What changes/features would you like to see in the new GAG? What are your suggestions?

The question is simple as above :)

Can you give me some suggestions, that'd be cool if we'd have them in the new GAG ?

I have also included my personal suggestions in the poll :)

Thank you ^_^

• Chat Bar.
  • We should able to see who Up/Down Votes you.
  • GIF icons for profile pic.
  • If QA forgets to choose the Best answer, it should be given by the voter's choice.
  • Other (Your suggestion).

Most Helpful Girl

• android app please! :( mobile browser sucks

out of the available options D, if the highest up voted comment gets BA id be happy because a heck of a lot of people never bother to give BA

• Mobile version and mobile app are both on the way :-)

Coming soon (just a few months)!

• Whoo! id use this site a hundred times more with the app so I'm very happy to hear that :D

What Girls Said 21

• hmmmm interesting…

i like the chat bar idea and the voting for BA.

i can add one thing, id probably like to see another category or 2 added to the mix…. because there are a mASSIVE variety of questions in the "other" section. you could have one called can of worms or controversial for topics that start up debate for example. :)

so this is happening early next year yeh?

• yeah,I think they'll release the new version by the end of January next year but they still haven't officially announced it :/

• oh OK fair enough thanks=]

• I would really like to be able to block anonymous users.

• Ah, but they probably won't do it, because it would reveal the anonymous person, when you realize you have blocked someone you didn't even know, and you'll know they were the anony user. Not sure if I'm explaining it correctly. :/

• That makes sense, and it's something I thought about too. But NOT being able to block an anonymous person who is being obnoxious doesn't make a lot of sense either. Maybe there could be a partial block to block an anonymous user just on a specific question, or something.

• Make the ''unfriend'' and ''block'' icons on the profile page as small as the ''report(name)'' icon and position them where it won't be easy to accidentally hit them please.So that I would not accidentally hit them again when I am on GAG on my touchscreen phone :((

I have been told by people that they have accidentally blocked me.I have also come across GAGers who have been accidentally reported or have accidentally friended someone on here.

Thanks! :)

• I think the categories could be fixed. Dating and relationships are basically the same thing, you could even add break-up and it would work just fine, and there are a lot of questions regarding politics and theology.

• Overall I guess features that would encourage older, more mature users to participate

• I miss the chat bar.

• Me too! I have significantly decreased my activity since the chat bar was removed (although it wasn't GaG's fault Meebo was bought out and killed off by Google).

• I picked D. But QA should be able to pick best answer themselves at anytime since they asked the question. But I know I forget to pick BA a lot, I think it'd be helpful to a lot of people's credibility. Even when I forget, there are still usually some well written and thought out answers, and if I can't make a choice, then maybe the crowd should decide who gets that credit. Because someone deserves a bit of it. A lot of these Q's and A's really help people out

• I want to be able to post pictures with my questions! rather than adding a link to a picture. I like the links but wouldn't it be coool if we could add a picture already within the question if needed, instead of a link directing you to a picture?

and maybe a game should be added. Relevant of course to asking and answering questions and such.

Move the

F Share

Tweet

G +1

Pin it

from the side of the description of the question. Move it somewhere else please.

• Why do you want the sharing links moved?

FYI - the new version will allow you to post photo responses :-)

• Oh that's awesome! :]!

& It would be nice if the links were moved to a more proper place because they are just there in the middle of the description, it's splits it.

What's the purpose of that? They can easily be placed somewhere else to give a better sense of design.

It looks like it wasn't thought out. The person who designed for it to be there didn't know where to put it and they just threw it on there.

• I would like to be able to read questions by age group. They should have categories of ages, so us older people can read questions and answers in our age range.

• a mobile version

• To add the chat bar back and I think it would be cool if a QA could pick a girl and guy best answer

• Great answer! For some questions, having a best answer for each gender could be really helpful and more educational.

• Especially because it's girls ask guys so you get the perspective from both genders :)

• Better gif options for our profile pictures.

• i know it's not really feasible but I hope they will have a block option like that on FB in which there will no interaction in whatever form on some users on here like not seeing their questions, answers and comments. :)

• Chat option definitely.

• I like d

• Transparent policy

• 35 our of 49 users voted for a new chat bar. Are the admins finally gonna react to these wishes?

• They should put like a "does she or he like me section" honestly those question overthrow the site.

• Free vacations to Europe would be pretty cool.

• D for sure! I wish we could vote for BA because some people just don't do it and there are some people who give great answers and deserve it! (I personally am glad there's no chat bar anymore lol I would always get messages from people and it would stress me out because I like answering and occasionally asking questions on here but I didn't exactly come on here to make friends as horrible and rude as that sounds lol)

• I just want the chat back

What Guys Said 13

• 1. Something should be done to limit anonymous questions and answers. A daily limit? Less points for anonymity? No best answers for anonymous answers? something...Ridiculous how many questions are anonymous.

2. People who block you should lose the capability of commenting on your questions in any way, including downvting. They probably shouldn't even be able to SEE your questions and answers, although that might be difficult to engineer.

Also, you should be told automatically that someone has blocked you before you try to answer their question, and then be told that you're blocked!

• Also, people should be able to , optionally, give information about their cultural background and ethnicity so that we could give more insightful and informed advice. Instead of just the vague 'personality' classes, there should be a place to give that information. Sure you would be able to leave it blank, but it should be asked of everyone,

• I don't like the idea of voting for BA. In the first place, hardly anyone would vote, and in a popularity contest, the cutest user icon is always going to win.

• free beer and D. Voters get to choose BA

• ability to tailor how much of your profile you make public. For example, you might like to keep your location and description public, but your photos private.

• By FAR I choose the chat bar...I will admit that once it was gone I've used this site a lot less (which is why I'm not a mod anymore).

• Bro,I've seen many answers on here mentioning,people misses you as a moderator.

• Oh wow...really? That's flattering. 8-)

I don't mind others like yourself that are more consistent users than me at the moment being mods and supermods. It's only fair; I've been really busy and haven't been on much.

• Thanks bro.

Hope I'll see you as one of my companion here soon in the future ^_^

• - Double or triple the comment reply character limit!

- Better search options. Sort by date, rating, replies, etc.

- More poll options.

• How about all of the above? Also how about more redeemable prizes lol

• Chat...

• gifs would be nice

• deffinetly want the chat function back greatly missed

• The should force the females to use only their pics of their naked bodies as avatar.

... and throw away the social network links on the left hand side of each and every quesions.>.<

• My feature wish would be a button to press
    that would send an electric shock to
    all the butts of
    all the butts that designed this new GAG

• No blocking possible while anonymous

• even while just answering anonymously? I'll have to try it out.

• GIF icons are cool. I don't think we should have embedded pictures in the questions though, since that'd probably make things lag or something.

Auto-best answer sounds cool, but thinking about it, the points aren't the big deal. I'd rather the asker himself pick the answer most suitable for him.

So maybe I'd vote for making the best answer feature more prominently would be better.

• Yeah bro,I meant to say that QA can himself/herself give the BA but if he/she forgets to choose BA by 3-4 days ,it'll be selected by voter's choice, if you know what I'm trying to explain :)