Do you ever wonder why posts are removed from GirlsAskGuys?

While we do encourage honesty and freedom of speech here on GirlsAskGuys, we also strive to keep the site useful, valuable, safe, and enjoyable for all of our members.

We wanted to take this opportunity to let you guys know, once and for all, why a post would be removed from the site.

For information regarding our "rules" (haha), please see our newest blog, Why was my GirlsAskGuys post removed?

Just an another FYI for those who haven't noticed - For site related news and updates, you can always check my profile. I keep the About Me section updated as many new things are happening these days :-)

Thanks, GAGers!

PS: If you feel a post removal is unjust, let me know. I'll always be happy to look into it further.

Most Helpful Guy

• With the exception of personal attacks against others, and posts that might compromise the liability of the site, there is absolutely no reason to remove a single post. And if a particular user employs poor grammar it should not be corrected on their behalf as the ridicule they receive is exactly what motivates people to improve themselves. I don't want to live in a world wherein everyone gets a trophy.

What Guys Said 31

• Answers that disappear before posting are NOT removed by the mods.

This happens because of the sites architecture. When you click "ask" a question you're making a request to the sever. The sever is now actively waiting for your response but if you take to long the server times you out with the assumption that because you've not answered in "x" amount of minutes, you must have left, and thus times you out, and your question is reset.

It's done for security reasons, but more relevant to this site, for memory management and quicker server response times. It doesn't keep inactive commands in it's buffer waiting for a response that will never come.

Just thought I'd clarify that for people since I've seen this mentioned around here on more then one occasion now. There are no mods per-screening questions.

• I think you should have a section where the members decide if it is appropriate or not, wether it is removed or not. Ask the members to view the conversation and give their opinin on its content or just vote if it warrants to be removed, this way the members are showing what kind of material they are willing to accept on here and its not just taken in the effort to protect.

• I had once posted a question "Worst Answer you ever got"...just like we have the Best Answer. I wonder what was so offensive about that post since it was in good humor. It was removed and I still wonder why(?)

• Thank YOU :) Though a lot of us see these links we hardly go through them, very thoughtful and professional of you :)

• I've had more than one post removed and then reinstated in the past, you guys should get your moderators under control.

• Same here, and it didn't even violate the terms and conditions. It was just a YouTube link. I just see little mods making things personal.

• There is a supermoderator here who has openly admitted their bias towards political questions. The person deems questions from conservatives as a violation of the TOS but there've been many outrageous conservative bashing questions from liberals on here and ironically, I saw that same sueprmod respond to a few of them.

So yes, they are biased

• Probably one of the two I'm thinking of.

• You gotta do what you gotta do. I understand if my posts get removed because I used to be a Mod for 3 years on another forum. It's a headache not only to have to delete posts but also take the abuse if you get blamed for it.

• Somebody is getting a little carried away with deletions. Loosen up a little. Geez. Spam and off topic have not really been a problem at this site as near as I can tell. If you guys start getting all rigid about it you'll ruin the site.

• Update: Thank you and will keep that in mind :)

• 'Rate Me' is being exiled to the REality Check section. Totally logical. It's about time!

• Alright. Thanks for providing us with the info. Good way to keep this site successful.

• Because my mouth isn't filtered to sugar coat shit?

• I wonder why my answers are deleted before I PREVIEW them. A few times in the past I hit Preview Answer and the page just resets and my answer disappears. It happened tonight, for the first time in a couple months (give or take).

• That's happened to me a few times before as well, it's so frustrating D:

• this sounds more like a site issue rather than a mod deleting the post. I've had this issue too. typically I either copy my post or by clicking back on the browser the unsubmitted answer is typically still there...not sure why the site does that ocassionally

• This happens because of the sites architecture. When you click "ask" a question you're making a request to the sever. The sever is now actively waiting for your response but if you take to long the server times you out with the assumption that because you've not answered in "x" amount of minutes, you must have left, and your request to the server is reset.

Sites do this for one of two reasons... security and memory management.

• Aye, I've said a couple of highly controversial opinions in the past and they've been removed :/

I've always assumed it was because no one in their right mind would agree! xD

• In the past, GAG had a lower threshold for graphic how-to details. You have eased up considerably, which I agree with because Sexuality is an adult discussing sex. I try to be clinical and procedural and not raunchy when I do it and you have let them pass.

Wondering if there could be a moderated, limited allowance for posting solo non-sexual (no acts) photos associated with a valid question. "Do I need breast implants?" "Do I look good?" "I like it when they/it looks like this". Actually, you have let a few get by.

• Not really. I'll just assume it had somehow violated the terms of use, wasn't appropriate or was an FAQ. I'm an ex forum/GaG mod anyhow, so they gave me an idea as to how these things worked. And as pointed out, some posts are unjustly removed. I've seen it, and it's happened to me at least once.

• well, I know that the GAG site is patroled by political supporters, say anything negative about their party or their fav politician, you get reported to moderators, and police hang around looking for potential pedos...so say anything negative about cops and they run to mommy moderators.

the moderators, don't like to fight for freedom of speech if it involves lawyers, so they do was politicians an cops say and take down the offending post.

• One thing I do have to say, I'm appreciative that mods/admins allow discussions that may not be pleasant for everyone.

Not blatant attempts to harm, but of harsh realities.

From a therapists standpoint, one cannot solve a problem that is not acknowledged.

• Yeah I do I believe there's some type of vendetta against me because it always seems my questions get removed even if their well written and informative. I mean come on how many damn questions do we have to see about does he/she like me? Or how do I get his/her attention? I could ask a question about the Government and it would be removed within hours sometimes days. But someone ask How do I get a date and its OK? I mean wtf.

• Some account holders are unfairly targeted , Discriminated against while others are overlooked . It appears only if " You " like it , it stays , hardly freedom of speech or honesty , just selective discrimination.

• I think you should make more tabs dealing with other social subjects. Maybe this site is biased on romance and sex?

Let's try making tabs for friendships and family? "Health and Other" is a good start. But what exactly does "Behavior" mean? I feel as if it relates to flirting, break ups, and confusion on relationships.

• I knew it was mostly gonna be about under 18+ asking about sexual questions like 'blow job tips'...

• Up to this day I still don't understand why my "Do you poke yourself in the A$$hole" thread was removed.

• Nope. I know people are sensitive bitches.

• Removal of questions/answers, is a violation of the 1st amendment of the constitution of the u.s.

if you don't live in the u.s. and or don't have this right...I don't know what to tell you, but this site violates the 1st amendment of the constitution here in America

• It's their website. Dumb argument.

• dirtyblonde, you have no idea what the first amendment means. Absolutely none. This is a private web site and you have no right to free speech here. If you think you do you are seriously mistaken.

You have a right to free speech, but nobody is under any obligation to provide you the platform for that speech. You want free speech? Make your own web site. Even then the web host can make rules and limit what you can and can not do.

• I have a right to free speech, private or not..the fact that they remove "bad" things, is a violation of the first amendment.

• I'v had two comments removed that were pretty stupid to remove. And I think another one was because the entire question this creep posted got taken off and I don't know why that person is even allowed to still be on here.

• Hell no! Whatever your reasoning it doesn't matter. "No means no!"

• Since some posts are promotional that's why they remove the posts

• Sometimes, a post removal is unjust.

I saw your link. Sometimes questions get removed for no apparent reason. Even if your question is a logical one, while removing your question your question will be removed as if it violated some rules mentioned in the link.

Ever since GAG started nominating it's members for moderators, the above said cases have increased. GAG is appointing just any moderator.

Before appointing a moderator, GAG must do a thorough background check by going through all the answers that the members gives on this website. The member should not be biased against some people/community. GAG should also do an offline check and meet the person and analyze his/her personality. At any given time, GAG should have an entire biodata of the person at any given time. Everything should be checked.

• ooo fly me to Europe for my meet and greet! I've always wanted to go to Europe!

• Is the reply from the moderators below " Non sense " yes , so it should be removed , right .

• We NEED stricter criteria for the moderators chosen. I do find it a bit obnoxious that certain biased moderators on here are going through old posts simply because they disagree with what was said.

• Even more than why some posts are removed, are the times when absolutely silly posts AREN'T removed. I've answered questions that literally made no sense or were completely useless to this site, saying "What is this question about?"...and MY answer is deleted but the whole question remains. That doesn't make sense to me.

I don't think all of the mods and admins on this site are as upstanding as they lead people to believe. From unfair removals, to reading peoples messages because they're in love with users on here (and banning others as a result)...that doesn't strike much confidence in me that the moderation is fair and unbiased here, nor is privacy respected.

• Again, if you feel a post removal is unjust, let me know and I'll be happy to look into it.

As for the other claims, those are false rumors spread by angry users and should not be taken seriously. Privacy is given and respected.

If you're having issues, I'd be happy to help. Otherwise, please do not continue spreading false rumors about the site, that doesn't help anyone. Thanks for your feedback :-)

• Uh oh, we have an overreaction alert

• lol

• Most of the answers that are removed are good answers from me... No sense.

• More from Guys
    1

What Girls Said 12

• When I had a question that practically bashed life and shit I understood well why it was removed...that's all me being inappropriate and I admit that :) There was a time where I had all those questions in a quiz form and each question was next for that quiz thingy I did. You weren't yet admin so it wasn't you who removed them or anything but I always wondered why...it said the duplicity of names and shit but they weren't the same questions literally nor were the titles. It bothered me cause so many people ask the same, literally the same questions again and again throughout time and yet they don't get removed.

P.S.: I was sorta angry at the time, I don't care anymore. I accept it for what it is. But I'm still wondering so if you could explain that to me that would be great. Thanks! XD

• I wasn't an admin then, so I honestly don't know. I'm sorry :-\

• Haha! I was just a Supermod back in May.

• I know, I know, and you did very much participate in my quizes :P

• yeh sometimes posts get removed for really stupid reasons… but whatever

• Yes good. I've been wondering if this information was available to everyone or not. If it wasn't before, I'm glad to see that it is now. I feel like it gives a much clearer explanation than what's on the Help and Guidelines pages.

• I do wonder why posts are removed from GirlsAskGuys. I don't question why other users have their questions removed. When my questions are removed (4 have been removed I believe), I don't feel it necessary to post a question ranting about it.

I message y'all and ask:

link

Then y'all respond to my question.

My only problem with question removal (and again, this goes back to the supermods chosen) is that I've had several questions removed by the mods, only to be reinstated by admins. Just because one disagrees with what is being asked does not mean it actually violates the TOS.

Some users here seem to believe they determine the TOS. This generation is filled with emotionally driven people to the point of it actually not being comical.

• There seems to be a daily influx of questions about racial dating and it seems to be about the same thing over and over again but just worded differently. I'm surprised they don't get removed. They could do a search button rather than repeat the endless questions over and over again about at least twice a day. It's getting silly and old.

• I had a question on thermodynamics removed. It's too hot and heavy.

I wonder why. More than one moderator should preview a question before it is deleted.

• The moderators and the admins delete.

But the finalization of the actual post or comment being deleted goes through the admins.

They overlook it to make sure it is being rightfully deleted.

• @vishna - I'm sorry, but I don't know either. That question was removed in May 2011, I didn't join the team until August 2013.

It may have been removed because it didn't contain enough details, but I personally don't see anything wrong with the question. If you'd like to re-post it, you may. Restoring it probably won't get you any answers.

• Haha I don't care about answers much anymore :)

A few people really helped out.

thank you

• Lol because freedom of speech isn't really freedom of speech you guys pick and choose what you want some questions get so out of order yet you leave them and others that have normal responses you remove them I personally think the moderators have personal issues or insecurities with the question that's why they remove them

• Yeah for certain posts.

• I always wondered

• I'm going to honestly say the when I was 17(already been here for a year and my questions weren't a problem before) my questions kept being removed for no reason at all, but when I posted anonymous it was left alone. This just confirmed to be that certain mods may have not liked/aggres with my point of view when I made a sure not to include anything explicit. So I just waited to "become what's considered an adult" on this page to stop my points from being removed for no reason.

• NO...la la la la lalalala

• Not really. I couldn't care less. A lot of moderators(not all) remove my posts even though they aren't heavily biased. They just got offended.