How much do you hate the new GAG?

Does it feel like GAG took a step backwards and made everything TOO complicated and difficult? for not reason other than change? fml. I hate the new site.. this is so stupid!

I don't think it's complex at all but rather, a step backwards lol.. why the heck would they make something simple more complex? As if I don't waste enough time on this site.. now I have to scroll through a ridiculous amount of topics and so on..

Most Helpful Guy

What Guys Said 22

• Meh it doesn't bother me... why does everyone say it's complicated? It's basically the same, took me a second to notice that they've named a few things slightly different but that's it. Plus the amount of people who were complaining that the site hadn't changed and it needed this and that was just as full on as this so I fail to see the issue. Like yeah it'll take a while for me to get used to how it looks, but it's no big issue. I personally feel like it's been watered down, only reason it seems awkward to navigate is because you were used to the old system.

• While the format changed, the users remained the same. They're still retarded for the most part. It's overwhelming, but not complicated.

• That's still down to just navigating the site, no need to take it so seriously...

• I'm sorry Jonny but I'm pssed that people keep saying "It's not complicated" OR "I have it down now.." .. as if that's why i said I hate it.. I don't hate it because of those reasons.. I hate it because it took a step back.. Plain and simple. It IS more time consuming now and that's not progress in my opinion.. that's retardation.

• The new layout will take some getting used to. My biggest complaint is that the topics are too expansive. It was better with the old categories, with one all-encompassing "other" category for the random stuff. I don't like the space limits on the messaging either. The lay out is whatever, I just hope they'll scale back with the new over-specializing of categories. It's kind of a project to browse the site now. K. I. S. S. -- Keep It Simple, Stupid. I was joking that it reminds me of Wayne's World when the network bought the show and over-polished it, when it was really better before.

• I'm not a fan - it's too similar to the tiled look of Metro / Windows 8.
    Also, I don't like the way they lost all the up/down votes on old questions/answers.
    I liked being able to go through my old questions and see which garnered the most responses, and which of my answers had a high number of agreements or disagreements.

• I AGREE
    they bought a pig in a poke
    now all they can do is put lipstick on it
    and send haters to comment on critics

• i don't think it took a step backward. in my opinion it's a lot more modernized. There are a few things i would change, sure... but if I could never prefer old GaG over this. People have a weird nostalgia for things sometimes, but honestly I never had a connection to anything on the old layout that would make me miss it being gone. The few people that I enjoy are why I still use the site. i've taken the time to read all the changes, and honestly I find the navigation quite easy

• Some things are OK but I feel like things are more drawn out and a waste of my time.. things were just fine the way they were before and I'm all for change but this doesn't feel like progress to me..

• I appreciate* they* if not all together*

• I think that may be my biggest complaint... the number of topics.. I used to go from topic to topic seeing what was new but now it takes too long and I don't like that. .. If they could go back to a smaller amount of topics that would be great...

• It's not terrible, but it is still the first day, and they are fixing errors and working through stuff. sometimes you don't find problems until more people use it and complain. so maybe they will make it better in a few days or weeks. I think that humans just hate change because they hate learning new things for stuff that doesn't matter as much in their life as other things do.

• If you read any of my other comments you would see that I SAID I LOVE CHANGE.. and would not mind GAG improving.. I just don't like GAG becoming more time consuming for no reason? There is a difference between change for the better and change for the worse. Thanks for your thoughts!

• A lot. The only real thing I'm ok with is that people can use it on their mobile phones. They should have just made the old site mobile compatible.

• I like it. It just needs a little refinement, and maybe a couple of really cool, new features to set the new site apart from the old...

• If they simplified the topics.. I might still use the site sometimes, but eve then.. it's not improved in my opinion. Thanks for your thoughts.

• I hope they fix these issues.

• I'm confident that they'll get it right. :)

• I don't hate it at all, yes it's not perfect, but what is, especially something new at first. In the end I like it, there are somethings I need to get used to though, but a lot that I do like.

• I hate it. Thanks for your answer though <3

• I love it as much as much as I love eating cactus. If you don't see some of your friends on here for awhile, is coz they haven't figured out how to crack the sign in yet.

• I thought improving meant simplifying lol.. not taking 10 steps back into "complication island" ugh.. this is so dumb i fckin hate it...

• I miss the old anonymous pictures. :(

But on a more serious note, I find it very confusing and frustrating to navigate. But I'm sure I will get better with it in due time.

• I can navigate just fine but even still, it's way more time consuming.. whether you can navigate it like a pro or not.

• Yeah I totally agree. Another thing I don't like is how many needless topics they added. I guess too many users on this site complained that there wasn't enough section because they're dummies who confused a dating advice website with a political forum. Now that we have all these topics, we are going to lure all the crazies from every corner of the interwebs

• I know right.. I'm mad as heck! >:( I was mad at how much time I wasted on this site before.. lmao, NOW.. I'm down right livid!!

• I actually like it, it will take getting used to. However I like what I see.

• I hope they change it back. This doesn't feel as fun.. I feel like I'm working.. not relaxing on a FUN Q&A site anymore :((

• Yeah, it sucks. The old farmstead was much better.

• i dont hate it... new is cool... will take adjusting to however.

• I love new.. prefer it to old.. but not at the cost of simplicity.. this is too complicated for no reason, lol.. just saying..

• I was 1000 points away from level 10! Now I've got a long way to go :-(

• I hate change

• I'll second and third that >:/

• I guess you got to let it grow on you. It's alright in my book.

• It's a pain in my az and I think it's just the kick in the butt I needed to stop wasting so much time on this crap site..

• I don't like it either, I had to create a new account, they suspend my old account.

• I think I'm going to take a month off and come back.. if they get their acts together I'll keep my account.. if not.. I'm done. This is total BS.

• The new GAG is awfull.

• YES. I hope they change it back..

• I don't hate it but I definitely think it'll take some getting used to. I was on the original one when it first debuted and it really hadn't made all that much of changes since then. I'm glad they added a few things and changed it around a little. It was time

• I think they have a lot of work to do on the new "improved" site lol.. Just me though. This HAS to be a work in progress? I hope so anyway..

• You'll get used to it

• Also, I'm glad a lot of the guru's are no longer guru's and admins. There are some who didn't deserve that title

• I don't hate it. It will take time to adjust to, but I do like how much faster it is. I, personally, don't have too much of a problem navigating around. At first I was confused and a bit overwhelmed, but now. . . I find it rather nice. Still not perfect, and parts of me still wants the old one back, but I'm going to embrace this change rather than fighting it.

• Faster? this comment is too short so i now have to wast 10 more seconds of my life writing a filler fckin BS...

• I still have the loading delay but I don't know.

• Hmm... That sucks. There are several things I would change that I would like back, like character limits in PM's. I do think the number of topics is too much, but I rarely ever use those. I mainly use the most recent instead of a specific topic. So, that change doesn't really bother me. I haven't asked a question yet so I don't know if I would like that or hate it. I do wish we could edit our comments and our opinions. Especially since there's no more "are you sure" step like the old one.

• Yeah, not a big fan of how it's structured now. It feels more cluttered. I don't like cluttered.

• I know right.. lol.. I hate the layout.. I'm all for new and improved but this is new and more complicated for no reason..

What Girls Said 14

• I mean, in general I'm totally fine with it. I do agree with most people though that the topics are too much and the layout and navigation are really shittily different so I don't like those. I did honestly like the old layout, etc. more but do I absolutely hate and refuse to use the site anymore? Not at all. There are things I'm not loving and I commented on the question the admins (?) question about our opinions. Hopefully they'll listen to the constructive things we've said. And considering most people aren't happy with those things, something will change.

• I hope they change things too.

• The old site was a lot easier to navigate. It's weird getting used to where to go for my messages and understanding what happened on my past answers/questions. It was better having it all right there when you sign in. It's just an awkward and confusing layout. I do like the additional topics, but don't understand what I gain from "following" them, and it would have been nice if they'd be listed above like before, but maybe in a drop-down menu.

• That's what I'm saying.. I hope this is just "limbo" while they work on an improved GAG..

• @sparrow24.. I'm not sure what that means :< and I don't really care.. I want the old GAG WAAAHH!

• Lol.. just kidding.. but really, I have no idea what you mean by that last comment..

• The new format and just everything about this sucks... I probably won't be getting on as much now... I'm super disappointed and not impressed.

• PREACH. COMMENT TOO MOTHA FCKIN SHORT.. SON OF A BTCH!

• Give it a chance.

My first night using it, I didn't like it at all either..

But it started to grow on me as I learned how to use it again.

• Was it up last night?

• it's complicated for complications sake.. really? is this what they thought would improve the site? lmao..

• I know how to use it, but I hate it still. Just me though. ugh.

• HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE. It's too white and bright and hurts my eyes too. My guru status is gone. The topics are retarded

• YES! (COMMENT IS TOO SHORT FCK)!

• Don't blame you.

• I understand how you feel. It's quite irritating to the eyes especially if the monitor is bright.

I hope the designers will help you out on this.

• Oh no I am still trying to adapt myself with this new site. It seems complicated but maybe everyone will like it soon. Who knows :O

• I've adapted withing 10 minutes but that's just too fricking long in my opininon. I had the old site down within 2 minutes and it was MUUUCCCHHH more user friendly. Thanks for your thoughts. I still hate this new layout.

• Same here. The layout thing isn't very cool. I think I like the idea of the new classification for every categories.

• I was a guru !
    But to be serious now I like how I can use my phone now way better.
    And I used my laptop earlier and it looks so good!

• Glad it's working for someone :< not so much for me though! Thanks for your thoughts!

• I LOVE CHANGE. I LOVE CHANGE. I LOVE CHANGE..
      I DO NOT LOVE CHANGE FOR CHANGE'S SAKE though lol..
      If change means a site like this becomes more time consuming.. it's no longer worth it... I LOVE CHANGE THAT IMPROVES THINGS..

• I guess time will tell how this turns out to be.

• Sooo much nonesense added it doesn't even work well with the opera mini browser which is what I used with GAG previously. Its soo many uneccesary stuff! Not liking it @ all

• by the way what do people mean with they can now use it on their mobile phones. I've always been using GAG on my mobile phone before the upgrade. I would have prefered more gradual changes & not so much at once. Like FB it changes from time to time but not so drastic at once.

• XD I'm mad because My Guru Status is gone

• haha :p how lovely!!! :p

• They had some thing simple that worked good just needed a few tweeks. As for wasting to much time here I'm with you on that one. lol haha

• Lol I feel the same QA

• I agree with you. I miss the old site, and preferred it to this.

• I was also a Guru and I am NOT a guru anymore. How disappointing...

• Indeed.. this is more complicated for no reason? I like new.. not complicated and time consuming..

• I concur. A pity it is.

• I don't like it too much

• Me neither.

• I understand how you feel. If you can point out to the admin what you don't like about it while stressing the strong points of it, perhaps they will put your suggestions on the board for the next GAG experience release.

• How do we do that & who are the admin?

• I'm kind of annoyed that my points are gone :/