Why do you guys answer questions anomalously?

Why do you guys answer questions anomalously? For the guys who do.

Sorry for the misspelling
Personally I feel like if I would have to answer the question anonymously to answer it I shouldn't.

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't lol I answer them truthfully with my user name plastered right above same thing with asking them I really don't care much how people think of me I am who I am nothing will ever change that. Better to embrace yourself for who you are then to hide behind something.

What Guys Said 25

• If it's personal but I still want to share my story, I will go anonymous as to not have people look me up or such and such. I've done it a couple of times when I called out another person. Call it cowardly or whatever but some people need a slap in the face on this site sometimes lol.

My only issue I got with people being Anonymous is when the QA is Anonymous but they don't allow Anonymous answers, especially to sensitive subjects like religion, politics, etc. I understand if you want to be anonymous when you ask the question as to not get any backlash but it's kind of ironic (?) that they wouldn't allow other people to post anonymously. Some are really passionate about subjects but are afraid to post what they feel when they can't do it anonymously because of the potential backlash they could get.

• just depends, people from the internet might not know me, and it's probably a good thing, but if someone did then it would be bad. besides sometimes you just feel better answering or questioning

and besides that, people aren't afraid to give answers they really want to give when you ask anonymously. I have seen the difference in some people, they can get really harsh when answering a question if the question asker is anonymous. they usually tend to be a bit more forgiving or nice when the asker is showing their profile name

not everybody is like this, but some are

• I will only do so if I feel like it is something I wouldn't want a potential real life peer to know about should my account be discovered.

• I don't understand it either. I feel like I already have a considerable amount of anonymity, but maybe others feel differently? Maybe people don't want to answer certain questions openly if they have pics up of themselves (fearing they'd be recognized)?

• Generally because it's something personal that you wouldn't tell otherwise because you don't want "the public" to know it.

I can imagine people would not ask the question "are there any other sex addicts here" publicly.

Or even more delicate "people with HIV, do you have sex"?

Imagine you wouldn't do this anonymously, than you would get a sticker on your forehead!

• Anomalous: To be incongruous, weird, paradoxical, deviating from the normal.

Anonymous: Hidden, without identity, unknown.

I like to answer anonymously so that people don't know that it is actually me giving them such weird and anomalously funny answers ;)

• My dear friend,I do not know about others but as I am a counsellor I never hide my name.

• I normally don't.. But I noticed on this sight people do it when they wanna be rude,racist or too imbarrassed to show there username

• Guessing you meant anonymous. But I rarely answer anonymous, only when it is something personal to me that I rather people not know. Most of my questions are anonymous for that reason.

• So they don't get blocked by girls who are out for revenge to hate guys, or they are girls posing under the wrong gender profile ... And trust me I'm a guy I just don't have a web cam to post a pic of me otherwise I would

• so no one knows it's me.

• i do answer (Question too) anonymously sometimes because I think some of my answers/questions can hurt (even I don't want to hurt) the people here and they can react with bad words. ...

• Don't you just love the people who point out spelling mistakes even though it's beyond obvious what the word should have said lol

• Embarrassment, privacy are the two main reasons

• I don't. I mean: why should I?

• I didn't do that until a number of @ssh*les became abusive here but I 'd prefer to post under my name.

• I do always answer anon but when I don't, I do.

• i only do it for the special kind of people :)

• Because I'm a very private person, both in real life and fake life (online)

• In this case, because I think it's funny.

In other cases, sometimes the information feels like it'd give too much personal information away, or too much - or perhaps it's because some people don't want others judging the rest of what they say "non-anonymously" or because they want to give their opinion, and have a feeling that it won't be "popular."

• Why not? I don't understand why you have an issue with it.

• anom·a·lous·ly: marked by incongruity or contradiction.

I don't. I'm pretty consistent. Even when I'm anonymous. :-)

• In case someone recognizes my stories and figures out all my dirty secrets!

• Everyone's anonymous on here.

• Because we can :P

What Girls Said 3

• I'll do it if I feel compelled to divulge private information to sincerely help someone out.

I'm not obligated to share intimate pieces of myself here; I may choose to for the common good, but I don't have to. No one here is entitled to knowing who says what.

As long as the anonymous feature isn't being abused, I don't see the problem.

• Because most of us are "anomalous" anyway.

• OMG use spell check please ! Anonymous answers are to avoid haters pretty much.

• Well spell check wouldn't catch it, since anomalous is actually a word.