a lot of low self esteem, people come here often because they've struggled in relationships or they may never have had one... Others do just feel unattractive. I understand it since I feel the same way about myself, although I agree that there are many attractive people who don't think they are.

• Well if you have been insulted for many years about your looks or appearance it makes it kind of hard to have confidence in your appearance.

• I was the victim of taunts and insults when I was younger but I never thought of myself as ugly.

• I find that a lot of people say they are average, which tends to be a fair view I think. Only some people on the extremes say they are ugly, and for some, the intention is to compliment fish

• I hardly ever compliment fish unless they're fried or brolied to perfection and served with fava beans and a nice Chianti.

• Im not... I'm a fricken HOTTIE ,lol

does that help? lol

• Just couldn't resist ah?

• If we all get together it might melt.

• I don't doubt that for a second ! little kitty

• Most people in the modern world have self-esteem issues. If you're here for help it's likely you're not thinking the highest of yourself.

• They probably just express themselves In a more dramatic way since it's the internet. It's easy to have a bad day and then come on here saying ugly you are and doing something stupid to blow off some steam or whatever

• Seriously? Have you looked at the faces in a crowd recently?

• Show me yours and we can vote on it.

• I was only yanki ya and yes I was out and about today didn't see an ugly to be had one might have been a little homely.

• You're a good woman!

What Girls Said 7

• The most beautiful person can think they are ugly.

I don't think it's that these people are truly unattractive, its just that the very insecure

have a very harsh way of viewing themselves.

This is the site where people can come and try to work on their insecurities or at

least open up about them.

• If they stopped comparing theirselves to models and actors they would have much higher self esteem. Who the heck care if someone has 10 pounds more than they sould? Or a big nose? Or thin lips? Or god knows what? Perfection is not real.

• My thoughts exactly that's everyones problem.

• "Less attractive people even have less friends on average and are assumed to have lower IQ, confidence and to be less trustworthy by strangers." and they also tend to have weaker immune systems. But regardless of the assumptions that can be made (and that studies show to be accurate) you should strive to be an exception to such rules, otherwise what do you live for?

• I don't remember saying that ugly people should act negatively because people assume they will. I just pointed out that people will assume those things. The intention was to show that looks do effect how others treat you and therefore that they do indeed matter.

• I also wonder why. The word-ugly has been abused, just because one is single doesn't make him or her ugly. to me most people are average looking, and I don't come across any that is ugly. how ugly can one be?

it boil down to esteem issues, I would never believe I am ugly even if the others tell me so.

• They aren't ugly, they just see themselves as ugly. Low self-esteem.

• How can you possibly know whether anonymous strangers on the internet are ugly or not?

• See my answer for how this community doesn't reflect the entire population.

But yeah, differing standards is also a part of this.

• Hmm I mean, I guess I can see your point/answer, although I do not agree on it because I do see so many beautiful people every day. Maybe it's because I go to a nice University. Who knows?

• Low self esteem, fishing for compliments, and maybe some really are ugly.

• I've been getting told since I was 12 years old that I am ugly. I look like a man, not a woman. So that's why I know I am ugly.

However, for a lot of people I feel that they just have low self-esteem.

• Probably they are or they just consider themselves ugly because of self esteem issues or they are just attention seekers