All answers are called 'opinions' on the new GaG. So, which is better? 'Answers' vs 'Opinions'!?

The questions basically says it all.

I especially don't like the sound of the 'no opinions' category vs the 'unanswered' category. I think 'answer' just generally sounds better.

What do you think?

• 'Opinions' is just fine!
  • 'Answers' just sounds better!

Most Helpful Guy

• All 'opinions' are 'answers', but actually not all 'answers' are 'opinions'. I think the 'opinion' label is therefore inaccurate. If someone were to ask "What is 1 + 1?", it wouldn't be merely my 'opinion' that the answer is '2'.

What Girls Said 5

• I feel like 'answers' makes it sound more helpful. 'Opinions' sounds more obtrusive and unsolicited.

• Not everything is an opinion, but everything IS an answer. Correct, incorrect, honest, a lie, smart, or stupid... It is an answer non the less.
    But there are some questions that you can give an answer to, but not an opinion. Questions that ask for facts. So it's silly to use the word "opinion" instead of "answer" on this site.

• I like opinions better. After all, they are opinions, most aren't exactly answers to what was asked...

• Answers over Opinions.

• I liked answers better but then again, here are a lot of things about the other version that I preferred.

What Guys Said 5

• In a way, I think Opinions suits this site more, because more often than not, the questions are something which can only be answered by an opinion and as such when they are called "opinions" from the start it's evidently clear that the answers can be highly subjective.

But if a question asks about something which can be answered with facts or the answers can be supported by facts, them being called "opinions" can be give the false impression that the facts presented are not facts at all, but rather individual speculation and the like.

All and all, I'm indifferent, but if I had to choose, I'd take the "Answers" over the "Opinions".

• In my opinion I think "Response" is the better way of answering this. ;-p

But seriously. I think "Response" is a better fit.

:-)

• well if a person is going to ask a question then naturally there needs to be an answer to that question. this not a philosophy and opinion website

• Opinions is fine, not that it makes a huge difference...

• Its synonymous here for the most part, people usually don't ask the types of questions that would be answered objectively.