Should Girlsaskguys version 2 have downvotes or not?

Meaning if people could only "upvote" answers and if they didn't like the answer they could write a reply about it, but not necessarily just downvote without giving an explanation

• Yes it should have downvotes
  • No it shouldn't have downvotes

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes we should have downvotes but I think we should be able to see who downotes us (equivalent to "likes" on Facebook). I think that would deter trolls and users with multiple accounts from simply downvoting for no reason or only because they dislike the answerer because their name would be seen.

What Girls Said 8

• I think we should keep both the up and down voting but be able to see who gives them like fb.

• Well maybe you can make it so that they tell you who down votes your question. that way you will know if you have a stalker or bully following you on this site.

• No I would think better not because some members are upset by the downvotes . Also it helps to prevent trolls in a way

• That might be important feature to some people, but I don't really find it that helpful

• Keep them, but show who gave the downvote to identify the trolls

• Yes and no. Whenever I downvote something that could use work I do give constructive criticism, but a lot of the time people just say things that are downright stupid. It's like did you think about that before you wrote it? In which case the downvote doesn't even need explaination

• That would make people even more butthurt so no.

• YES LOL.

They cause such a stir

What Guys Said 5

• Yes, why allow donvotes without any explanation? That just encourages trolls.

For weeks I've had a troll downvoting all my questions and answers..I'm not the only one!

The dwnvotes don't clear up any issues in the question, and don't help anyone reading it. They just give an outlet for people without a life.

• I'd prefer to see something like 'thanks' or 'kudos' than the like/dislike feature. I'm not entirely opposed to the latter but dislikes are bait for trolling IMO.

• I like down votes. I almost never use them, but I miss the feature in places that don't have it and sometimes if I say something unpopular it's fun to watch em stack up.

• I could careless who downvotes me .It doesn't make or break me .

• I agree with honeybee. Keep them, but let people see where the downvote came from