Why do you use GAG, choose one?

This is a poll asking why GAG users actually make use of this website just for fun. So, what about you? If none of the below answer something else.

• I want to give people valuable advice they can use through personal experience to help them.
  • I want to make fun of people and laugh at their problems while trying to forget my own.
  • I'm just bored and this is a way to entertain myself.
  • I'm trying to find a great girl/guy!
  • I need help cause I feel like my life is always a wreck :/

Most Helpful Guy

• I do A because of C.

What Guys Said 27

• None of those in the poll fit why I'm at GAG :D

I stumbled upon GAG searching for something on Google.

I found it interesting and the conversations / questions out here were abundant.

I'm a learner and love learning anything new and my acceptance levels are VERY wide.

GAG gives me another sense of perception to situations where I may have had though very scarce, fixed notions / ideas.

It's more of a learning for me and I try to give some of it back by answering questions that I think I can :)

• I'm older than the average guy user here (43) and I'd just like to be able to use what wisdom I've gained through my life experiences to be able to help out the younger folks.

While you learn best from your own mistakes, sometimes it's nice to be able to learn from other people's mistakes so you don't end up making them on your own.

• Voted A. Who on earth would choose D?

• The main reason is to help people who are dealing with problems and need help. The others include me being able to learn from other questions and answers, and being able to trade in my points for gift cards.

• I'm just here to d*ck around, and if I can help someone out, that's a bonus.

• I like the prizes for points.

I have been a user of gag for a few years and I have cashed in a few times.

Some people here are total idiots that need a dose of reality and a swift kick in the rear. Others are actually looking for real answers. Most are just looking for self serving validation.

Either way, it can be interesting.

• To help others be happy and JOYous like me :),

Life is to be lived and accepted as is ! Not to FEAR and be so selfishly depressed !

Poor you who only bad things happen to only you whom think of yourselves as someone important.

• None selected

Interested in others' answers

want to share my unique perspective

• I'd say it's a mix of A and C, with more of an emphasis on the C. I help in whatever way I can, but I'd say it's more of a case of having free time on my hands, but not enough to do anything major, so I end up coming here.

• Some decent advice every now and then. When I joined this place used to have funny posters and personalities but now that's gone because funny questions get deleted.

• It's cheaper than dating sites and slightly better clientele. I like it mostly because when I can't figure out why I come here someone can always give me advice.

• I am kind of a shy person so I need help meeting a nice girl. I get too nervous sometimes.

• Pretty much mostly C.

• A mixture of C and A

• I find it rewarding to help people however I can. I appreciate any advice I get from people on this site as well.

• I need an answer between A and D.

• Obviously, I'm trying hard to find the love of my life the mother of my 20 children here.

• To give people my opinion and hope it helps them out with whatever they may need help with.

• I just wanted to see the results.

I can't believe some people voted B

• Came for an insight. Now gives advice or at least tries to.

• Just for a bit of fun, I guess. The girls on here really amuse me - always good for a laugh.

There is the odd bit of helpful advice that you can use floating around here, too.

• Sheer boredom.

• A and C

• Just for fun. Nothing more.

• I like coming on this website for fun but I really and secretly come on here to find my dream girl.

• Couple years ago I needed help with my girlfriend at the time where I thought she was cheating on me (she was in the end). I I fell in a depression for a few months where I needed to find a new girl. So I came on here. It helped a lot to get help and to help others as well

• You forgot about the xper points

(Amazon gift cards rock)

What Girls Said 20

• I'm interested in different people's opinions on different things. Also share my opinion and/or advice as well, if I can.

Although I don't think the whiny males on here can be helped, so I've given up on giving advice to them. I get the feeling that they're just here to rant and have already have their ears closed up already. So they won't accept any constructive advice anyway.

Bring on the downvotes!

Oh and sometimes I'm here to look for honest advice from people who don't know me. You know, when you can't exactly turn to your friends, because you know they can't be totally honest about your situation, not as honest as strangers would. Or about situations nobody in my real life knows about.

• A combination of A and C. I do enjoy giving advice and helping other people if I can. However, it's also just a fun site to browse around when I'm bored.

• Definately option A, I love to hlep people.

Then again the reason I came to GAG was for advice, and once was option E.

Isn't that the purpose of GAG to give and recieve advice... To give helpful answers?

• Somewhere between A, B and C... Like, I really do wanna help people, & at least help people SEE things a way which is healthy... Cos, that's what I think the problem with most people on here is? They've been taught to see things in a very damaging way, & I wanna help them unlearn that! But... Most of the time, I end up yelling at rich nerds, and that's funny :) I blow off steam on awful people so I like that. & yeah, I usually come on here when I have nothing else to do really...

I picked B ;D

• I'm bored and this is a great way to entertain myself :)

• Definitely c. As a result I end up helping some users

• It'd usually be All the Above except D and mostly B. If I must choose one however it'd be, A. I don't know how valuable my two cents to other people are but I don't mind helping them out not to make more mistakes or have more problems then needed.

• To give advice

To gain advice

To meet new people

To make friends

• It's a mixture of A and E but I chose E in the end :) +5stars :)

• mostly to try to help with my experience and opinions which seem to be rather rare

• I can't really vote on the poll since it's a mix of A, C, and E

• Xper points and boredom. Plus, I get a good laugh out of some of the users on here.

• Started with E and stayed for A

• When I first joined I wanted to know if guys care about certain things and so on..

& now mostly just to pass the time when I'm feeling unmotivated to do something else.

• C...always bored here...

• C and a

• To kill time mostly

• I joined gag to find the man of my dreams. I mean, where else would I find him?

• I'm on here because it amuses me.

• Bored as hell, and I love the whiny males who are here everyday complaining about there dating life

• good one! I'm also bored as fu**in hell!

• hey Just2DangNice (Oh my GODDDDD that username, my SIDES), I'm off anon & I'm gonna say: I love the whiny males who are here everyday complaining about their dating life ;D c'm at me!

• Guys trying to act smart? Interesting also.