What's the point of friends on here?

What's the point of the friends feature on this site? I guess it's only good if someone's profile is private but hardly anyone's is. I usually ignore friend requests at first but it starts to stack up and I feel like I have to get rid of the notification so I usually accept all. So can someone explain the benefits if any? Because it's not like Facebook which I don't even have, where you can see your friends updates and what not. Won't be surprised if the site deletes this this question lol.

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't see a reason why anyone would remove this question. When there was chat it was more useful. When someone was your friend they would show up in the chat box under "friends". As far as I know I guess its just to follow someone's questions and answers. Some people still send messages to each other. Some people just like to have a lot of "friends" lol.

• On an old account I've had a question deleted, it was about someone blocking me.

• Well I can only make assumptions, but perhaps it was because you stated their name and/or it caused arguments/drama. Also it could of possibly been seen as "antagonistic" but I don't know. There is nothing wrong with this question that I can see. However before I was a moderator on this site I asked a question about why people like to have friends just to have them and someone removed it too... again, I don't know hahaha.

What Guys Said 6

• Well I add people that usually ask interesting questions and informative answers, that way it's easier to keep up.

• Where do you even see this though? After I accept a friend request I don't ever see anything about them again.

• Click the Live Feed at the top right corner.

• I just want to follow some people's questions and answers. The only way is to friend request or follow.

I used to enjoy chatting when it was an option on the site, and rumor has it we'll have that option again soon.

• If you like the questions or answers that user asks and want to make it easier for you to quickly check their profile, just go to your friend list and click on them. No need to search for them by memorizing and typing in their name.

• You can send private messages and see what questions they ask/answer.

• I guess just to follow the questions they ask and see their answers.

• I don't know I don't really send out friend request. Pretty much all, if not all, of my "friends" on here were because the girl friend requested me. I never pay attention to what anyone on my "friends" list does anyways . . . so I don't really see the point. At least not now since there is no more IM chat.

What Girls Said 5

• I prefer having friends because in the Live Feed you can see what everyone is answering and stay on top of the fun questions, and see what the people you like are answering. Maybe they have some good advice that you didn't think you needed.

• Well some people talk to the friends they make here, I've developed close relations with a number of them here and exchanged email too.

• Many users make their profiles private, and also change their settings to make sure people NOT on their Friends' list can't send them private messages.

Adding friends puts their activity into your Friends & People I Know Live Feed - link

And if they are private, it allows you to then see their profiles or send them private messages.

• Okay well my profile is NOT on private yet a lot of people add me.

• Well, maybe they want to send you messages or follow your activity because they like what you have to say... could be anything.

• Well, you ask can your friends personally by sending a message to them in private. You got someone you can talk to.

• No clue. I only chat with one person on here.