Do you think you should be able to change your name on GAG more than one time?

I changed my name on GAG once and I had no idea it would be the only time I could do so. They didn't let me know until after they changed the name that it was a one time deal. Do you think we should have the right to change our name more than once? I personally do.

• Yes
  • No
Also, I just wanted to add in that this causes people to have multiple accounts instead of just one.

Most Helpful Guy

• I say they should. But it should charge you XP considering a lot of people are saying no to the idea.

However 2 free changes should be nice. Ask GAG, I'm sure this idea would be nice to for them to consider.

What Guys Said 8

• We have it on record that you were, in fact, informed of this at the time of your username change. We can forward the message to you, if you'd like clarification. Yours was just changed 6 weeks ago, there's really no need to change it again.

Also, the information can be found on the site - link

We only allow one username change per account because a constantly changing username causes a lot of confusion. We always encourage members to choose their usernames carefully, because it is something that can only be changed one time without cancelling and creating a new account.

• Well, I didn't know it could be done but someone told me I could change it if I sent you guys a message. So I sent a message with the name I wanted to change it to. When I got back on, I saw you guys had done the change and I got an email that said it would only be one time, but the name was already changed. So I guess what I'm saying is that if I knew it was a one-time thing, I would have picked a better name lol.

• Constantly changing your name would be a recipe for unlimited trolling, and there's already more than enough trolling going on.

Chnaging your name once to AVOID trolls seems like a reasonbable approach, but if you really need to dodge trolls again, you would need to cancel your account and sign up with the new name.

• I say no. As others have stated, it could lead to abuse. I think even allowing one change might be too much, but I can see if someone chose poorly (like their real name).

I've been on the site five years and never once had the thought of changing my name. Didn't really think too many would to be honest.

• They could charge like five or ten dollars for the admin fee

• Maybe, but I usually just pick names I'll know I'll like.

• never thought about it.

• Nah. Just once is enough. The only other way to do it again is to cancel your account and start anew.

• No. Once is enough

What Girls Said 5

• i didn't even know you could change it lol….

i reckon it'd b nice if people could change it over time. you know, like if someone joined the site when they were like 16 with a name of cupcake123 for example lol

they surely wouldn't want the same name at 24:P

then again changing names would make it really hard to identify people here, I know heaps of people by their usernames, changing them would b so confusing, especially if they changed their pics as well.

• No.

It's already anonymous since it's the internet, and even more anonymous because they allow the anonymous option.

Sometimes I think people on here just wanna bitch for the hell of it

• From what I've seen on this site, you seem like the person who is always bitching on here, lol.

• I troll and mock people, but I don't complain

• Nah I prefer mine the way it is. It'd be so confusing for those you have in your friends list if you kept changing your name

• Well I just like to pic something that I will like and won't hate later. I think once is enough but sometimes people will regret putting that name so I understand.

• But why do you need to change your name again?

• I originally had a name I used in real life, and I didn't want to be identified because people would know it's me by my answers/scenarios. So I changed it to something random, but it's a dumb name. I didn't know it was a one time deal.