Do you think less people would use gag if it wasn't free?

if gag started charging people to use it, do you think less people would use it...especially trolls who like to come on here and downrate all the questions to one and 2 stars

Most Helpful Guy

• It's to late to start charging membership fees. The sites already far to developed and set in it's ways to change. If they started charging members for usage this site would die.

But I do think you could make another site similar to this one and have it monetized. It's would just need to contain a different feel, layout, and you'd likely need relationship and dating specialists with validated credentials roaming the site offering an experienced take on the situation.

In any case, such a site wouldn't be GaG. It would feel different in almost every way and only be similar in contextual information. So to answer your question, yes I think less people would use GaG if it wasn't free.

What Girls Said 7

• I wouldn't use it at all

• would anyone use it?

• No way., I wouldn't pay for this shiznit.

• LOL this sounds like marty...

But of course free things are the spice of life

• I think a lot less people would be on hear if they had to pay for it.

• Probably so. I don't think anyone would remain here.

• All the members would leave.

What Guys Said 8

• Yeah, sure. When turkeys learn to type.

• I do think that not a lot of people would stay here if they decided to charge money for visiting here. I for one wouldn't stay.

• It would have a hopping of a user base of like 5 people

• Most sites would loose people if they started charging people for it. GaG would be no different

• definitely. knowing what I know now, I would've paid to join this site. but if I had to pay X amount of money to start an account, not knowing what I know now, there's no way in hell I would.

• also, paying to use websites is a 2003-era of thinking. with advertising as popular as it is, most sites do (or would) only get like <10% of their revenue from paid memberships

• then explain match.com, and e-harmony

• they both have a robust advertising campaign, and the customers pay for it. so theyre in fact the opposite of the typical website in the modern era, but they still facilitate the system I mentioned.

• Likely so.

• Duh, there would be less people using it. Did you really need other people to answer this question for you?

• I would leave - and I assume most people would too.

Heck, as far as I know, even news sites, which were free but are charging now, are in financial straits (to the best of my knowledge)