What do you think of the new GAG layout?

I'm a bit confused, hopefully like anything, I'll get used to it in time!

There's no more reality check which I'm kind of bummed about.

Most Helpful Guy

• i'm fine with it, but the topics could be reduced. I was a fan of increasing them but not doubling/tripling the number. The main change i wanted was a better blocking system which prevented people who blocked you from answering your questions. They've done that, so I feel more satisfied.

What Guys Said 11

• It seems pretty basic, but i'm not a huge fan... at the moment I keep hitting 'ask question' when trying to navigate to the recent question page. All the changes don't really do anything for me since none of the previous things they've 'fixed' were ever a problem for me. Plus it's too plain, there's a whole lot of white with very few boxes... I agree with whoever said it looks more like a powerpoint.

• They eliminated a LOT of great, original ideas
    because some software sharpies took big money
    and sold them eye candy
    with fewer options
    perhaps fewer management duites

• Agreed. It's going to take some time to get used to. I'm sure some things will be better, some will be worse.

• As if now, I don't like it! Whole friend thing is gone replaced with following. I also thought that they may add a IM feature like they used to have meebo. I got to meet some pretty cool people that way and became good friends.

• undecided. I kinda like look of it but still have to get used to navigating around

• This will take a lot of getting used to. I feel like there is a lot of empty space.

• do not like it. was a level 4 now im down to 2

• that happened to me too what the hell

• They recategorized the ranking system. So the ranges are now changed. If you were in x level you are now in y level a bit below that because the ranges increased.

• umm where is chat?

• It's awful. The old version is clearly much better. Anyone who says different is sucking up or out of their mind.

• Absolutely hate it; I have a little over 5000 xper points redeemable and was thinking to get that to 8000 so I would get $40 Amazon gift card - am thinking now to just cash that in and ditch the site

What Girls Said 9

• Personally, I like it. For me, it's easier to use but I understand that a lot of people are confused. It did take me a while to find everything but the FAQ page explains ALL of the new changes. I would highly recommend everyone take a look. It simplifies it all and makes it easy to see what's new, what changed, and where everything is:) http://www.girlsaskguys.com/faq

• Don't really care for it. I'm not even sure why they had to do such a drastic change. Was there really that many issues with it?

• Also, is it just me, or did the points earned for questions, comments, etc go down? I find it telling that the majority of points can be earned from sharing personal info. Info mining for advertisers much? :/

• No, earning points did not go down.
      Per our Xper tab on our FAQ, we now offer even more opportunities to earn Xpers, but you still get the same +3 for Opinions and +1 for Questions.

http://www.girlsaskguys.com/faq/xper

• I don't like it. I was a level 8, now I'm a 6 =/

• I like that they have more categories, they do, right?

But ya it's kinda confusing, I don't like how you can't filter questions by category anymore

• You can filter questions by Topic by going to Browse (top menu).
      After clicking on a Topic, it'll take to all of its questions and articles :-)

• I honestly liked the old layout a lot more.

• me no likey :/

confusing.

Ah I'll get use to it.

• not too fond of it lol but will get used to it

• Like you, I'm still getting used to it. So right now I'm just clicking everywhere haha.