GAG users, what country are you from?

Do you like where you live or would you prefer to live in a different country? What things do you like and dislike about your country?

*Note: I realize that there are many other countries where users here are from but there are only 5 poll options so I just included the ones I thought would be the most common for users here. I apologize if your country is not listed. If that is the case, just select "other" and include the name of your country in your answer:)

• USA
  • UK
  • Canada
  • Australia
  • Other

Most Helpful Girl

• USA

Do I like where I live?

Hmm, well, that's a pretty complicated question, really.

I don't really care to live outside the US, although I wouldn't dismiss the idea entirely. It'd really have to be something big though, to get me out of everything I know... I hope that makes sense.

Do I like where I live, regarding city/state? Absolutely not. I was hoping I'd be getting out of here sooner rather than later, but a family member's health issues prevent that from happening anytime soon. So I'll be here for a while longer, it seems. Without my parents though, I'm gone. To a place completely new and unlike where I am and I'll never come back.

• Interesting:) You live in Texas, correct? What state would you move to if you could?

• Haha! I'll be sure to consult you guys when I'm ready to move :-)

I'll probably do so much research, people will want to kill me, haha!

• Yeah VA is pretty cool place

What Guys Said 25

• Could just read my username, or hover your mouse over it... You doing that? Cheers :P

England may be a hell-hole, but in the end it's MY hell-hole and that's just the way I like it :3

• Finland. And yes, I like living in Finland. I especially like the usual winters, the way most people respect the privacy of others, how safe it is here, the nature in general is pretty nice. I dislike the lot of drunken fools we have, some of the laws we have in place and the sometimes quite harsh judgementality present.

• Luckely for you the worst ones go to dear Estonia , Tallinn :p

• Hey there fellow Finn! :)

• Good day to you as well.

• Currently living in Japan for business, however I'm originally from Belgium.

Japan for its women, rich history and sakura trees <3

Belgium for its chocolate, beer and french fries(Yup, we have the best ones!)

• I live in America, and I like where I live. I wouldn't mind moving just to get away from the area that I grew up in, but whenever I do end up moving it's going to be a small town kind of place. I hate cities. I live in Michigan and on the west side. Which is basically the beautiful side of Michigan compared to the south east part of the state. Not to mention we got Sleeping Bear Dunes. Voted the most beautiful place in America! Can't get any better than that!

• Belgium , planning on studying in Canada or US , Master after Master degree or MBA. Then maybe get a job there and live there , but Belgium is not that bad either :)

• for people who don't know Belgium , capital of Belgium is Brussels , sort of capital of EU , it's underneath the Netherlands so we import weed.

• i had been there before ..chocolates :)

• :D beer chocolates and waffles and still such ahigh suicide rate tss

• I'm from the USA. Hmm I'm thankful that I was born here over some other places but it wouldn't bother me if I lived in another country. I'm a traveler at heart and want to live and work in many places in the world. I'm glad there is variety in the world and I hope to absorb as many cultures as I can.

• Canada. I love it when there aren't brutal ice storms that knock out power on Christmas day

• haha I remember seeing you post about that on another thread. I wouldn't survive in super cold temperatures all the time. Just this past week we had a cold spell and it got down to 10 degrees Fahrenheit...I was miserable just walking outside. Lol

• Lol I bet! And I know nothing about hockey. haha

• We also like the Ocean.. music.. and to drink!

• I live in the US, and like it. The thing I like most about the US and I like having 4 seasons. The thing I dislike about it, is the people in Washington.

• USA:No, Virginia is pretty boring, I plan to move when I'm finished with school. I'd love to live in another country for the experience. Who knows, if things go as planned I could move to another country.

Dislike: Government

Like: Just about everything else

• I don't find it boring at all. But I suppose it depends on your interests. I'm an outdoorsy person and there are a lot of things to do in that aspect. I also like that there are mountains on one side of the state and the ocean on the other. But obviously it's just my opinion.

• I'm from the good ol' US of A :-)

• Was born in bangladesh and came here to california for better living. bangladesh is shitty. don't like going there. However, I don't love where I'm living in either. it's better than the country I was born in but I'd rather live in a peaceful green meadow away from society :)

• USA. Like the beauty and variety. Hate the federal government.

• I live in the USA, in southern CA.

• 'Merica baby!

• The USA.

• Merica'

• USA! Back to back world war champs!

• The grey UK.

It's pretty shite...

• Hello there! Very interesting poll... I'm trying to make some friends all over the world.

From where are you? I've posted you a friendship request. Feel free to accept if you like.

• I live in U.S. But my pride is with my Chinese roots. Go China and stuff :!

• USA. I like it. It has its flaws for sure. But I'm not leaving.

• USA!

• the greatest city in the world in the greatest country in the world. love the red white and blue

• I live in America. I don't hate it, but I am not really happy here either. I would love to move to some other countries and see what they are like first hand before deciding where to live for the rest of my life. I don't really have any country picked out, but I know I don't want to stay in the same place forever, and always wonder what I missed out on.

• I live in the U.S. I like it enough, but I do think some countries might be cooler and even better to live in, such as England. Unfortunately, I don't have the money and am horrified of planes, so that likely won't be happening anytime soon.

Other than England having a bit better healthcare, I just think it looks and seems nicer.

What Girls Said 28

• I'm from America but I live in Japan. I like both countries for different reasons, but between the two I'd prefer to live in the states. I love Japan and it's been a great experience, but it's not a permanent place for me due to less job opportunities for women (especially a foreign one) and the fact that it's harder to find certain foods/products that I enjoy having (example: whole grain bread, noodles, or wraps are practically nonexistent. Fruits and veggies are super expensive-etc.). On the upside, I do feel much safer here, and find the people to be much friendlier than in America which is a huge plus.

I'd like to try living in Europe or Australia though. It would be nice to explore other places and compare them all. :)

• I live in the US, and yes I like living here.

It's OK, but I don't see where everyone is getting this whole," American Dream", idea from maybe it was at one time, but it certainly isn't right now. Every country has it's flaws. (Shrugs shoulders)

Now I've always dreamed about living in Britten. Especially since 1D those charming British lads came out.

It's the same with me and Australia... Its just something about guys with accents that drives me nuts xD

• I live in Germany. I was born somewhere else though...

Yeah I like it here. I like the german punctuality and the directness of the people (mostly). They're a bunch of reliable people. They focus more on quality than quantity.

Dislike: I wish people would be more friendly towards strangers. Also people really like to complain over here, mostly about first-world problems.

• I like my country. The only problem I see with it is that it's cold and it's hard to start your own business here.

• The Caribbean for me... Trinidad and Tobago to be more exact... Trinidad to be even more precise... I LOVE my country, you would love it too if you were here... the only thing I really dislike about my country is the corruption of the government and the police system :)

• Australia.

I love where I live and realistically I think that no matter how much I travel, I'll always call Australia home. Beautiful beaches, laid back people with open minds, and a lot of opportunity (high wages, etc).

I dislike the institutionalised racism inherent in our culture and how isolated we are (especially where I live, which is the most isolated city in the world).

• México. I like it here, but things are slowly getting bad. I'd love to live in Canada or somewhere in Europe!

• I'm from Canada.

I haven't been to many other countries..

USA, Dominican, Cuba...

based on those, I'd rather stay in Canada.. but if I had to leave.. Cuba.

Likes:

Winter

Wilderness

Stronger Beer

• Out of curiosity, just off the top of your head, how cold does it typically get there in the winter?

• -20 is normally as cold as it gets in the south.. nothing so bad as the -40ish we've had lately

• Ugh, see I would not survive in that level of coldness. Lol Like I commented to Janson. The low was about 10 degrees Fahrenheit here this past week and I hated it.

• US, I do like where I live and appreciate how good we have it right now compared to others in other countries. I like the idea of moving to another country but realistically I wouldn't see it happening. I would like to go to Spain but I don't know really. Here in the US a lot of things are being shined on like politics, media, celebs, but about the truth of how it really works.

• TURKEY <3 Great and single love <3

Especially my city SAMSUN is different <3

• Polish born and bred.

It's not BAD here, but people seem to have this obsession with "doing things the Western way" and we have retained little culture of our own. Plus, prospects are not too good for my intended area of study (and work) so I choose to study and then probably continue to live in the UK instead (in 18 months I'm off to the Isles). Or Australia. Or Canada. Or to hell with that, I can just travel the world. Weeee~

• Finland! *waves small flag*

• Canada, I would love it more if it wasn't so cold.

• UK

• Uk, England.

I love it and I wouldn't want to live anywhere else.

• USA :)

• Canada

• japan. I like it.

• Canada and it's great

• Canada

• Made in sunny island, Singapore :)

• Made in Singapore.

• Canada :)

• USA

• Im from the US :)

• USA, but I want to move to canada

• Great white north!

• yeah I like where I live. I'd be cool to live in a different country for a bit but I think I'd get homesick after a few years.