Who should be our next GirlsAskGuys Members' Choice Moderator?

We think it's time to have another Members' Choice Moderator, what do you think?

Is there a member that you feel really exemplifies the qualities of a GirlsAskGuys Moderator?

Someone fair, who gives great advice and asks interesting questions, who keeps their composure during debates and discussions, someone who is respected by other members, who is helpful to those in need?

Please answer letting us know who you think would be a good asset and we'll announce a Members' Choice Moderator!

**All negative commentary will be removed and not considered.

If you need to, check out our Moderator blog to understand their roles better.

Please do not nominate an admin or an existing Mod/Supermod.

Also, please nominate *someone* if you post an answer.

We appreciate it :-)
Please read the blog BEFORE nominating someone to make sure you're not nominating an existing Mod/Supermod.
If you were nominated but were not selected as the Members' Choice Mod, please contact us if you're interested. We will look into your postings, logins, Xper, and history, and consider you in the next round of selecting Moderators.

The winner is... A TIE!

Congratulations, MrOracle and xHoneyxBeex - welcome to our moderation team!

Our Mod blog has been updated to include our new Mods :-)

Thanks for voting, GAGers!
Side note - For site related news and updates, you can check my profile. I keep the About Me section updated with new changes, as many are happening these days :-)

Most Helpful Guy

What Guys Said 31

• I'll put Mr Oracle's name forward for nomination. Cromartie would be my second choice but I think he might still be a little new to the community and without a long standing record of activity. Maybe someone to keep your eye on in any case.

p.s. who was our last member choice moderator?

• About the only moderate they've got right so far is xRabitHeartx even though I blocked her when she was having a bad day. =P I think she's a reasonable person. The most of the other mods are misfits.

As to who might have potential to be fair and impartial I'd say BlueSJ, KedyKade, or Loools. KedyKade is the only one out of those that I have seen online lately though.

• Nice of you, Mr. aMuse! ^-^

But I'm not on here a lot, so I'm already not qualified, right?

• When I was a mod, on a different username, a long time ago, it was because I was awesome and they actually asked me if I wanted to be one

• sluggofacepoojohnson

• i'm really bad with remembering names... I haven't seen PoeticNinja around in a while, but she seemed to "know her stuff." Perhaps she'll return if/when the chat bar comes back?

Unfortunately most of the best questions and answers I have seen were asked/answered anonymously, so I can not give credit where it is due..

• Honeybee

• xHoneyxBeex seems to give good answers and is friendly.

• Damn, some polarizing choices. I'm going to say xHoneyxBeex because she's on frequently and she always seems to give solid advice, even if the question may not be serious.

• xHoneyxBeex

• hotstudlovercupcake

• You really work hard. Congratulations.

I'll name whoever I think is eligible.

JanuaryX, Deepblue, SnowAngle, BlueSJ (although she's not on too often), ProfDon, Vishna, LizTheWeirdKid, VoiceOfReason, and Solitude.

Although since I last really checked, some people lost their moderator status.

• Woah, some serious downvoting going on here...

• I haven't been active enough to keep my mod status...no worries, I don't mind others more active than me taking my spot. 8-)

• I've unfortunately lost my mod status but like Prof Don said, I don't mind if more active people become mods. I've done my fair share of helping this site and people can't stay mods forever! If I get more active again though, it would be nice to get my mod status back. :)

• I nominate myself. . . Haha.

They are really puttin' you to work though. All this PR must be tiring. The people I would really nominate are too quiet and inconsistent on the website so I'll gladly vote for HoneyBee, whoever that is, because Janson.

• Do you want the responsibility

• If you don't want to be under the law become the law!

• lulz

If you think people hate me now, it'd be worse if I were a mod.

• xHoneyxBeex if she wants the responsibility.

• Me, naturally

• I vote palek.

• xHoneyxBeex

• very democratic , when I see democratic people I feel very romantic, as they choose the ones they love/like even if this one won't fit to the place or the job.

as a member of the website and I've the right to vote I vote for this guy "TheReturnofDre" he asked for it and I want to see him trying.

please note , I chose him while I was reading posts.

• I would say olivia9, she's always very pragmatic with her answers.

• not me I tend to get pissed off and blow up at people, well people that deserve it. I've had a few warnings already and I blew up again today at some douche again so wouldn't be surprised if my account gets pulled at some point but whatever. people gotta know when theyre doing wrong if means I blow up at them

• Are you going to nominate someone?

• LOL I'm the same way but the truth is some do deserve what they get.

• Maan, c'moon, you're perhaps the only guy I relate to here on GAG...I'm sure whatever you do is right :) cheers!

• Justbanannaz

• Thank you for considering me ... YOU like me you really like me awwww...

WAIT what? you're NOT considering me Oh well then I choose (sparrow24)

• I'm an admin. You can't nominate an admin or an existing mod/Supermod.

• hmm interesting information thank you very much.

• WHAT A BUNCH of HATER's lol See if I ever make fun of you again, Oh wait I probably will lol..

• I think you should consider stitches

• I nominate myself! I been using advice forums for years

• I nominate CasaNorba.

• me. ...maybe. id be great, but probably not interested enough :D

• Leluxe. :)

• Uh...Me

• guitar903

• hotstudlovercupcake

• My vote goes to Cromartie. His answers are insightful and informative.

• Not a fan of his politics or religion but he has class and no bias unlike the other choices that have been suggested. Actually shocked at the female that is being mentioned so much. BCranger is clearly a good choice as is Leluxe but I hope she doesn't because she is still cool.

• I saw some other names and reminded me. Vishna is about the most moral and decent person I ever met. I hope she doesn't because she has things to do and has a lot of school work. Bluesj is an angel, Deepblue is great but I never see him anymore, just bananazz is a good choice and Listhe weirdkid would be very objective.

• Thanks confucius

• lol

• More from Guys
    1

What Girls Said 26

• People who are respectful and answer seriously

RedThread

Confucius16

People who honestly have the tools to make a great moderator but instead give us laughter and a sprinkling of wisdom

Palek

Sluggofacepoojohnson

There are more but I only remember a few usernames

HoneyBee< I've seen some really great answers from a woman on this site and it probably is her

• Oh, wow. Thanks so much!

• :) I'm happy your back on more

• Aww, thanks:)

I didn't see what you said sooner, because I don't get notifications if it's not a comment on my answer, which sucks, but I hope they change that.

• HI. I have another recommendation.

Can y'all choose users who do not or have no had warnings, who do not troll openly/anonymously and users who are not emotionally driven.

I think a lot of people take issue with users who remove items out of disagreement or emotions. They do not or would not remove things because they genuinely violate the TOS. Some of them "follow" users and remove stuff they post on a reg.

I still stand by Honeybee, MrOracle. I think Jonny is another candidate as well. I've personally never seen the users I listed act out of emotion or act like fools but that's just me. Confugirl is another user I tend to notice quite a bit but I don't know how active she actually is.

So girl candidates: honeybee & confugirl

boy candidates: Jonny and MrOracle

• i've seen honeybee act out of emotion. it happens - but that isn't to say she would continue to do so when given responsibility. hard to really tell with people on the internet..

• That's a pretty good answer, defining the standards. Maybe you could be a moderator?

• Oh gee, maybe there should be another discussion in the moderators chosen. I'd especially love to discuss the personal bias and moderators who go through previous answers only to remove responses they dislike

• r Mr Oracle because he gives really good answers that are well thought out and comes from years of experience and I've never seen him expressed himself impulsively, bluntly or with bruteforce compared to the many young GaGers ( that I thought they would be potential moderators) here.

• sluggofacepoojohnson for sure!

• HoneyBee

• Hmm Jonny_, cun7n1nja, MaskofInsanity, HoneyBee, if they want it.

• Nice, good choices. I forget MrOracle isn't already a mod lol, but would've voted for him too.

• so we can't choose someone who's already a moderator?

ok uhm… welll I would choose Handsome Raj or kangaru

• jonny_ or stitches

• I love Palek, he brings the humor to Girlsaskguys :)

• sluggopoofacejohnson He has a good judgement! Very smart to quickly identify troll crap questions and answers from legit ones!

• I think Distant would be great as well. Gives good answers and is not hostile towards people.

• Upsyndrome

• I'll have to agree with xHoneyxBeex

She's mature and not biased and she sees things from all perspectives.

I've always wondered why MrOracle is not a mod but I don't know if he'd even enjoy it or want to become one

• Handsome Raj

I love legs

• I have no idea except sluggofacepoojohnson but I'm not sure he'd be interested :)

• Stitches or BCRanger10 would both be good choices. :)

• Hmmm so since you are allowing all of GAG to nominate a mod, does that mean all of GAG should be able to review mods? Especially before they possibly become admin? I think it's time that GAG does a review on the current mods by the people who see their behavior the most: GAG members.

Palek is the best candidate for a mod.

• Admins monitor the Mods/Supermods.

We're simply asking for your suggestions. The final decision still lies with us, of course, on who actually becomes a Moderator.

• Why does one assume that I must have a problem with a moderator? I don't lol just because I'm curious to see others' examples with how the mods behave doesn't mean I have some sort of issue with a mod. I've noticed some shady, unfair, what seems to be playing favorites behavior among a couple of mods, but I couldn't be more honest when I say I don't have a problem with them. I'm not soft like that. ;P

• Sparrow: please reconsider SunshineLelek's proposal. I think this proposal that GAG members be able to review moderators is a good one. It's not that the moderators are doing a bad job, or are hated. It's just that I think doing this would promote a more open environment.

It may be off-topic, but that doesn't make it any less valid.

• Cromartie FOR SURE! We need people who are objective and fair.

• Kereru

• I think xHoneyxBeex

• Janson. The other ones people have been suggesting are either more troll than answerer, or obviously biased.

• Janson is already a Supermod. Please nominate someone who is not already a Mod/Supermod.

• You can learn more about mods/supermods in the blog, linked in the question update.

• Okay cool thanks!

• doesn't matter who..i don't see it as easy job , rather be a commoner

• Please nominate someone.

• Yeah but they might want someone regular to be mod. N I think there are others who gave better advices

• Yeah, they said to be a mod, you have to be on here preferably once a day.

• Palek or MrOracle! :)

• SunshineLelek or xHoneyxBeex

• oh wow! thanks lol but I sincerely don't have the time to be a mod

• I've got way too many goals to fulfill and I feel that the long term relationships I've built in my day to day life with family, friends, and my boyfriend are way more of a priority than patrolling a bunch of short term connections online. I feel that becoming a GAG mod would encourage one to spend more of their time at home behind a computer and less time out in the real world experiencing life hands on vs sitting around on GAG chatting about it. No judgement here, just no desire of mine.

• I guess palek.

• sluggopoofacejohnson