What kind of people are on GAG?

Always wondered what kind of people are on GAG?

Every one asks questions, polls, and advice from other GAG members, but are there only a few type of people answering.

Obviously the internet allows for a huge diversity but how many are GAG users?

Example:

I don't have a lot of friends so I initially came to GAG to find advice. What % of GAG members were in the same boat.

Which of the following do you most CLOSELY relate to.

(These are STEREOTYPES you most likely won't be exactly to description).

I AM __________________.

• Intelligent, softspoken, intellectual
  • Loud, wild, party animal, not book smart
  • Maladriot, weirdo, lonely
  • Popular, perfect, a winner
  • Not voting, show me the results please.

Most Helpful Girl

• Great Question. I have always wondered but never thought of actually asking. I would say I am intellectual, introverted and artistic. So I chose A because that was the closest.

What Girls Said 14

• I voted A, but I'm probably more accurately a combination of A and C. A is almost completely fitting. I'm very much a learner and have always been a bookworm to the extreme. I'm soft-spoken in general, but not shy, and have no problem getting rambunctious and 'loud' or at least very talkative, under the right circumstances and/or around the right people. The 'lonely' part of C suits me mainly only in my mood of the past few months, but not in terms of being a lonely or loner type person in general. I actually have a good many friends of all kinds, and am generally very well-liked by most people who know or meet me. But the rest is very suiting, lol.

There's also a little bit of B in there. By most people's standards, and especially people of the opinions I see represented on this site, I'd fit the 'wild party animal' description as well. Especially the last half of my teen years. These days I stay in more or hang out in groups of friends at other people's houses, rather than go out. But I have a long history of experimenting with drugs [I've tried pretty much all of them at least once, many much more than once] and using many recreationally, semi-regularly at one time or another, going through bursts and phases of certain things I like [and therefore partake in] more than others, cycling through over the years. I STILL do drugs and enjoy different manners of getting 'f.ucked up'. Not such a wide variety anymore because I've tried enough things enough times to know what I like, but a couple I do fairly regularly. S.hit, I'm high right now, in the safety of my own home. =P I don't go OUT and 'party' hardly at all, but at home with my roomies/friends or at friends' houses, sure. Not wildly and out of control in large loud groups, but socially/casually with the people that are close to me. By most peoples' standards, someone who does any drugs at all is considered a 'partier', but I don't really think of myself that way. I don't get out of control messed up, I don't get in trouble, put myself in any real danger or anyone else for that matter, I'm not destructive or even self-destructive in my drug use, in that my reasons for doing them and enjoying them have nothing to do with my self-esteem or masking my problems or emotions, I'm simply a lover of new experiences [in all aspects of my life, not just relating to drugs] and altered states of mind. I don't start or get involved in drama, I'm very laid back and responsible with the things I DO do. I educate myself on anything and everything I choose to put in my body recreationally. And in doing so, I prefer the company of people who are like-minded in that way and who also handle themselves and their vices responsibly. I'm also a very sexual person, but not in an any way scandalous or unsafe manner.

I'm kind of expecting some downvotes on this, haha, but I like who I am and I'm not ashamed of any of the things I've described here that are part of who I am and influenced the person I am today.

• You're also a REALLY fine person, and a pleasure to have around. ; - )

• Why thank you Palek, that means a lot coming from you. =D

• I don't think I really fall into any of those categories. Lol I'm not exactly soft-spoken or the "intellectual" type, I'm not a wild partier, I'm not a loner or "weird" (at least not in my opinion haha), and I'm certainly not popular or "perfect."

I'm mainly just on the site to help people. I like answering questions and offering my insight or advice to those who need it.

If I had to describe myself, I would say, I am quiet around people at first but once I open up to someone and am comfortable with them, I get very talkative. I'm not exactly shy but I'm certainly not an extrovert. I like thinking about problems and seeing things from all angles and points of views. I try to be as open-minded as I can about things that are different and people who think differently than me. I think I'm mainly just a laid-back and easy going person.

• I am here to learn to help. I am quite a extrovert bookworm and like to help people with what I have learned from the books I love to give my opinion on things all kinds of things. I am also weird though. I like batman and am into Horror and Thrillers the bloodier the better!

GAG gives answers to questions you don't want to ask to friends because they are like in the situation and on here you can describe it and get a view from outside. I think that is the most helpful part.

Plus its always fun to drag about problem to people you don't know right?

• I like to read and learn and think... voted A. I'm rather bookish.

• I can't find any of the above that suits me, more of a bit here and there.

• I'm A and B. I'm an introvert and decently smart, but I'm quite social and I do party quite a lot.

I voted A however.

• I've been lucky, I've only encountered wonderful people who are all either going through something,or helping others get through something. I haven't encountered rude, or hurtful. You all rock everyone. A great selection of awsome people from all walks of life.

• the curious type

• All sorts of people standoffs, nice, humble, intelligent

I didn't vote

• None of the above. A is close

• I would say I am either B or C

• i think I am A but also loud.

• Personally, I'm here to offer good advice and help people. It's also nice to complain to people about your problems here and there

• I think most are C with a lot of A

What Guys Said 5

• I'm here to learn and impart advise. I haven't asked a personal question in months. I can't discuss everything with my mates so GAG offers me an opportunity to see different points of view and to challenge some of the views I already have.

• The majority are teenagers average age (real age, a lot of people are lying and under 16) is probably 18

• I picked A, although C also could work...

• I'm a popular, loud, intelligent weirdo. And I'm not voting! ;)

• I'm definitely a hard A with a mix of C.