Guys and Girls: Anonymous posting.

I've noticed a trend. Most girls post anonymously, and guys, publicly.

Why is this?

Why have you done this, personally?

Most Helpful Girl

• I do it because I'm scared someone I know will be on here and notice me hahahha

What Girls Said 14

• If it bothers you that much you should've stopped people from going anonymous on this question.

I wouldn't necessarily say girls do it more even though it's quite possible. Anyway reasons vary their answer may be embarrassing, some people answer all of their questions like that just to do it, some people like their privacy, they might have left a bad, insulting, inappropriate, answer and do not want others to know who they are... which now that you mention it it really doesn't make since considering no one on here knows each oher.

Anyway the best answer to your question why do girls AND GUYS go anonymous to answer their question is because they CAN.

A better question would be why doesn't guys/everyone answer their questions anonymously?

• It has to do with of number misogynist boys in the midst of puberty on this site

• It's not a trend, well if they want to be anonymous then let them do it. I DON'T think it's okay for the ones to bully, harass, troll, etc to do it, they are just being far rude & mean. If someone is uncomfortable, shy or embarrassed to post a comment then it shouldn't bother you, they aren't as confident or secure about what other people might think.

• I agree with this. I was just wondering what people's reasons for doing this are. That's all.

• Yeah I also agree, plus online people usually act fake and can easily be anyone they want to it's true that some might be trolling. It does piss me off sometimes. I do think most of the females on here are a bit scared to open up. Nothing too bad they just need to have more confidence but they aren't forced to answer questions so.

• I think you're right sammy!

• I think its equal for both genders. It's a preference I guess they have the anon feature there and they use it. It depends on what they are comfortable sharing publicly and what not

• It pisses me off really... Especially when you post a question and they decide to argue against your question anonymously... like really? Come into the light! ah lol Be a woman or man.

• I don't know if its has changed now or what, but you know that you can answer more than once, anonymous or not anonymous. Some of the times, guy or girl , I think that some of the same people answer questions multiple times at once.

• I've answered a hand full of questions anonymously but they were obvious troll questions and I wanted to have some fun and not get blocked. Other then that I see no point in going anonymous.

• I haven't noticed this trend most likely closer to 50/50

• Anonymous posting is inevitable as long as there's that possibility. How and why is a mystery.

• I always post publicly.

• I do it because I'm embarrassed that someone will think I'm weak. I know it's stupid but it also makes me feel safe

• Cause I can

It's not the best answer but yeah...

• I will answer anonymously because, even though I don't really have many personal details on my profile, I don't want to get harassed if I post an answer someone doesn't like. I've never heard of it on this particular site, but I know people who've been bullied over the internet, and I'm not always willing to take that chance.

Sometimes I post as myself, but once I gave this guy advice, and he kept commenting with more questions without listening to my advice. He continued to bother me with his other problems so after that I started giving more anonymous answers, so I won't be bothered.

• There are a lot of people like that.

But this is a Q&A site, so I think it would make sense for him to be annoying :)

• If anything it's the other way around.

What Guys Said 7

• If it is, I'm not sure why. I often see a lot of questions posted anonymously that I don't understand why they were, i.e., I've seen questions asking things like favorite songs, favorite restaurants, etc. A lot of them seem to be women though.

I post anonymously when I have a question regarding a personal situation.

• I can see it being OK if the Q is personal and the person doesn't want to risk anyone they know in real life seeing it.

I think most girls post questions anon because of some silly shyness.

• Because people don't want to be traced and ridiculed for giving an answer or asking a question on here someone doesn't like.

Common types of question I've seen this the most often are:

*religion

*sexuality

*getting personal details-wise in any answer or question of any type

• The female primate is ingrained to protect her reputation with her life.

For the female primate, her reputation is "everything."

What is a woman's main weapon of choice against another female adversary?

"RTBRB"

The "Ruin That B*tches Reputation" blade.

They behave in secrecy, naturally.

• I've never posted anonymously. Don't see the purpose. I have no personal information on my account.

• Girls are probably afraid of being called out or don't want to be known?

• I haven't noticed this trend. Interesting observation.

That said, I personally almost always post anonymously. I do it because I'm ever so slightly paranoid I think.