Does your personal background affect your questions and answers on GAG?

Does your education, field of work, family background, cultural background, etc play a role in your questions and answers here on GAG?

How far?

Most Helpful Girl

• Definitely. That's how people's opinions are formed. Personal experiences affect the way people think and their viewpoints. The way people grow up, what they're exposed to, their culture, etc. is the reason there is so much diversity on this website.

What Guys Said 6

• All answers are always based on personal experiences, studies, observations and perception and yes it does somewhere relate to the opinions provided and that holds true for everyone.

However, nothing that happens around me makes me stubbornly opinionated. There are times when a particular question on GAG changes a preset opinion on something.

• Absolutely. What we go through while growing up makes a huge difference in how we think, what we like, what we do, etc. If I didn't have experience in something then I would not be able to answer a question. Or I would answer it differently. This applies to everyone.

• Yes. Being objective when people need real life subjective answers is not what we are here for.i give my opinion and my education, field of work, family background, cultural background etc play a role in shaping my opinions

• Absolutely. I'm 38 now and had a life spending a lot of time to my job & hobbies but little more than friendship relations to girls. Who generally had a partner so "being friends" was the only thing allowed.

I tend to answer questions of people with a similar life story. My experiences often help to encourage them to continue trying. Since about a month ago I first tasted "the edge between friendship and love".

My sense of humour can also be helpful as you know :-)

• Yeah, of course.

• It would be unavoidable to do otherwise,

What Girls Said 7

• Of course. That's how viewpoints and opinions form lol. I'm learning on here that people grew up way differently than I did and have ridiculously different views. My way's still right though of course :p jk.

• I do try to be objective at times and look from the view of others but I still have to draw my opinion from somewhere, don't I?! And in order to have my own opinion I need to have past experiences to form such, so, yes, I mostly use my view when answering. Same goes to my questions but when I do ask something I usually it's about my interests rather then experiences.

• Yes, a lot of answers are based on things that we as a people have experienced.

• Of course.

I am but a product of these things.

My nature would most likely be the same if I grew up across the globe, but even that could be swayed in extreme situations.

• Yes.I usually ask and answer questions here based on what happened around me.

• Yes It makes it easier to answer certain questions.

• Of course.
    My past experiences have shaped who I am and how I handle life, so when I share my opinion about a situation, what I've been through DEFINITELY shapes that response, either directly or indirectly.
    We are the results of our past, at least I am.