Is the new GAG too politically correct?

I see what theyre trying to do. But I think they were too busy trying not to step on peoples toes instead of giving it all they got to make a good website. For example the change from answers to opinions. Sometimes I dont give my opinion sometimes I state facts how does that work? And the change from best answer to most helpful answer. Might be small things but they do make a difference. What do you guys think

Most Helpful Guy

• We want everyone to share their opinions and let the asker decide whether any one of the opinions were helpful or not. We wanted to call them "opinions" because these are in fact different perspectives coming from our members. Opinions may be stemming from facts, such as science or history, but at the end facts are conveyed with our own interpretation, unless we are copy pasting from wikipedia, or any other encyclopedia. And this is my opinion about how facts are being conveyed :)
    This is a great discussion indeed. Thanks for bringing it up.

• Name one other question and opinion site. GirlsaskGuys WAS classified as a question and answer site

• GirlsAskGuys has always and will always be an advice site, a place people can turn to when they want advice on dating, relationships, family, life. In that respect, it is different from other Q&A sites, and we want to bring something new and different to the table.

• You guys were different from other Q&A sites. But now its not even that. Im not sure what to all it anymore

What Girls Said 9

• I don't really see why it matters. Most answers on here are opinion based anyway they're just more accurate to the nature of the site.

• I agree. I noticed these things too which left me saying "what the fuck?" They still have "Ask A Question" instead of "Ask For Advice" yet they changed Answers to opinions. Asking for advice is a question, which in turn is answered. It is just the more "acceptable" and PC approach to "modernize" the site.

• I don`t really care one way or the other. But most are opinions instead so I guess it is technically more correct to call it opinion than answer.

• The only thing that still bugs me is the whole pink and blue setting. I mean, even though I'm a girl, I don't like pink, and I for one do NOT like to be associated with the color pink, because I don't have your typical "pink" personality.

Pink is associated with little girls.

I'd like it better if it were red instead of pink. We're all old enough to get out of the "pink" zone here. Most users are over 18, so red would be the more mature, more adult color.

Or better yet, let us pick the colors of our usernames.

It might be a small thing, but I REALLY don't like being given the color pink just cause I'm female.

• yes in a way its true, but its better. That way for the ones that like answering pretty blunt (like me) we can defend ourselves with "MY OPINION so go screw yourself"
    As for more helpful opinion maybe it could be most liked opinion.
    Sometimes I pick as BA answers that just make me laugh so.

• I will get used to the changes that I dislike so far, and I really appreciate the changes that I think are an improvement (like the answers being side by side now).

But what really bugs me, is that you still have NOT BROUGHT BACK AN INSTANT MESSENGER! Why? Can you at leats finally tell us why this one feature is so out of th question for you guys while you're willing to do all these other changes to the site?

• And as usual, I get no reply by an admin. They very obviously avoid the topic of instant messaging.

• I feel that later, GaG will develop an app for both iOS and Android, the app will most likely have live notifications, making the chat more "instant".

• Well that's great for the ones who use GaG on smart phones, I guess. Won't change anything for me though...

• Its different but I think we could all get used to it, or who knows? They might switch those tiny things back...

• It takes a long while to get used to.

• GAG really is more about sharing opinions than it is about stating facts. People ask for advice, not stats. Changing that to opinions is not a big deal and I don't see it as pc either. It's accurate.

What Guys Said 7

• I think that those changes are absolutely fine. Most of the time we are all giving our own personal opinions anyway. On that odd occasion we do give factual advice we can easily cite our credible resource. I think that it is good to remind the user that answers must be taken with a grain of salt. The change from BA to MH is also to avoid confusion. It explicitly lets everyone know that the OP has made a personal decision is most helpful to them self and GAG at large. Having a "best Opinion" wouldn't have made much sense anyway

GAG has become more PC, but not too PC in my opinion

• The colours are bothering me too. And the old layout provided a better overview, with you profile info to the right and questions to the left of the homepage.
    The site itself is fine and I didn't experience any technical issue so far...
    So I'm not really unhappy. But not extremely happy either :-)

• Questions are usually responded to with answers.

• I see what you're saying and sometimes have thought the same myself, but in the end, none of those are functional changes. The site still works the same as in the past, it's just a slight cosmetic change.

If anything, I've concluded that it's just me being picky that they changed something so miniscule lol.

• Totally agree with you. The PC stuff makes me cringe.

• It was a change that I didn't think was necessary, but it's here.

• As far as the site, no. The people on here and their opinions? Yes.