How many people use this site to live vicariously?

Basically, how many people use this site because their lives are so dull and lacking any kind of emotional stimulus, that they try and engross themselves in the dramas and problems of others?

Personally, I've never had any girlfriend or even any person that I could ever open up who cares or wouldn't judge me relentlessly/ tell other people that I'm actually a huge loser.

I see this site as a kind of emotional escape, where I can pretend my life is more interesting by living through the lives

I can't believe I'm saying this, but I wish my life had any kind of drama, especially with the opposite sex. People always complain about drama, but living without any is very linear and tiresome.

• You do
  • You don't
living through the lives of others'

Most Helpful Girl

• Its more like I'm interested in hearing about these stories on here. I don't necessarily live through the lives of other people on here. I've never had a boyfriend and that's entirely been my choice, I know I'm not ready to be one. I hate drama and I try my best to always run from it.

What Girls Said 4

• Yes, I use this site out of boredom with my dull life but I don't actually read most of the posts and check only the "Other" section and every once in a while my life (or this site) isn't so boring.

• I come on here to help people, and talk to my friends - give and receive advice. I don't have a boyfriend either but that's a personal choice I'm happy with

• Yeah no shit. My life fucking sucks; I'm a HS dropout with no future and have been involuntary held in psychiatric wards 3 times. My life is full of regrets. The internet is only one of my many addictions.

• I go on here out of boredom.

What Guys Said 2

• I never thought about my usage of this site in that manner. I think there is truth to this from my point of view.

• Ever so slightly. I don't know many people/anyone who's been through some of the crazy stuff people talk about here (especially in the sexuality category), so sometimes I enjoy just seeing how wild some people's lives are, even if I may not necessarily agree with the things talked about. It does add a bit of excitement, even if the things talked about seem wrong.