Why do you use the Anonymous option here?

I truly think there are only few reasons to post anonymously.

Some abuse it just to ask some very creepy questions and answer posts like a scared little child hiding behind his mother.

But questions asked unrelevant to matter? what's the point.

I personally think it is pathetic, what's your take on it.

Most Helpful Girl

• I have used the anon option before I admit. I don't understand why men feel the need to go anonymous and for the most part I don't see to many that do. How many girls do they have creeping on them on here anyhow? Can they not handle hearing feedback to a question they pose? I agree that it would seem like they are acting like scared puppies on here.

What Girls Said 8

• I sometimes ask questions anonymously so people can't see my previous questions from them. Some people have given me answers based on previous situations I have been in or questions I have asked, and don't answer specifically to what I'm asking about. I get why that could be better, but it's often not related.

Also, I've noticed if I ask something kind of intimate or personal, people add you and are a bit too message happy.

Anonymity makes things easier, and means you are held accountable for that one answer or question, and not anything else, which really shouldn't matter on a site like this.

• I only use it to ask some personal questions.I don't answer anonymously often.To me this is internet and its already anonymous.I know some people who answer and ask questions anonymously all the time.I would never understand that though.

• I only use it to mess with people { trolls } or the anonymous questions like he looked at me what's it mean. lol

• i only go anonymous if I want answers to a question I find embarrasing, but really want to know people's reactions.

• I have answered a few questions anonymously before. They were just too embarrassing to have my username attached to it. Even if my account in itself is anonymous, I don't want it haunting my other answers or questions.

• Because people judge me quiet a bit so it helps just to post anon

• if it is something sensitive I would but I only used it when I posted question

• I don't understand why people hate on those who post anonymously, as long as the answer is a real answer. It's such a silly thing to hate or hate people for. I don't think it's pathetic at all, it's just a personal choice that literally makes no difference AT ALL to those around them (again, I'm not talking about trolls, just people who use the feature). Some people have major issues with being harassed, stalked, attacked, etc. Posting anonymously helps people feel more secure and less "at risk". There is nothing wrong with that. Why shouldn't people be able to enjoy the site without having to worry about those things, you know?

The only times I've ever posted anonymously was when I wanted to get help or give help about something and doing that included me sharing something about myself I didn't feel like making public (with my username). That being said, I rarely post anonymously because most of the time, if it's too personal to post, rather than post anonymously, I just don't post it at all.

What Guys Said 7

• I go anonymous if I'm providing info (in a question or an answer) that I feel embarrassed about or just not comfortable with revealing myself along with it. That's pretty much it.

• Some of them are just trolls. Others just don't want people they may know to recognize them.

• Privacy. They don't want their username judged based on the questions/answers they give. Problem is, if you can tell how certain people type, you can start to recognize who they are. Personally, I see no point in trying to go anonymous You're already anonymous behind a computer. I realize some people don't want to be harassed but that's why you can make your profile private. The problem with making your profile private, is often that they are hiding something specific. If they're hiding something specific, how could you know if they're telling the truth in their questions and answers.

Btw, thanks for not going anonymous for this since you didn't allow anonymous answers. It's hypocritical to hit both buttons

• [French accent] Because I want to remain incognito [/French accent]

Wait, oh damn!

(it's okay, stay cool, I've got this...)

[French accent] this is Not Nowistheonlytime posting, yes it's is sooooomebody else! [/French accent]

(bingo, nailed it)

The only real reason to go anon is to save face, to not be associated with the answer or question given, (most will likely be repeat posters here)

• What's the anonymous option?

• For the heck of it

• from my experience, people use the function to either be intentionally belligerent or racist