What do fellow GAGers think of asking questions on here?

personally, I love all the advice I get from this site, and someone always shows me a different perspective that I haven't seen before. But what do you think of the whole "asking strangers for advice thing?" from the perspective that relationships are really complicated and it's difficult to explain the true depth of situations in just a paragraph. Thouhts?

• The advice I get is almost perfect
  • The advice I get is usually close enough to be helpful
  • People get the point of my questions wrong a lot of the time, but there are a few answers that help me
  • I haven't received nearly any helpful advice.
Also if you care to contribute - do you actually find that big a difference in asking girls or guys?

Most Helpful Guy

• Great question.

The advice I get on here is usually very helpful because majority of them worked for me. It's always interesting to see how differently people think. It can really tell a lot about how people can be raised, how they think, and so on. Asking for advice from strangers can feel a little uncomfortable (at least for some people), but I usually feel pretty confident that most users are here to help. If I'm still a little unsure about something, or an answer, I continue doing my own research on whatever I'm looking for.

What Guys Said 4

• There's no doubt that the quality of the answers you get is going to depend a lot on the quality of the question asked, and the information supplied in that question. Many people ask questions, but leave out key relevant details, only to be upset that the answers didn't take that into account.

It's like anything else: you only get out of it what you put into it.

Obviously there are limitations; some people have issues that can't be solved by a 3000 character answer, which is why many are told to seek counselling, a doctor's advice, or whatever. I still think it can be useful just to get a second opinion on a strategy, or a direction, if nothing else. We all sometimes suffer from being so close and involved in something that we have trouble seeing the big picture in a detached, logical way, and being able to get that perspective from someone else can be invaluable.

• I think its good to ask. You get so many opinions and you get to see which side likes what and which they don't. You also get a lot of tips which are good to know in some situations, every bit helps. Of course you get the idiots once in a while but for the most part people are honest. Just be sure to take it all with a pinch of salt.

Cgrade

• For the most part I think it's OK asking questions about things you may not know, have no one else to turn to, to ask, or are just too embarrassed to ask. I do agree most relationships are really complicated and it's difficult to answer. Who knows what someone else is thinking.

• B. It's more of a viewpoint I never got before, or just flat out mixed. I try to avoid the trend-type answers like "all women are this" and "all men are that" because those tend to not be helpful and just stereotyping.

What Girls Said 10

• C. but what can I expect? its not like they can hear my tone or actually know the things I'm talking about. they just have a few sentences to go by before they give me their thoughts in a few sentences.

• I think much of the advice I get is pretty helpful.You get the occasional troll but that is excepted. I like getting advice from different age groups they have a lot of wisdom. But if I am still unsure I do a bit of research on my own to be 100% sure.

• I think it's good sometimes you get good answes

• people go off topic usually, or take a question too literal. If I'm asking why men only like big breast it should be understood that I don't mean ALL men. If I ask that I usually get some fck twit defensively answering that not all men like big boobs. This fck twittery wastes a slot on my answers log.

• Some good advice, mostly not really...

• I ask questions on here and get some pretty decent answers. I like it here.

• Sometimes, I get very insightful answer that make me realize something I never would have thought of myself. But that's a rare occurrence. Most of the answers I get are vague or completely obvious. Other answers are just from trolls or those that didn't read the question or didn't read it right. Those answers are more frequent than the insightful ones, but less frequent than the blatantly obvious ones.

• I don't really ask for advice on her I mostly just ask little question like what is your favorite colour and stuff like that.

• You have to sort through oceans of anger and bitterness to find small islands of truth on here sometimes.

• I haven't asked anything on here but I don't think the advice I would be given would be good.