When someone on gag adds you, do you expect them to message you?

So I'm wondering if you expect people who add you to message you? Personally I add a some females from time to time but I never message them. some delete me after a while.

Most Helpful Girl

• I give people men and women 2 days max. If they don't talk to me I delete them.

If they talk to me (men mostly) and are total pervs or straight up stupid I delete them as well.

• Lol guess I get deleted because I'm not perv lmao

• I don't get on too much on the site because I'm busy but when I get on I add some cute girls. but I can't message them since I'm barely online

• It's OK to just say hi, thanks for adding me. Reason why you added them is where it becomes the test.

What Girls Said 19

• no if a guy adds me I assume he's doing it to see if there's hidden friends only photos of myself on my profile or if I answered his question I think he might friend me to message me more about my answer

if a girl does it I assume she's interested in reading other answers of mine or asking about my answer to her question

90% of the time I do get messaged from a guy its a pervy message which I delete and unfriend the person, I've only been messaged 4 times by girls and all of those were about questions and turned into friendships

• Only if we've talked back and forth before using comments. Otherwise, not really.

But tell me, why would you add someone and then not message them? What's the point? Does it make you proud to have 1000 female "friends" or something? This is a warnign sign for me, I would never accept it or would immediately unfriend him again if I see this. Cause chances are he's a perv.

• Well a perv obviously would send sexual/sick messages but I just look at their pic or their questions and move on. I don't have much time to message them back and forth...lol that's all.

• I don't exchange messages with pervs either.

But you didn't answer my question. Why would you add people (or females) and not message them? What's the point?

• My settings prevent anyone who is not added from messaging me.

• No not really.Maybe they added me because they liked some of my answers and they want to ask me for advice.

• No I don't expect them to message me. I have many on my list of friends. I think I have (7) pages, but I only really talk to just (2) members on a regular basis. I am not a social butterfly like many people. I am a bit introverted person by nature.

• I don't expect it, but it's kind of annoying...what's the point of adding me if you aren't going to talk...It's not a contest to see how many people someone can add

• Not really but if a guy sends a friend request I'll be more likely to expect one. I've gotten a few messages from female friend users.

• no, I am really just here to answer questions not build relationships

• I sort of expect them to, because people who usually add do. I either expect that or for them to look through my old answers and questions.

• Nope, not really.

• Nope.

• no because they usually don't

• Not really but it would be nice

• I don't expect it but if they want to, that's fine.

• Initially yes now I dont..

• Nope

No one that added me has talked to me

• No I don't but I know a lot of guys on here assume that when I accept their friend request I must wanna talk to them, which isn't necessarily true. I have no problem talking to anyone but sometimes I get a lot of messages and forget to respond, or I get messages that just say "hi" or where their English is terrible (and I'm a grammar nazi so it kind of drives me crazy) or sexual/"inappropriate" questions I just don't want to answer. so sometimes I don't respond. Basically, don't feel obligated to send a message when you add someone - it's really OK not to get one lol

• Not on this site. Nobody messages me.

• Not really. That's why there is no point in requesting or accepting friend requests.

What Guys Said 6

• Nope. I don't expect them to message me but a few have. I've added and messaged some, usually to discuss something I found interesting or about a related topic we have in common.

• Of course not. I prefer that my friends think highly of me, but otherwise keep their opinions to themselves. I'm not a therapist!

• I wouldn't ' mind if they did, but that almost never happens. unless they think I'm trying to stalk them or something, which they message me about once in a while when I add them.

• No. I don't even know why some add me. Maybe it's because my profile is set to "Private", but I only got messages from like 2 out of 75 friends on here. I never send messages to anyone unless they ask me a question or something.

• when I add someone I message them and if they don't respond in a few days I delete them.There's no point in friending people on this site unless you find them interesting enough to talk to

• Nothing is wrong with the idea. Eventually it may be a great thing. I like to imagine how great it would be if republicans actually helped instead of crying and sabotaging it.