Who are the GAGers that challenge you intellectually? And how?

Who are the GAGers that challenge you intellectually and how?

Thanks beforehand for sharing with me.

Most Helpful Guy

What Guys Said 15

• there are some who STIMULATE me intellectually. I don't think any CHALLENGE me intellectually...

The 3 guys below make some good, thought-provoking answers/comments. As well as others - Janson, DanteSparda, WeaponZero, others I know I'm forgetting. I know there was one guy I wasn't familiar with who recently gave some answer about something that kind of opened my eyes. I'm really bad with internet names. =\ Sluggofacepoojohnson too! He's really smart and interesting.

I really don't have many private discussions about philosophy or politics or current events, etc. Hell, I don't have many private discussions on this site, period. And if I do, it's more relationship-related stuff. Another reasons some names don't stick with me.

Anyway, not to sound conceited, but really, I acknowledge well-thought out comments or comments that can be thought-provoking or means to good philosophical discussions. But I can't think of a single time I felt intellectually challenged on this site. Emotionally challenged, sure...

• <-------

But besides myself I'd say Janson is knowledgeable. While I may not always have similar views as gotc I definitely value his opinion. The same can be said of G-Daz. Pickledtofu is awesome just because she's straightforward and doesn't care about insulting anyone. I prefer blunt honesty even if I don't always agree with what someone says over beating around the bush. Vishna and heaveonearth are cool for similar reasons. They are both open minded and have a very accepting approach. Jacquesvol for the same reason as gotc but on the opposite side of the political spectrum and I admire both of their persistence. Belgie really gets me to think at times as well. He just has a wisdom and experience about him.

There have been many others that I can't think of right now...

• You know who promotes racism and it is disgusting. Awesome is a subjective term. Anyone that would put a link up about black people that says they are disgusting, gorilla like, whores ghetto scum is not so amazing in my book regardless of them being part black.

• chill please chill

• Hmm, well personally I enjoy 3 real subjects religion, biology, and philosophy. Unfortunately none of these are really that common on this site (understandable) still though I have had some fun and intriguing conversations with people on these and these are the names I recall specifically, JinmetsuRaetsu (spelling might be wrong), Rosalia Vanderbilt (REALLLY long convos with her lol), BlueEyedBaby really surprised me with her knowledge of the Bible, and those are all I recall atm (no offense if we talked I just have a fairly bad memory XP)

• I'm with most of the guys on this one, I've never really had a difficult question to answer... a lot of the arguments are 'opinion' anyway, in terms of religion and politics you can argue all day but still get nowhere since the other persons beliefs will be different. I could probably do with having to use my brain.

• i'm not sure of specific people but I'd say there are a lot of people who can stimulate thought processes or subject matter for me. Really it can be almost anyone and even some of the more banal questions can provide intriguing thoughts

• Levin and 336PS come to mind. They like to engage and don't get hissy when there is disagreement.

• No individual is challenging.

However, every once in a while, there are difficult questions that I come across.

The difficult questions are few and far between, but they are the really complex questions. The first question I ever answered on GAG was a very challenging issue. The complex questions here involve having to search in my mind for what communication is, how to solve a dispute, who's fault it is, etc. Lots of drama that others have to deal with, we GAGers try to solve.

• I don't know about challenging me. Sparrow asks questions that require me to think a little before answering but they're mostly about our own life. Most people here are pretty set in their beliefs and will just beat you with their point until you submit. There isn't a whole lot of good debate, where both sides concede points.

• I'm not so good with the names but it happens yes, if this place wasn't ever challenging or stimulating it wouldn't be much fun.

• No one. If I wanted a challenge I'd not come here. My brain relaxes here.

Most of the questions asked are biased and opinionated and I learned years ago you don't come here to debate. Asking an actual question will just get you in trouble ...

• i hate to be a dick but I can't think of any

• There was that guy, Jack, I think his name was...

• Pickledxtofu. ElijahCynicism. That's really it.

• Can't say any I've seen could ever hope to challenge me.

• Hot stud muffin cupcake perfect 10. I'm still trying to figure him out. Sometimes if I read his answers backwards they seem a little clearer.

• You have to listen to his music at the same time as you read. It's like a decoding machine.

What Girls Said 10

• "Stimulate" may be a better word than "challenge", but here goes.

RedThread always comes at me with tough questions. TwistedLogic and KarKingJack were another two who mind boggled me on a frequent basis back in the day. SelfishStars impresses me, she's so calm and rational and not at all aggressive - it's amazing.

• If it was stimulate I definitely would have mentioned you. Many of our views are too similar to really be challenged.

• This is true, you just make me think :)

• I like sparrow because she seems to pretty meticulous and conscientious in her daily life - at least she appears that way in her answer to my questions. I also like amuse because he seems to keep his answers very platonic.

• Palek. Hands down.

• sparrow just intimidates me with her niceness. she kind of makes me feel like an a**hole and makes me sit up straighter and try to be calmer and nicer. she's like freaking buddha.

• There would be some like Sluggofacepoojohnson, aMuse (I have to pause and think hard on how to ans him), Cromartie.

Good boys :)

• aMuse is a Bona Fide genius. His answers hurt my brain sometimes, I have to really concentrate when I read his answers at times.

• G-Daz and Amuse definitely know what they're talking about... love_is_in_the_air and 7gnat are so witty, I wish I can learn their slang languages. :)

• none "challenge" me but there's definitely a few that I can have a mature discussion with. You can tell some people here have had MANY life experiences and have too many things that we could all learn from.

Now that I think about it... I think the ones that "challenge" me are the complete idiots who I still don't understand how the fck they come up with their conclusions...

And then there's the ones that challenge my "wtf" sense of humor. When I have to think more of something to say back to fck with their minds...

• Some of the most stimulating answerers sometimes answer as anonymous I've found...

(Of course, you now realize that I'm obligated to answer anonymously in order to give myself the subtle compliment of being awesome lol ;)

• I'd say pretty much everyone challenges me intellectually. Especially people with a different view, because I am always trying to make sense of different views. So I have a very open mind and I'm able to empathize with nearly any person because of it.