Should I go on a date with someone on GAG?

This guy on here won't stop asking me out. We've Skyped before so I know he's who he says he is. He only lives an 8 hour drive from where I live. He seems like a goodhearted guy but I'm having doubts about going on a date with him.

Should I go on a date with someone on Gag ? Advice ?

Most Helpful Guy

• Your doubts are probably right, honestly he sounds a bit clingy... I'm pretty comfortable basing that on the fact he 'won't stop asking me out' and that he's offering to drive for 8 hours for a date. I mean there's nothing wrong with many of the people on GAG I'd probably date a few of them myself although I'd not have doubts about it.

What Guys Said 12

• Depends on how much you know eachother, and 8 hours is a long way, so really, you want him to make more of an effort towards seeing you instead of you driving to see him first, which is the safest bet, because you are in a place you are familiar with, and if all goes well, then yeah, you visit him, but really he should make that first effort, just to show he is genuine and into you like he says,x

• Are you even attracted to the guy?

• I think the fact that you're questioning it says something. Anyway, why would someone drive eight hours for a first date? I'm not one to judge at all, but still, it sounds a little fishy. Then again, maybe it's not? Just sounds like your instincts are trying to tell you something here.

• 8 hour drive? Why bother? Hell even 45 minutes is a long drive in my opinion.

• Lol He's offering to drive there.

• I wouldn't bother. He's probably just a crazy guy desperately wanting to hook up and will drive any distance to do so out of desperation.

• Seriously though! I'd have to be so incredibly interested in order to see a girl that lived even just one hour away, let alone eight.

• Your instincts are telling you something. Listen to them.

• I would suggest you do it, but I would tell the guy not to do it because 8 hours is a mighty far distance to see a girl. Or maybe, just maybe you can meet halfway so he doesn't have to drive the full 8 hours. This ma be romantic to a female though, but as a guy you are going to be seen as a wasteman. So instead of being a cockblocker like some people on this question, imma say GO FOR IT and have plenty of fun. Eat lots of food and make many jokes.

• My dear friend,always try to date a guy who lives nearby. Eight hours journey need fuel for car which costs money. Respect money!

• Eh I would trust your instincts here, and plus that's a long ass drive.

• I've met/date people off GAG. It wasn't so bad.

• Sure why not? Life is all about having fun and taking risks but just be careful and make sure people know where you are and have someone go with you two the first time you hang out.

• Haha, "only" lives an 8 hour drive" from you. Yeah, make an 8-hour trip to go on a date and then that's it. Sounds like a great plan

• Lol. He's offering to drive there. We like each other so who knows what might happen.

• I'll give you a hint and hopefully GAG doesn't mess it up :)

8=====D ()

• I personally wouldn't start dating anyone who lives that far away.

What Girls Said 5

• I say go for it, you might be surprsied how things turn out. Just makesure to

meet each other in a public place and don't do anything that doesn't feel

right to you. As far as doubts, it's always good to trust your gut. However,

sometimes doubts stem from fears of other things. So, do trust your gut.

But, at the sametime don't let an oppertunity to go on date with someone you

could pontentially having something with, go by. (I hope that made sense)

Also, I know a guys from here who were (or are) interested in me that live

in different sates (and some in other countries). So, 8hrs isn't that far lol.

But, I'm different. Because, I'd consider dating one those guys if it felt right.

Distance is just a minor inconvinence, in my opinion.

• Eight hours drive is a long drive, and he sounds a bit too pushy. Guess some people are desperate and in need for a good lay.

• hmm the quality of guys in GaG is questionable lol

Why can't you go out with someone who lives within your proximity? Your parents might be worried.

• I suppose that's no different than meeting someone on a dating site.

If you do go, I'd suggest meeting in public the first few times. Don't go anywhere with him alone... I'd say the same thing to him... that's just smart when you're talking about meeting a stranger from the internet world. Stay in public until you know each other a lot better :-)

• Life is about having fun. If you feel a strong connection to the guy, you should do it.