Why can't Religion Be A Topic That's Banned On Here ?

Am I the only one annoyed about every other question on here being about religion ? Clearly this isn't the place the place to ask.

Most Helpful Guy

• Aye. Completely agree.

What Guys Said 13

• One of major problems with religion is when it forbids certain topics from being spoken about. You seem to be making the same mistake now.

• This is the exact place to ask this is a site to ask any question to anyone and I believe its call besides it would be unfair to religious people such as myself. The whole point of the site is to be open there are much worse and disturbing questions that should be banned and aren't so why should religion. Any drama on here is usually started by people who hate it and feel the need to spread it around. I am old school and pro religion and a Pentecostal Christian I feel that if people want to ask a religious question they should this goes for all people of all religions even those I don't agree.

• it may as well be banned, since you can't have a serious discussion without the fundies getting hysterical and overwhelming the sensible comments with their prophecies.

But you're right, this isn't the forum for philosophical discussion in general.

• The whole idea about this website is it being an open forum...banning religious conversation would cause unnecessary controversy.

• It'd cause controversy and then the bible thumpers would get bored and eventually leave, which would make the controversy worthwhile.

• It colors every aspect of your life if you have one. It's part of who you are. Not being able to talk about somethibg that fundamental would make this place suck.

• questions about religion come on here every once in a while the majority of people on the site are atheist much to my displeasure sometimes, but many legitimate questions about religion that are answerable can be answered on here so I don't think it should be banned

• Why is it disappointing that there are many atheists?

• Not disappointing but I'm dismayed when all the atheists gang up on all the religious people on this site sometimes not always but sometimes

• I must say that the atheists on this site tend to be very hostile towards anybody who is proud and open about their faith.

• I haven't actually noticed a lot of questions about religion.

I usually go to Recent Questions to answer, so I'm not filtering it out that way - I must just subconsciously skim past them.

• For the record, I am old school and pro-religion. However, the idea of this website is very much in its name. Moat questions about religion have little relevance to girls asking guys or vice versa.

• Ironically yours is the only question about religion on the first page of the other category

• Lets just ban everything that could make anyone any degree of uncomfortable. Freedom of speech.

• After we ban that topic then what is the next topic to ban?

• Ban? If someone says "Well, guys it looks like you can't put your jetskis in the middle of the highway because they're not supposed to go there" is it a ban? Or just being aware that the bloody things aren't even meant to be there?

• Lol again because there are different categories such as other. What topics should be discusses in "other"? Are you suggestion that Gag change for you? Maybe they should keep it down to one category like "dating"?

• Other topics where you need perspective from the other sex, it's in my previous reply. I'm not suggesting anything, I'm pointing out an inconsistency. Whether they address that or not (and they won't) is up to them.

• I agree. Or maybe they should just add a whole new site called, "GAG for the delusional". There they can go preach to each other all they want. 99.9% of the religious questions here have nothing to do with relationships or helping others. It's pure preaching.

• nobody likes censorship. let people ask what they feel like asking.

What Girls Said 7

• Religious topics are fine imo as long as it doesn't violate any of the rules and come across as offensive or attacking towards people. It is possible to have a civilized topic about religion, I've participated in a few in the past but these days it's just a waste of my time and people unfortunately do let their emotions get the best of them in any controversial topic, which makes talking about it in a mature way completely impossible. I think it comes down to what the person is asking and the way they are asking it. Sometimes a good religious question can be interesting.

• Actually, there's NEVER a good place to ask or talk about religion (or politics,

for that matter). It's one of the most controversial topics there is, that's why they

say "you should never discuss politics or religion). Just too many heated opinions.

But, to answer your question. No, they shouldn't ban it on here. I mean, we all

have our opinions and this is suppose to be the place where you express those.

Besides, like I said it's not just here that people talk about religion. And, you

can't ban the entire topic all over the globe.Also, I see more sex questions then

I do religious ones. So, I don't have problem with the religious questions that I do see.

• I don't think it should be banned,but not something we should discuss as everyone doesn't always agree.

• Why isn't this a place to ask. The purpose of this site IMO is to see what men and women have to say about whatever topic. Yes, some topics are a little more delicate than others. But they are all valid questions and answers. Specially religious questions. I mean if you want to say that this site is mostly about dating I think religion is actually something to discuss, since many people have different views and when dating some clashing will come up if personal beliefs weren't talked about before.

For example. I date a guy he goes to Catholic Church and I don't go to church at all. He wants to get married. Will he accept to get married in another place that isn't a church? Then GAG comes into play. "Should I agree to marry in a church, or should I stand my ground"

• Because its a heated topic that too many immature people answer

• Why can people talk about come and sweaty balls but NOT religion?

Religion can be a very essential topic when dating. I've met people who converted to new religions due to their spouse.

It's a legitimate topic to discus.

• As far as the admins concern, religious questions can be asked...

so, it doesn't matter what we think. Just because some users are sensitive to those questions doesn't mean they should be banned

• Me? I don't give a fuck, I don't even click the links, I simply believe that things have a place where they should go. Food for thought, I guess.

• No way. They are so much fun. Like the time PresidentBruno said I was going to hell.