So everything we state on GaG is a mere opinion eh? What do you think about that?

I don't know about you but I don't give opinions. Everything that flows from my fingers is nothing but absolute fact. Everything that originates in my brain is completely perfect in its design and flawless in its execution.

• I state opinions!
  • I state incontrovertible facts!
  • The QA is a parody of stubborn/arrogant people threatened by change!
I don't know how to rate questions now or even if it exists anymore. I ceremoniously rate my question 5 stars for it's utter and obvious perfection.

Most Helpful Guy

• I like that they're calling it an opinion because at the end of the day. That's what it is 99% of the time. A personal opinion. Their opinion may be backed up with facts, but at the end of the day, it's still an opinion response on something that might be factual.

What Girls Said 9

• Lol I may be in the minority but I like that they're calling it "opinions" now. At first, I didn't know what they meant but I like it because obviously not everyone here are experts on everything. Many of the "answers" given here ARE just opinions.

• I think it should have had a name better than opinion. Maybe like individual thoughts or something everyone is different and terming it as an opinion kind of makes the advice you give lose some of its worth

• Talk about trying to be more PC...

• What ever do you mean?

• Right? It's like "environmental technincian" is really "janitor." Changing titles/names for PC/superficial reasons is kinda lol worthy. Whatever they want to do...

• Also, may it be noted that whenever there's discussions/QA in regard to anything, people start throwing around "opinion" when it's something that they don't want to hear. "Well that's YOUR opinion." ORLY?

• Well, that is what our answers always were - our opinions.

• I always thought people's answers were their opinions 95% of the time. We all view things differently anyway. So GAG calling my responses opinions now makes no difference to me.

• I don't always type my opinion (and that is a fact).

• It's all good as long as it's not stupidity. lol :D

• I try my best to deal in facts but sometimes personal opinion pops in every now and then

• Hahahaha!
    There are definitely some questions here that ask for facts, but almost everything asks for opinions... "Should I do this?" "Yes" - not really a fact, although I know many people who claim it is, hahahaha

What Guys Said 9

• I don't think much will change, for me most answers were always just opinions... Plus i've already posted at least two 'opinions' that people have taken a disliking to. Kind of defeats the purpose of having an opinion if you ask me. I mean it's good the distinction has been made, but people still respond like everything is a set in stone ruling.

• They were always opinions. I think that the peopole who provide facts will have to back up their thoughts with citations to be taken seriously

• I am inclined to agree with you however if what we say ever contradicts one another I will in fact be the one who is right because if you attempt to argue with me - I will eat you. And I can do that because I am a bear.

• I've always thought the greatest way to win a debate was to dispose of the competition as well! You seem to be a worthy adversary.. I'll keep a close eye on you..

• Just a heads up - there are no more question ratings :-)

• Well that would explain things wouldn't it

• I also state absolute facts. I never argue, I simply explain why I'm right.

• We should form a club of always right people.

• GaG is about emotions etc, such things are not mathematical truths and are merely your opinions. Absolute facts and GaG are not comfortable bedfellows, if I may put it that way.

• PS - The answer is C, u guys

• LOL I don't think most people make it that far...

• Ah well... Poe's Law and all that... no way to parody extremism without some people taking it as genuine extremism... since, extremism by it's definition, is extreme.

• The female users never cared about the facts, anyways.

It's a fitting change.

• lol at the downvotes...

• Pfft, I upvoted. I dislike it when women get mad because they don't hear what they want to hear in advice. It's self destructive, haha. The truth hurts, but it benefits you much better on the long term scale.

• candlewax: Thank you. My tone was sharp, but my point stands. Glad you got it.

• This will help recalibrate people into the proper mindset. Most of what comes out of peoples mouths on here is opinion anyways