The new version comes packed up with new Xper points rewards! What do you think about that?

In case you did not notice, GAG is offering new Xper points rewards. For example, the QA will be rewarded 5 points once he/she selects the most helpful opinion (known as best answer in the old version).

Please check out the new Xper rewards in the following link http://www.girlsaskguys.com/faq/xper by clicking on "How can I earn Xper points".

What do you think? Do you like the new rewards? Is there a new idea you'd like to add?

P. S. FAQ is very useful. It contains the answers you're looking for regarding the new GAG.

• I'm loving the new Xper points rewards.
  • I don't like them.
  • Meh. It doesn't matter to me.

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes! I saw that in the FAQ earlier and I think it's awesome! There are so many more ways to get xper points now.

• Yup! :) Which one is your favorite?

• Thanks for MH! :)

What Guys Said 24

• I voted 'C' cause points never mattered to me or being downgraded from Level 10 to 9 didn't either.

I was actually about to post a question to everyone on GAG if they should be giving out BAs to all their questions as a celebratory thing for the new version of GAG while I was planning to do so myself for the same reason but I encountered an answerer in one of my questions who highlighted to me that GAG is giving points to the QA when they award a BA / MH. Though now when I do award BA/MH it will sound self serving, I'll do it anyway cause I'm not doing it for the points. It's something that's always been on my mind but guess either I was lazy or find it difficult to decide or both :D

• I like the idea, hopefully it doesn't get abused... A lot of it is irrelevant to me, there are just something I will never do so it makes no difference to me if I could earn XP or not doing it. I know it's also supposed to encourage people to do some things like best answer, or answering questions and doing it promptly... at the same time i'll always work the same way I have on this site. I'm not going out of my way to earn points etc... and I don't want to answer every single question I don't think I could cope mentally with it at times.

• Sure there are so many newer ways to earn Xpers but still they are lower if you want to reach the "GURU" or "MASTER" status early compared to the older site because the Xper requirements are higher to get that level and most of the users won't use all of those features for getting additional Xpers in my opinion (e. g.- connect to Facebook , like on Facebook , etc.)

So, you have to be more active on the site compared to before.
    It's a similar to situation in buisness market, "The prices went high but the salary is still low" lol

• I honestly can't make up my mind on this one. Only thing I kinda dislike is that you lose xper if you don't log in after some time. I liked the reward option better for trying to log in everyday.
    As for the site, I see so much white i'm even starting to see white around me in my daily life as well.
    Whitey's everywhere @_@

• ooh, where are the up vote and down vote options? Did that option get shelved?

• Hi ketfoen!

The up and down vote options for opinions are right below each opinion: you have to click on the up or down grey arrows. When you do, you get to see how many up-votes or down-votes that opinion has already recieved per gender, but you don't see previous votes before you vote yourself.

Regarding the Xper points, you do get a +10 points reward for login per day. http://www.girlsaskguys.com/faq/xper

Check http://www.girlsaskguys.com/faq if you have any other doubts or let me know:)

• Yeah, I later found out that the up or down vote was available. The grey arrows weren't that visible on my screen, due to the white background and my monitor's brightness. +10 if you log in daily, nice. Understandable why it's fair if you subtract points if you don't log in. From now, on i'll try to read the FAQ better, before I start complaining.

• I could pack my butt with Xper point rewards but I'd be hard-pressed to find anyone who wanted to spend any time there. ;-)

• You're so obsessed with your butt and what comes out of it, Palek! :D

• ... for you to find something to laugh about?

• Could be. It's the best reason I've found at any rate!

• Sweet. I know quite a few users, including myself, were tired of people not selecting best answer/most helpful so I hope this encourages people to do so now. :)

• Hey, I recently mentioned that idea on here. So naturally, I'm taking all the credit for it. ;)

• I do like that you now get extra xper for having plenty of opinions on your questions. I would have close to a hundred more xper points right now if that was always the case.
    Can anyone tell me what exactly this means though? ~~~~Question gets more than 10 opinions +10 (we will check to see if duplicate accounts, which will be cancelled)

• If your questions gets more than 10 opinions, we'll award you 10 more Xper points.
      The other part is to make sure people know not to create duplicate accounts to share on their questions to get more points. We WILL catch that and things like that can even result in the removal of accounts, if continued.

• The duplicate account will also be cancelled right there on the spot. But continued behavior like that can result in the removal of ALL of your accounts.

I hope that helps :-)

• One or another way, we all like to "win" and so getting points feels good, doesn't it :-)
    You have points so I want MORE haha...

• I do like the fact there are more ways to earn points but HOLY CRAP increasing the levels as far as it was done is kind of ridiculous to me

• I like the new rewards, ESPECIALLY the TGI Friday 's one.

It's just sat that I'll have to work up to guru again. :P

• Still trying to get my head round the new layout of the page, good but change is baffling to me sometimes lok

• More rewards are always good.

• So all I have to do is go into the "No Opinion" section and type in "Woo Hoo!! First opinion!" and I get points?

Ya well. Its been a slice. But I think it's time for me to go to the No Opini. uh. bed. ya it's time for me to go to bed.

:-)

• Hey, yippee. bfd.
    Oh, wait, was that an opinion or an answer? I'm so confused.

• More rewards. Nice.

• There's NO AMOUNT of points that can sugar coat this AWFUL new version

• I don't like it, but hey thanks for a challenge GAG! I'm in it to win it... So tell me how you've been feeling lately?

• Old GAG'm more like

• My Xper hasn't even updated since the upgrade!

• Me neither. It's understandable though. I'm sure the admins are working hard to get everything done :)

• When you go to your profile and click My Xper, it says 0 for yesterday, last 7 days, etc?

• Not anymore, I sent a message to support and I believe they fixed it because my xper is updating again.

• I like some of them. I don't really have many questions, and it seems like you can earn much more if you ask them.

• good stuff

• Cool beans

What Girls Said 14

• It's beyond hot to me.
    I am definitely adjusting :)

• I like the new ways to earn points. They're definitely helpful especially since the amount of points needed for each (or just a few?) level increased.

• Thanks for the link :)

• Definitely lovin it =)

• On the topic of xper points... Have you got your xpers since the site changed?

• You haven't seen an Xper increase at all since before the launch? When you go to your profile and click My Xper, it says 0 for yesterday, last 7 days, etc?

• up until the time when I wrote the comment, yes, everything was 0. But now it has been accounted for

• I love the new Xper reward system because I get a little more points for everything I'm more willing to answer now aha

• love it :)

• This is definitely one if the changes I appreciate on GAG.

• It's better I guess. :)

• I liked the old layout better. In my opinion is was more user friendly. I have yet to check out the mobile version so, I have no idea what it looks like. I grateful for the points but I the penalties are higher too.

• I fully agree with you, the window dressing of the new site is not practical. On the old one you would see, on one scrreen, your profile on the right side and questions on the left side. That was practical. The new site is 60% inferior. With one important advantage: it seems to be very stable. No single crash or low performance yest.

• It's very cool

• I still don't like this new format because I See less on each page. I preferred the other layout because it was easier to see and find stuff.

• C, because the old layout was way better in my opinion. The new version doesn't completely suck or anything I just think the new changes aren't all that.

• Yeah its a good idea

• Everything looks about the same in that section to me..