GAGers! What do you think of the new GAG feature?

There's a new feature on GAG that asks you how likely are you to answer certain questions For each question title you rate you get 2 xper points! I think its a cool addition. What do you guys think?

• Yes its a cool addition and I'm glad they added it
  • Who cares.
I see that most of the people at the "guru level" hate this idea . The only reason I can see that they hate it is because they wish that they had this when they were making their journey to "guru" status.

Most Helpful Guy

• This thread is just evidence of how people on here LOVE to bitch and moan

What Girls Said 20

• Haha I'm a guru and there is no hate on my part.

I think it is a cop out if it stays here forever but for now I'm rackin in the points :)

At first I skipped it because it was a terrible eyesore...I looked from the corner of my eye and thought it was a plane ugly ad :P

Now I use it

• Annoying as fuck. I really thought it was some pop up/ad and the options are stupid and its very slow to respond. Lame? I've never used that word in my life. If it has to be kept maybe change it to a rating system 1-5, one definite.

• @update. I got to guru by answering peoples question since 2009!. Xper level means nothing to me, I didn't even realize I was a "guru" until you mentioned it

• Easy to make points but it's weird like not part of GAG no color no cool font.

• Sure. It's easy xper points. Lol

• I hate it

• No I prefer not there

• @update I don't like it because it is irritating , nothing to do with earning points. Xper points are not important to me

• It's really nice but I'd find it cool to answer some of the questions since they are good but hey we're getting free xpers why complain right lol

• I'm fine with it.

• I think its OK, it gives you extra points so, its all good.

• I've no idea what you're talking about. I don't see anything... I probably don't even care anyway. o.0

• I like it actually.

• Wait it gets you easy points?

• I didn't know about this! Thanks :)

• This is a temporary feature, up for a few more days, to get an idea as to what you guys find interesting and what questions you're more likely to answer based solely on the title.

Thanks to all who are participating! It's helping us a lot :-)

• Hmm hopefully there aren't loads of people who just clicked as fast as they could to get points... lol

That would skew your research a bit.

• We'll be able to see /if anyone does that, so it's all good :-)

• Am I really earning points or just wasting my time? I wish there was a "yay you just got 2 xpers" every time I vote... and yes it is GAG we like to complain here, get used to it:)

• whoa looks like I busted the thing, now it just shows part of the gag homepage, has this happened for anyone else?

• Have you already answered a lot of them?

It may be because you've rated all in the flow already.

• Refresh your screen, it should now tell you you've rated all.

• i like it

• Its okay but its like I'm trying to answer the question so its in the way I wonder how long its going to last.

• I wonder when they're going to take it down

• They might take it down if people keep bitching and moaning about it.

• It is what it is.

• I am not that into it.

What Guys Said 12

• I am unsure if I like or dislike the feature but what is preventing someone from just continuously clicking one option over and over again without even reading a question just so they can gain 10,000 points in an hour lol

• I don't mind it. It's helping me kill time haha.

But I can see how it can be annoying. But you gotta do what you gotta do (Admins) if you want to get an idea of what's best for the community.

• It makes me scroll down more to look at other answers... lol

• I don't think the answers Likely-Unlikely are appropriate for most of the questions.

• It isn't asking you to answer the question, it's asking how likely you are to answer the question based on that title.

• @Update: Not really, like I said, I hardly ever rate questions. I only rate questions when I'm (1) giving it one star because it is a hate/troll question or (2) giving it 4/5 stars because I think it's a good question OR I don't have an answer to that question but I've been asking it myself, so giving it a nice rating helps attract users in hope of them answering it.

I got to guru from answering questions like 2 hours a day when I had nothing to do over the summer.

• VOTE C
    get the GAG money back from these software sales sharks

• It's poorly designed. The question doesn't fit on the entire page and the buttons run off the page. I guess that is because I'm using an iPad, not a computer. Still it needs work.

• Honestly? I hate it. It's the easiest XP I've ever earned really but sometimes inbetween clicking lame 15 times I miss that gem of question like "What are the scientific implications of understanding neuroplasticity in relation to the aging child and their development?"

• I thought it was an ad when I First saw it. Since you can earn Xper points when you click them I'll start clicking more often!

• Seeing as I never use the rating system and others just abuse it, I wouldn't care.

• Some of the questions don't even have valid answer options.

• You're not supposed to answer the questions. Just supposed to answer whether or not you'd be willing to answer a question or topic that was presented in a certain way.

• i haven't gotten any points and I answered like 50 of them a couple days ago.

• Xper points can take 24-48 hours to appear on your account, especially with promos like this as we have to calculate them ourselves.

The ratings you've done through yesterday should appear on your Xper total today at 5 PM CST :-)

• alright. thanks.