Is it me or does it seem the only ones who really like the new site are moderators?

Sure there may be a few non mods who like it, but it seems most of the people who do are mods.

Whats the deal with that? did GAG admin put you up to this?

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 10

• Did the GAG Admins put us up to... what, exactly?

I don't hate it, but I don't love it either... right now I'm somewhere in the middle.
    This has been a long time coming, I think maybe we weren't expecting such a huge overhaul but still.

Being a Mod doesn't have much to do with liking it, except that maybe certain Mods have been here longer or are more active than most, so maybe they're glad to see some changes and improvements around the site. I know I'm really glad to see how much they improved the messaging system. Although there are plenty of features I miss that were changed or just removed completely... I don't know like I said I'm still kind of neutral about how I feel about most of it.

And it's still only the first day of these new changes... who knows, maybe it won't take too long for us to get accustomed to everything. Whether you like the site or not, there's not really much you can do about it. If you're having issues you could always message the Admins to let them know about suggestions or any problems you're having.
    http://www.girlsaskguys.com/contact

• There's no obligation for any mods to like the new layout. We are just as free as anyone else to have our own opinion. I happen to like it a lot, but I do know some mod's don't.

• Mods are not obligated to like the site. I've seen moderators who like the changes and others who don't. Personally, there are some things I like and other things that I definitely do not like.

• I love it! I think it looks so much more modern and professional, the last website looked like something a 14 year old built in 2000.

• I think this is too much. I'm lost and beyond confused. I don't have a computer and just use my phone. So maybe on a larger screen it would make more since but for now I'm really not liking the layout.

• haha well, I am a mod and I don't like it yet? We don't have any obligations to like it.
    I think it has some good uses! I just haven't found them yet! lol!

• You are probably right. I'm indiferent except for the fact that my expert level is gone , that down right pisses me the fuck off

• You're less than 1500 points from the next level. I think you'll live.

• come on girl... its a website...

• I know , the only good thing is i can skip the does he likes me questions

• This website sucks now. I miss the categories.. now all we have is this stupid browse thing or a live feed to see whose commenting on what etc. It's annoying and this website used to be fun but I definitely won't be getting on much anymore..

• I understand how you feel with the new GAG experience.

We can better improve this new GAG experience if we can show to the GAG designers what the strong points of their new GAG layout works for you, instead of condemning their work as a whole.

The GAG designers will soon change the layout in the near future to accommodate the different tastes of the community :)

I hope you can enjoy this new layout at the moment, since it will be changed soon enough.

• Exactly how I feel :/

• just going to take some time to get used to! just bare with it loves!

• It's totally different from the old site, I guess everyone needs to get used to the new layout, It's nice that the site also has a phone version.

• I don't like it. I have to work twice as hard on a site that is supposed to be fun. This is more time consuming and stupid. Change it back or I'll stop using the site. MY OPINION.

• I understand how you feel, Miss Anonymous.
      It's really quite hard, and it takes a while to get used to the site.

But, this is only the start of a new beginning towards the perfection of this site. If you can point out to the admin the strong points of the new layout while stressing the bad points, you can help them improve this to a more friendly-user site.

Rest assured, they will be improving this site for the better.

What Guys Said 7

• The fact is most users were crying out for change beforehand, now that they've got it they're all complaining it's not like the old site... It's not admins fault that they can't please everyone. The mods seem to like it more because some of them have already Beta tested it and they're used to it, most people complaining have spent a couple seconds trying to use the site since the switch.

• It's astounding at how many people 'hate' this site. I use the quotations because I know a lot of them are just looking for attention. Ironically, a lot of these users were BEGGING for a change before the overhaul. Hypocrites.

I like the site. I like and embrace change. I can get tired of the same thing after a while so this was definitely a welcoming change. Yes, it's tough to navigate but like with anything new, that's going to be the case. I'm sure as time will go on, a lot of people will get accustomed to it. Some will leave the site, which in my opinion, good riddance because the less trolls/pessimists, the better.

Your last sentence made me laugh though.

• i'm not going to hate it to be trendy, or for the sake of hating it because its not the old GAG. I've stated a list of problems that I have with the site, particularly the number of topics. But beyond that, this "update" is nothing more than a facelift to me, as little has really changed. I was one of the people who wanted the old GaG to die, because it looked like something from the early 2000's. So now that the change is here, i don't feel the need to roll back the clock. I don't have nostalgia or sentimental value for things like layouts and icons. Any nostalgia I have for the old site was for the old users. Certain people in the community are what keep me interested in GaG, not buttons/sidebars. As long as the core function/purpose of GaG stays in tact (which is to provide a medium for the sexes to learn more about each other in a Q/A format) I'm fine. I've historically never been a tough person to please with things such as this, especially when I'm not paying for it.

• It's just you. It will take you a while to get used to it just like everyone else. I'm used to it and I like it. If you keep using it you'll feel more and more comfortable with it. Just give it some time.

• " did GAG admin put you up to this? " It was definitely an inside job. They probably even have anonymous moderators trying to boost public morale by posting opinions on how great the new GAG is. Its a conspiracy I tell you, A conspiracy!

• you are grounded from the internetz!

• I understand how you feel with this conspiracy. It definitely seems so since the moderators are "close" to the admin and they are just doing what they can to support the community.

But the moderators are the mediators to the admin, and they are the voice of us, average users. Let's spread peace instead of condemnation.

• New format blows.

• I hate it. Could have just made it look better without changing all of the features.