What things do you like and dislike about GAG?

What things do you like and dislike about GAG? It could be anything regarding this website including features, the user base, the content (questions and answers), etc. Whatever comes to your mind:)

Most Helpful Girl

• Pros

I like that you can ask four questions a day

Anon feature

The point system

You can redeem your points

The wide variety of topics

The interesting people that I met

You get points for doing extra things

Cons

Close minded people

Anonymous trolls

No chat feature anymore

The rating system

Search bar

You cannot have change your name

You cannot block anonymous users who block you first and they can still troll on your questions

What Guys Said 34

• I'll say what I like and dislike the most.

I dislike the part of the user base which strictly is out only for propping up themselves, and the particular group they fall under, and act like they are the only ones with issues. One example of this is the sect of guys who have pretty much make a living off of bashing women unnecessarily. It's hard to have a conversation with them about real issues for men, because they are just so rabid about it, you are almost forced to side against them by default.

As to what I like the most, it would have to be the people, ironically. When you sift through some of people who are constantly whining about the same thing (and bringing down other people in the process), you can also find great, intelligent people who make you think more about things.

• I really like the fact that this site is helping break down the cultural barriers between men and women. It's a new line of communication that's helping people figure out that we're really not so different. :)

What I also really like is the fact that people can come here for more general advice and support when they can't turn to people irl.

What I really dislike though is that people on here are often more focused on venting their frustrations than actually helping others (yes I realize that makes my answer here somewhat ironic xD).

• I like being able to just give advice and converse with others, I don't like the fact that people ask for opinion and they criticise you for your view and it's always about the same kind of things. As in people will ask what my preference is for something, whether it's race, body type, hair colour, hair style...etc. Either way someone always takes issue with the fact my preference isn't the exact same as their own.

• I like that it's a generally entertaining place.

I dislike that moderators are allowed to delete things on a whim, many of them have a superiority complex and will delete things that go against their ideology. I also dislike that people will come on here and lecture people about things they know nothing about, but that's not unique to GAG. We get current event questions on this site, often politically charged and the majority of users on here are American. When it's an American issue, I can't stand it when someone from another country comes in and tells us "hey we do it like this in my country and we're better than you so you should do it our way" or "we know better than you because of _______, so do what I say".

Hmm... This made me question why I still come on here...

• Oh, and I really dislike that answers are limited to only 3,000 characters, now that we can only answer a question once it should be bumped up, at least doubled. Same thing with comments, though that should be tripled at the least.

And we need the chat thing back!

• or someone from another country tries to lecture on American political policy or whatever other issue that has to do with the country. I'm like, dude, you don't even live here. butt out

• My sentiments exactly pooper89.

• Like:

-Giving insightful advice

-Reading good questions that I never would have thought to ask

-The entertainment this place provides

-Seeing people trying to troll others and failing hard

-Point redemption

-Ability to bookmark questions

Dislike:

-Users who use this site only to push political agendas, and blast anyone who thinks differently.

-Preteens and young teenagers who register as over 18 (I'll admit it's kind of funny when they blow their own cover by asking high school related questions).

-Questions and answers getting deleted for biased reason

• Like: Intelligent, informative, self-aware, civilized people

Dislike: Stupid, cheating, closed-minded, short-sighted, hypocritical idiots

• I immensly dislike the search option. It isn't accurate, especially for multiple words and it refreshed when pages and more advanced search properties are selected.

Other than that, it is quite a good foundation to build on.

• I 100% agree on the search, it's really bad to the point it's just better to make a question

• I hate it when GAG promises something and it won't . Sparrow24 said that a brand new GAG will be coming soon, and the mobile app, the overhyped new Logo, and a lot more were promised but it seems that it sank to oblivion.

• It's coming, very VERY soon... I assure you.

We're all working very hard to make it great for you guys :-)

• Funny I came here just to see if anyone would bring this up.. I don't keep my hopes up.. I really don't come here much after they got rid of the chat.

• Don't be so discouraged, guys :-)

We're redesigning the entire website, it takes a lot of work and time.

Rest assured, you guys will be seeing the new version very VERY soon!

• I am extremely upset with the removal of the Meebo feature as it was much easier to communicate to fellow "Gagers" with. In all honesty my attention to this sight has seen a drastic decrease with that change.

• I don't have the ability to block anonymous users that troll me.

• I dislike people who troll and those who disrespect others on here.

I like those who actually take the time to give thorough answers and etc.

• Its a small thing but I would like to be able to log in with user name( not email address) and password. Easier especially on a smart phone.

• Also, I'd like the search function to give dated results in newest to oldest order by keywords.

• I like the overall freedom to speak your mind..there are only a couple of sacred cows you aren't allowed to criticize...

I don't like the teen PC vibe, but hey, the suburban teenagers are the ones who have the time for the site..

• There are fewer than before but still like the strong minded people asking and answering questions on here that were productive to the human function of living.

Today it is all focused on all the victims on here and losers with low self-esteem . So the toleration level is much weaker.

Sad thing is seems to be an epidemic not just here but in the world.

When did people become afraid of people?

So dislike is this accepted behavior here.

What I do like there a very very few cool people here but they are still here so that is a plus.

Not to mention the coolest chic here that puts a sparkle in my eyes.

• Pros: Getting help for my life questions and there are some good users that help

Cons: There are people on here that give me aholish answers to my Qs like: Go suck a di*k or your a spoiled brat

• Likes:

Entertaining

Anonymous feature

Insightful

Cons:

Too many children and trolls on here (you can tell by some of these post)

Stupid questions

Xper points? who the hell cares about those?

• You get prizes with XPer... I've gotten almost $100 of gift cards on Amazon since I've been here

• They can get you Stepar free and you can use them to donate money in small amounts

• Like: Getting amazon gift cards.

Dislike: How I don't get alerts for comments on other people's answers.

• I really hate that if you check your 'answers' and maybe get interrupted and don't get to read the comment or update, it's "gone" and you can never find the question again. A real pain in the ass.

I like some of the people I've met. And the GC's.

• I like people that are whining, being depressed, confused, angry, happy, sad, curious, bored, annoyed, passionate, horny, I'm just messing with you hahah ...and indeed trolling, have the trust to write down their situation and other people take the time and energy to respond to them the best way they can (or not) , and making this place interesting, (with it's ups and downs) just like school I would say. I hate the design of the website, it makes it seem old and dead (like no many users are here).

• I dislike that even here, on an internet site full of nerds, ugly girls, manginas and rejects, I am despised. It really does show that I am the lowest of the low.

• Like that it is entertaining and dislike that there are way to many liberals on this site.

• That people answer anonymous and they wanna get at you for your answers. It's like hiding and talking shit.

• I dislike how you can ask a question anonymously but block anonymous answers.

I like everything else!

• I love, LOVE all the white knights, manginas and concern trolls.

• i like everything except the hypocrisy and ass kissing that a lot of people here do

• People kiss ass on this site? I've been on awhile and never noticed that

• i noticed a few. and they annoy the shit out of me

• Like some others said, miss the chat feature.

• THE CHATT! ITS NOT ON HERE ANYMORE BUT IT SHOULD BE !

• The only thing I like about it, is that it's free, kind of like yahoo answers. Everything else, I hate

• I would like for GAG to give the latitude to post links to certain NSFW still images. They would not depict or suggest sexual acts or show touching or fluids and would be solo men or women nudes and closeups posted to answer or support questions. GAG would enforce posting rules regarding content and tastefulness.

"In your opinion, what does a pair of perfect breasts look like?"

Or

"Does this grooming down below look attractive to you?

Or

"Do you like my body?"

That kind of thing.

• Admitted virgins here offering opinions on questions related to sexual experience.

• I get the impression that like 90% of the userbase here are virgins from the answers I read. Everyone seems so naive.

• More from Guys
    4

What Girls Said 28

• LIKE- giving advice. getting advice. amazon gift cards. procrastinating lol

DISLIKE- answerers who seem like they don't leave the house and have never dated seriously trying to give relationship advice. annoying overly insecure girls who ask dumb shit like "my crush saw me blink. will he still like me. I heard guys don't like frequent blinkers"

• Not being able to delete own answers.

• MRA's,closeted racists (say things like ''i'm colorblind'' but as soon as a black person says something against them,they bring out the ''n'' word),psychos (there are several,from condoning hitting strangers,to thinking rape is okay). as far as the content-repetitive questions,trolls not getting banned even though they clog up the site

• Hmmm...what I like about GAG is the variety of people and what I dislike about this site is...the variety of people...as in there are so many interesting individuals around whereas there are also racist, misogynists, feminists, religious fanatics and overly-atheist people ready to fight back, people too in deep in politics that are fighting over it as well.

I mean I respect each opinion and everyone can have theirs but there are some barriers which determine something from being a normal statement or an offensive one. And there are far too many people posting stuff just so they could bash, convert, fight others...

• The thing I dislike is that people judge you sometimes wrongfully for answers they disagree with or people blocking you so that you can't answer their question and you don't find out until you've typed the answers but neither of these are common occurrences. I like the format of GAG - it's a good site if you take the diversity of personalities out of the equation.

• I personally like the people I have met on here, the genuine people who use this site, the variety of questions and people, having another way to learn from different opinions/perspectives, and getting unbiased opinions on things. I also really like when I've actually helped someone.

I dislike senselessly rude people. I know its the internet and whatever but its still sad to me that so many people can be so careless with their words sometimes. Especially in situations where the QA is obviously in a bad and/or vulnerable place and I see someone being rude for no reason. I mean, what's the point? Why was that necessary to say? What are you getting out of upsetting someone and why does that benefit you? I just don't understand that.

I do understand that its not just this site, people use the internet to act out.

I also dislike questions we (the GAG community) have no way of honestly answering. I mean questions that ask about someone's actions or feelings. We know less than the QA, we don't know this person they are asking about at all, so we cannot really say what their intentions are or what the meaning of their actions are. All we can do is make assumptions. I think people need to stop fearing open communication with the people in their lives. You'll never know until you confront people or the problem(s). So be mature about it and just communicate.

As far as things specific to this site I strongly dislike the search feature its no good, I'd like to edit my questions/answers/comments (even if its timed like you can only do it after so long or so many times). Lastly I agree with others, I think if someone is going to block you, all communication should be blocked. Someone shouldn't be able to block someone but still communicate with them.

• Like:

could be entertaining and addictive

I can ask almost anything

I can voice out my opinion

There are some decent users here, you meet different types of people

The Xpers =)

Dislike:

Anonymous being abused

That banned users can easily re-register and using another name, making them able to answer my questions again

How some people are only using this site to whine and rant and not really lookign for advice

The gender and racial war

• One time I blocked someone and I swear they were unblocked like a week later. How the fuck is that safe? What if I blocked them for a good reason?

Likes: some good people, new ideas, advice

Dislike: way too many trolls for such a small site, people ask questions then go crazy if you give an opinion (part of the troll population I hope)

• The victim mentality so many users have

• I hate how you can only ask a question in 3,000 characters-sometimes that's just not enough to fully tell a story that leads to your question! I love the anonymous option and just the fact that I get objective advice!

• No one should tell a 'story' on here that uses that many characters. Those are the questions that go unanswered

• I, for one, will not read word walls. Think your issue through and give an executive summary of it. Like a lawyers closing argument.

• I just hate that some one can block you but still answer your questions. If a person blocks you the should automaticly be blocked from answering or commentting to your questions.

• I like: Being able to answer endless questions, making friends, meeting new people

I dislike: Only being able to ask 4 questions daily, only being able to answer a question once. How it takes awhile to be able to get a gift card. How there aren't very many rewards to choose from. And NO CHAT FEATURE!

• i dislike the site's opinions on capitalization, punctuation, abreviation, and censorship. if I type in "f w b" all together it gets changed to "friends with benefits" automatically. and "p o are n" typed all together gets censored, but words like "fuck" don't. and "c you m" gets changed to "come" but "cumming" stays the same. and if I type the name of a month it automatically gets capitalized, but days of the week don't. they aren't even consistent about these things! and it won't let me use multiple question marks or exclamation points together. and I hate capitalization in general.

also I dislike people who post the same question multiple times under anonymous, just rephrasing the question/description. and those who post questions when they don't want answeres, just agreement with their opinions.

and the fact that my ipad keypad messes up on this site and I have to spend extra time making sure my words are correct.

i like being able to ask embarrasing questions anonymously. and I've made some new friends.

and I like when I can help people with my answers. especially when they get picked as best.

• see my point about abbreviations? I typed in letters as letters and they were changed to words. ugh.

• I like being able to speak my mind, I like talking to new people.

I hate it when people on this site act so self righteous and I hate it when people accuse me of claiming another persons pics as my own

• I like that you're able to comment others' answers, not matter if you're the QA or another answer. I'm comparing this to Y!A.

Dislike:

Trolls (which are everywhere anyways)

That people generalize an entire group of people, based off their experience with 1-3 people.

• I dislike that someone can post on my things if they've blocked me. They should either not be allowed to post on my things, or I should be allowed to respond if it's on MY question.

I dislike that there is no vote based best answer. I think there should be a different/new best answer that's based on upvotes because you might give a reasonable logical answer but if it butthurts the QA it doesn't get acknowledged, even if a lot of people agree with you.

I dislike that this site has a "MERICA" vibe to it. Not everyone here is from America, and certainly not everyone's lived revolve around how "amazing" America is. The questions surrounding that irritate me, because they're very arrogant.

I also dislike the bar for questions. "I had sex with no condom, can I be pregnant?" and "This guy winked at me funny, does that mean he wants my sister?" Stop asking dumb questions that random people on the internet clearly can't tell you, how about these morons just ask the fucking person how they feel like an emotional developed human.

• I don't like how it tells you that you have new comments and one of the new comments is your own comment. Like wtf

Oh and I wish GAG still had the IM feature.

I don't like how a lot of guys on here rant and whine about how women don't like them and never will and say that "what's the point in living? Is there a good reason for not committing suicide?"

and then saying that they are scared to talk to someone of the opposite sex.

If your problems are that bad, you need to see a therapist.

I also don't like the vast amount of feminists who seem to just love posting on here. And of course the guys who don't so much whine, but just have a lot of mean, hateful things to say about women in general.

Other than that, everything else is fine.

• like - people on here are helpful, made some really nice friends, met new people from all over the world, got advice and gave advice

dislike - rude anonymous people, Americans who are racist on here :( um that's it

• like- it helps to pass my time away and I get to make friends here :)

dislike- my comments tend to get 'eat up' I think the coding is not stable here, the questions are like repetitive, some here can be mean and negative, abuse of authority

• i like the point system and rewards.

i don't like that I can't make hearts, kaomoji and japanese characters display.

• Not being able to delete stuff or edit.

• I hate how the moderators remove things all the time. I hate the trolls and whiny guys too.

• The repeat questions about circumcision and size coming from males is a bore

I like that there are some smart people on here really on certain questions there are awesome responses :)

• I like getting points and a few people on here are nice. Mainly the older users. I enjoy the feeling I get when I help someone.

I dislike the majority of people on here. Everyone is extremely biased and willing to attack and/or judge someone's religion/beliefs, but it's suddenly wrong if you judge them for theirs. I feel that the site overall is too lenient on bad behavior. I don't really come online much at all anymore for this reason.

I actually find some of the questions on here hilarious. "He looked at me once...is he in love with me?!" It just makes me laugh..haha.

• I agree. Especially when they ask the question and you give them your most humble advice and they become upset because you aren't saying what they want to hear.

• Exactly.

• dislike:

very short comment character limit, you have to keep refreshing the page to continue your reply by adding a second comment which is disruptive

the fact that people down vote based on disliking your answer as it goes against theirs or they want to make the question asker think its a bad answer making their own answer more likely to become best answer or they just dislike you instead of the answer being a bad one

that you have to click on view answer to see the question and the answer you just posted, why not make answering a question like they do adding a comment so it saves time refreshing the entire page twice

cant be anonymous for comments

you HAVE to look at an answer to dismiss the notification, id like an [x] box by an answer or question on my profile to let me dismiss the notification, I don't want to have to keep checking that answer if someones having a comment argument under my answer

question askers that downvote you or ignore/make a rude comment when you give them proper advice and they only wanted to hear what confirmed their own opinion, I think people that do that waste time of answerers trying to give actual advice and makes them less likely to keep on handing out advice and comments in the future

likes:

variety of real questions

entertaining

lets me post anonymously or publically so you can get your opinion out and receive a neutral response without being downvoted or ignored because the QA or other answerers dislike you

active admin who asks for advice on website improvements, a lot of websites & forums are never policed by admin and the mods run riot and never pass on messages or complaints to the staff higher up, at least here we have an active admin who answers back that we can contact if we are concerned

i like giving out advice

• I dislike how you can't ask a question more than once. If it didn't get any answers the first time we should be able to!

• Dislike

Anonymous trolls

Comment notifications

Rude people

Stupid questions

gag is getting more like yahoo answers

New users have to have a public profile

Likes

Personal messages

• closed minded/ignorant people that don't care or know the difference between opinions and insults.

• there goes the idiot that didn't like my answer to what disliked. I guess I'm not allowed to have my own opinions anymore lol