Do you think the male or female GAGers on this site have deeper knowledge?

I believe there are those GAGers who really have deep knowledge that are lazy,stingy or seldom in a mood to answer questions or give advice.But generally,do you think the male or female GAGers on this site have deeper knowledge?Kindly cast your vote downstairs and thanks.

• I think the male GAGers have deeper knowledge.
  • I think the female GAGers have deeper knowledge.

Most Helpful Guy

• I would say even but very few. I voted male because the advice or insightful Q/A are closer to home as male.

Like you said the people with the great knowledge most likely have the greater mindset to not answer some of the most scared ridiculous one sided mindsets of others on here. Since most of the advice falls on deaf ears..

I myself can answer a deep knowledgeable answers but over all I ruin my rep because I snap on the weak minds cluttered on this site. But then again I hate stupidity. and am not afraid to point it out. Weeks could go by without a genuine question of any knowledge what so ever.

I do have to mention Solitude3, I love your questions you are by far the top female that asks the most knowledgeable in-depth questions and continually. So thank you.

What Guys Said 22

• I think the whole lot of us are a congregation of vacuous ninny's stumbling awkwardly through the dark night of our social ineptitude, clutching feverishly to our crabbed organs whilst reinforcing each others fantasies. This at least puts us all on equal footing.

• There are sensible, experienced as well as those with a vision out here may they be of either gender just as there are trolls and the latter come in both genders as well as all ages.

Again, it won't be fair to say that those in their middle age are those who give good answers, I've seen some teens and those in 20 somethings too answer so sensibly that it's laudable.

A lot of those in the middle age however, tend to be so lengthy with their answers or questions that one sleeps off half way :

I don't think there ever can be a statistical analysis of which gender is better in answering.

I'm not polling :)

• I think you need to read people's answers like the way you use Wikipedia. There are some articles that are not very educational, but there are many technical articles that are very informative. It's difficult to be a master of every subject. Most people are jack of all trades and a master of none. The most important aspect is to question. If you don't agree, ask why? You only know the correct answer when compared to the wrong one. I'm not stating that a person's opinion is absolutely wrong, but it could be relatively wrong to you. Anyway, I believe the inputs from both male and female are equal in thought.

• The males on this site *ostensibly* have deeper knowledge. ie they can recite a list of facts as pertaining to a particular subject area. But they don't really have the knowledge or the insight to apply it correctly, call it wisdom if you like, to the person and the very complicated relationships they find themselves in. This can't be done vicariously. We need to have humility when dealing with situations we ourselves have never been in. So many men are clever, but still stupid, if that makes sense. And there are some women, who don't have the same level of knowledge in terms of facts, but can still navigate their lives much more successfully.

In general, I enjoy reading the opinions of both men and women here, both can be enlightening.

• Each group will have a certain amount of users who will be knowledgable, on average I'd possibly guess male since I feel there are just more of them. I feel that males tend to lean more towards logic and females tend to lean more towards heart felt answers. But honestly there aren't that many 'deep' questions posted on here.

• Most GAGers are teenagers, fairly well off, mostly from suburban scenes. The knowledge base of both the males and females there is largely the same...true, things haven't changed, it's still OK for girls to be dumb while guys are supposed to have some knowledge, but the difference is small.

• In terms of flat numbers, I'd say there are about equal ratios of highly intelligent men and women, which is a small number altogether. There are about equal ratios of dumb people asking dumb questions, which is sadly (but not unexpectedly) a much larger number.

However, there are a whole lot more misogynists and MRAs on this site than there are militant feminists, and there are a TON more males asking pervy questions in the sexuality group looking for wank bank material.

So as a proportion of total popuation, I pick women.

• Both male and female have knowledge to answer questions in a way where they actually help to solve or understand a persons concern. Though as always there are two different types of people and that goes for both genders, who just answer question simply, with no real understanding of what that person actually means or needs to know or hear.

• I think as a group they're equal, though in different ways.

I find there are more men who can interpret and break down a situation well (though some women can), and more women who have really useful personal experiences that they can explain that pertain to the situation (though some men do as well).

I wanna see poll answer, which side's losing, I'll vote for them :p

• "Wisdom is a woman and loves only a warrior." — Nietzsche

(I voted for women. I find them more sensible and down-to-earth, on balance, than a lot of guys).

• I disagree with the poll entirely because knowledge is a personal thing. Some people don't know anything while others are a walking encyclopedia.. This is also regardless of gender.

• I think it's pretty evenly spread out, considering that most guys will ask questions that are better answered by girls and vice versa.

• I see an equal number of understanding, experienced people who offer sound advice from both sexes. There's a clique of socially retarded guys who hate women here though and they bring down the guys average score. A lot.

• I think in most situations Palek knows best

• Deeper knowledge about what? If it's about make up then the girls. If it is about make out, then it's only me.

• I'd like to ask you a question in private. Could you please allow me to send you a private message? Currently I can't because only friends are allowed to do that and you don't accept friend requests.

• Ok,I will change my setting but for 24hours only.Haha.

• Your poll is missing...I think both genders have deeper knowledge.

I'll just stay upstairs XD

• I would have to say the guys on here are generally more knowledgeable on Gag.

• Knowledge of what? It totally depends on the subject matter.

• Guys

• Ya, I don't know why I get downvoted. But nevertheless in general, in life, I find males to have more life experience/insight. I'm not going to lie and say both just to not sound nice

• I can't really say definitively. I've received good advice from both sides of the aisle

What Girls Said 13

• It honestly depends on the person. I've seen very insightful answers from both men and women on here.

• I voted A. I think the number of quality advice I've gotten from male users outweighs the great number of male trolls.

• I think female GAGers are (generally speaking) more compassionate.

But when it comes to cold hard facts and knowledge about things, there are a handful of male GAGers who possess deeper insight without being clouded by judgement. Just a handful though.

I picked A.

Just like in real life, isn't it? Females speak from the heart, males speak from the brain =) Both good though, we could use advice from both organs =)

• I think this is a ridiculous question, you can't possibly generalise, especially considering none of us on here have read all of the answers.

• Precisely.And I notice that my ridiculous questions get tons of answers every time but my reasonable questions hardly get any answers XD

• Ummmm hard to vote either fully A or B because it is a toss up. I think it's based on the individual, I do like seeing a lot of knowledgeable people on here period! Occasionally we get the derp, jerk, troll & idiot but have A LOT more intelligent and real people, with REAL answers.

• hmm, its pretty balanced really, both have deep knowledge and both also sometimes have terrible ones, in my experience their are more male trolls, racists and sexists than girls in gag though, no offense to the guys, its just my opinion

• i think its both - I've met intelligent males and intelligent females on here

• I don't know, the girls can get kind of bitchy at times lol.

• Male

• it is equal

• I don't think that I could pick either way

• There are a few males on here that have not only so much knowledge but wisdom as well, that it makes up for the so many of them that do not. So guys in my opinion.

• I've got good answers from both