Should GaG alert you when someone has commented on your reply?

Okay, ever since I joined this website all the way until now, I thought that you are alerted everything you post.

I was wrong.

You are not alerted at all when you reply to somebody's answer and you get a reply from them again.

You do however get alerter if someone replies to your answer, but not to your reply.

• Yes
  • No

Most Helpful Guy

• YES! Absolutely. If I'm having a debate with someone, I would like to know when that person or someone has replied to it instead of having to check back myself. Many times I've forgotten about it and the debate just ends there and the other person thinks I chickened out of the rest of the conversation haha.

• Yeah, I have found out about it so late. I thought "Why do most people not bother to reply? Surely at least some of them have something to say"

It's going to be a bit of a pain to dig through my past answers.

What Girls Said 16

• Yeah it would be really nice! Kind of like when Facebook says "Someone also commented on this" or whatever.

• Yes! It's very annoying to have to remember every answer I've ever commented on recently, just in case I want to go back to it and see if I've gotten a reply. I think @-replies should actually work on here, too.

• I agree with you. An alert would be very useful because some people (just like me) usually forget to check back later for any replies to what they said.

• Yes there should be an alert, but there isn't so you have to remember to check back later for any replies to what you said. However it will tell you when you have commented on your own answer as if a new comment has been made lol. Pft.

• Yeah, now I'm going to dig through some answers I replied to and see if anyone said anything.

That, and from now on I will just have to save the pages that I leave comments on answers.

• Yes an alert would be nice. I often forget to go back and check old answers so I'm sure there's things people have asked or said that I would have liked to respond to.

• Yes,yes,yes,yes,yes,they should.

• I know I thought the same they should do that

• Yes, it would be a wonderful thing.

• Yes I would like to know.

• yes but it doesn't bother me that much

• I wish there was a way I could delete all those alerts because I can't read them all

• Yes absolutely,i would like to know when I get a response.

• Yes, I always thought that would be a good addition

• I honestly think there should be an option for gag users if they want to be alerted or not

• Yes agreed! That should be an option if you want to be alerted or not

• Yes, I think that would be a good idea.

What Guys Said 8

• Yeah I very much would like that, sometimes I forget about a comment I left on a question and if someone replys to it I don't even realize

• I'd like an alert when some other GaG-member replies to a question I replied to.

• That would be good too.

• It would give more page visits and clicks on the site too. Price of adds is linked to the number of visitors.

• At first I thought that would be a good idea, but then again, it's good as it currently is. Because otherwise it would lead the discussion astray from the actual question, which I see very often in normal forums.

So, I think not knowing when someone replies back in a comment I made has it's advantage, too.

• Yes, it would be a good thing. Not sure why is not in effect, seems retarded that it is not.

• nty. It'll just provoke more trolling which is what most comment wars turn into

• YES, even a simple email would help

• Yes, I hate it.

• Absolutely. That's something that has always irritated me. I don't have time to continually go back through every comment I've made and see if I need to respond to someone.

I get the impression GAG intentionally manages for a very quick death of questions. They want a quick turnover and once a question has died they want it to stay that way. I don't have anything concrete on which to base that...just observation.