Should Gag have an 'international' section for people who aren't from the US?

Such people have far different opinions about intimacy and the opposite sex than people in the US. Why not have a space where they could ask questions, and where we could find them without wading through the ''rate me' questions?

Obviously, people would be free to post or answer wherevfer they wished...but a lot of people would like a place where non-US people could be found.
The purpose of a separate category is that we would know where to go to see different viewpoints; that would be helpful since otherwise, we don't know where to find people from other cultures, since at least 90 percent are from the US. Other people are scattered here and there and there's no real way to locate them.

Most Helpful Girl

What Girls Said 16

• Well, isn't that the entire fucking point? Different opinions, wide variety, perspective?

What's the point in having a website filled with people you believe will have the same opinions as you?

And, I don't know if It's just me, or if it was intentional, but this comes across as "Let's put those non-Americans somewhere else until they evolve to our higher power and grasp our opinions"

The whole point is to learn from other people, and that means other cultures too.

• We have categories now for those who like to discuss the f ing point, like Sexuality. Why not have a sectiion for International posters as well?

• @QA: it's not "US vernacular", it's called "English".

• The use of f-ihng in every other sentence is characteristic of US English. Fortunately, not true everywhere in the world.

• Why segregate out the internationals?

If this was going to happen...

Why not herd all the 'Mericano's into their own separate pen...

• We herd all the health people together, the sexuality people..why not the international people as well?

• Us Canadians kick ass! I think international section would be too broad you know how many countries are out there? I think to lump anyone not from America into one category would be too much.

• Well, Kris, I don't think there are enough people from any one country to have their own category.

Still, if you Canadians wanted a Canada category, why hot ask for one?

I see quite a few Canadians disagree with Betwyn, fortunately.

• No. What a typical US-centric way of thinking. If you need specific races/cultures to answer, just put it in the title! "Indian girls, please help me decipher this!" is clear enough. And calling non-Americans "international" is wrong in the first place...again that's putting the US at the centre of the world (err, website) and everything non-American is "different". And plus often when you ask about a certain nationality, you're asking a culture thing, and we all know there are lots of Americans with "foreign" backgrounds.

• This is a US based website, at least 90 percent, I would say, are from the US, so it's not me meaking in American-centric, it's just the way it is.

There aren't enough of any one other nationality to make an 'Indian' section, a 'French[ one, etc.

• The way you're putting it, if ALL people who are not from America are the same, It would make more sense to have an "American" section. If you feel as though we're the only one's who are different lol

Think about it, this "International" section would still have too wide a variety of people. Indians have a different outlook than Canadians. Japanese think differently than Africans. And so on. So if they'll still have to wade through different cultures, all you're asking is for a place where AMERICANS don't have to wade through any other country's opinions.

I'm not bashing this idea completely, since obviously, that's what this site is for: asking questions. I get that you're saying there is a small percentage of Non-Americans who don't want our opinion on anything, which may be true. But that percentage is so small that it wouldn't make sense to have a whole section for a few people. They always have the option of requesting certain nationalities to answer (Chinese Guys: Where do to shop?). And that is a much better way to narrow it down because they would still have to specify which nationality in your supposed "International" section. If they start with something like that, it usually escalates. For example, there are a few questions that request only certain races to answer (Black girls: What shampoo do you use?), or certain genders (Men: What gifts would you like to get for Valentine's day?). After an "International" section, by the same reasoning, we would eventually have a "Black Section" or a "Females Section". Your idea basically creates a "Them Vs. US" mentality in certain people. And though your heart and mind are in the right place with this idea, there are a bunch of people on here who don't have anything to do with their time and will go trolling all the segregated people with racist remarks or sexist comments. Your idea only makes it easier for them.

I'l never understand why, just because someone has a different point of view, they'll go and bash someone who is genuinely looking for other opinions.

So, here is my different opinion. I hope I presented it in a way that'll show you what the others have been rudely (mostly) trying to say :-P

• Other people have said the same thing. The problem is that there aren't enough of any one nationality to have separate categories for each country in the UN!

• Well, yes, that was my main idea. Now they're hard to find..

• Ohhh I see. I think most of us are viewing your question backwards lol

I still don't think it'll ever happen but I understand what you meant now. You should just specify who you'd like to answer though, others still will respond unfortunately.

• Typical 'Murican behavior, I always knew you hate us back XD XD Seriously, though, I don't see a point in that if Americans can still go to the other nationalities section and vise versa. I guess, all people from all places having to say their opinion even if they're traditions and values are different it still counts as a view and still could sometimes help :)

• It would mean we could go to a cateogry where most of the people are from other countries. It's not easy to find people from other countries if they're mixed in with 90+% US people...

• Yeah, I read your update, I see your point.

• Why not just have a category for all the different countries then? We're all different. Being non-American is the only thing international members would have in common.

• There aren't enough of any one nationality to really have a separate category, usefully.

• We need to cut the damn umbilical cord to the Queen too. That's long overdue, lol. We should have done it with the Americans when we had the opportunity. We don't need to be babysat by the Royals who are basically just poitless figureheads now.

• Yes, you won't really be free of sending troops to guard the Empire until you get the queen out of your country.

• I enjoy getting answers from different types of people. It would be boring if everybody who answered my question had similar or the same opinions as me.

• That's exactly why I'd like to have a category where I could easily find different viewpopints.

• That could be nice, or maybe more info could be posted for answers, such as a person's country of origin, just so we can all really see where different perspectives come from.

• Yes, it should be an option when you sign on to give such information, imao.

• that's a great idea! I didn't even think of that before

• tbh I don't see the need to, I like it like this. yes we do have different values and beliefs but we still respect their choices.

• people in the US respect other cultures and viewpoints? Hee hee...har..har..gasp (CHOKE) double over with laughter..wipe away tears...

• which countries specifically? we have Europeans here and Asians too

• I'm interested in all of them. Not so much Canada, though it's pretty much like the US.

Vive le Quebec libre!

• Well, I would like to hear other peoples opinions from around the world and be able to understand what's going on in the different countries so no us Americans need outside opinions as well

• maybe not ... because some people fall into both categories

• That would be discrimination. Nothing more to say about it.

• Are we discriminating against good girls by having a sex category? Get real.

• Anyone can travel and turn into an international any second. Love your user icon!

• it's me. But you cannot become an American instantly (not that I would want to)

• Well technically, this website is meant for everyone.. meaning not only us people. So there's really no point in catagorizing different sections of usa since gag has to do that for every country and etc.

• WHY? That's just plain silly.

• That would be neat.

What Guys Said 3

• No. I think it's fine for us all to be lumped together in the sexuality section like some perverted UN. (well maybe less perverted than the Actual UN)

• So a segregated 'Merricuh section with the high-quality bathrooms and a "Everyone else" section where we have to maintain our own police force? I believe it was Wayne himself who quoth: "That's lame-balls!"

• I like that we learn from other cultures (being an American). I find people from different countries to be interesting and I like to see their viewpoints about life, love and politics. My answer is no.

• agreed that's what I like.

• We already can see the viewpoints from different places. Just put your mouse over the person's name