Why are some girls so defensive and bitchy on this site on their profiles?

Im a new member and I just read a girl's profile that said "I'm not here for dates or to make friends, so don't bother sending me friend requests". I have seen a lot of profiles like this on here saying pretty much the same thing on this site by girls users and it makes me so angry that people can be so initially rude and nasty for no reason.

Why are so many girls on here so unfriendly and rude if this site is supposed to be a forum to HELP people? Maybe I don't understand something because I'm new. Thanks.

Most Helpful Girl

• its not bitchy to request that she be left alone, a lot of new members with no answers or questions (and some older members) add girls to private message inappropriate creepy or sexual comments and we get sick of it, those girls probably don't know how to turn off friends requests so they have to make a warning on their profile.

some people like answering questions and giving advice here in public only not private requests for help, if you were messaged lots every week by creeps asking how big your dick was or if you wanted to perform sexual acts or begging for Skype/contact details or if you'll please humiliate them cause theyre into that etc I bet youd put a message up there too.

this happened to me all the time when I accepted friend requests, I had 3 or 4 people a week asking me sexual things or being creeps, I'm also introverted and wouldn't be great with keeping up with messages from genuine people so I would feel bad if someone expected a friendship when I'm just here to answer questions

• Thanks for the input, now I understand why so many girls have those types of profiles.

What Girls Said 7

• I don't think it's bitchy, she's just being blunt about what she's here for, and it's not for friendship. It's not like she was swearing or calling people names or anything. I used to have this on my profile when we had chat on this site: "I'm here to ask and answer questions not to chat so please don't IM or message me." We're not all social butterflies, some people just prefer to be left alone, no hard feelings intended.

• Sounds more like a direct and straight forward request to keep creeps away. Someone can give great advice here without having to take part of the social aspect.

• so...you want people who aren't here to make friends...to be friendly? wouldn't that be stupid? you should stop seeing honesty as bitchiness,maybe.

• It just seems strange to portray a stand-offish attitude if she is either wanting people to listen to her advice, or want people to extend themselves to her to give her advice.

Is the "males-seeking-sex" thing a real problem here? (im a new user)

• well the advice part of the site are the Q and As,not the messaging. and,yeah,if you're a girl,every site has a ''males-seeking-sex'' problem

• Because this is not a social site like Facebook. People come here to ask and answer questions. Some people make friends along the way, but no one is obligated to. And sometimes, being "friends" with everyone unselectively can backfire. Always backfires. Either you get perverts messaging you, or you get people asking you for help when in fact they don't want to listen at all. That's just annoying.

• Stupid thing

• So you agree with me about these girls being bitchy on their profiles and such as being unnecessary?

• Yeah I agree with you 100%.

• Because MOST of the guys on this site are perverts.

• That's the gist that I got from the girl answers. Unfortunate that the amount of creepy dudes is so high!

• Because they don't want to receive messages and friend requests from perverts.

• Has that happened to you personally?

• Yes, a few times.

• If you don't want to recieve messages & friends requests simply block them in your profile settings

What Guys Said 5

• Because they got bombarded with guys wanting to sext.

• Do you feel the "guys wanting to sext" happens so much on this site for girls to put bitchy disclaiming remarks on their profiles?

• I'm sure it does.

• Just because a person is friendly. It doesn't mean they're your friend. One does not have to be inclusive of the other. I'm like that with a number of co-workers.

• Lol I see this on dating sites every so often like a huge list of demands and first thing I think is "do you really think you're hot enough to he that bitchy?".

Id have to say most of it has to do with looks. They know or think they're pretty and have been handed things since birth.

I always feel like trying to say something to knock them down a peg or two, but I don't wanna get into a message contest I couldn't care less about.

• It's not that they don' t want a relationship. They just want to make sure all the gaggers know we're not worthy. It's a way of making herself feel better about being on a site dedicated to people who don't know everything. :-)

• I've actually not ran into many of the ones you're talking about, mainly because I don't visit their profiles and see that stuff lol. But I think with the amount of creepers on this site, stuff like that is almost required to get the message across to the creeps.

There are a couple of users on here who have an ax to grind anyway. The only one I can think of off the top of my head that is consistent with it is that Jueey05 or whatever her name is. Anything you answer with, she'll snap back with something tool-ish as if you called her out for something lol. She used to have on her profile "I'm blunt and not afraid to speak up" or something to that effect. But really, she's just too stubborn and unwilling to see the difference between a person that is blunt, and a person acting like a tool just to be edgy about it.

Avoid her and any others like that (so basically, don't get wrapped up in comment wars with them) and this site will be a little more bearable :)