Will GaG consider going back to the old format?

I really really hate this. I can't believe you guys spent time and money doing this. It was so unnecessary. If it isn't broke, don't fix it.

Most Helpful Girl

• They probably won't, because so many users kept begging for an upgrade. But I wish that it was laid out a bit better. Maybe there are still kinks to be worked out...

What Girls Said 5

• Gosh I know what you mean. Now it looks messy, stale and boring... and even though I've been browsing for a good 20 minutes, I still can't get used to it nor find anything.

• I really hope they switch back. This format sucks. :(

• I don't think so. They may modify it to be similar to the old gag we all know and love, but it looks like it was a sizeable investment and it would be too much of a money loss to pay for a new site and not use it.

• nope they won't and not all the features are bad

• Eh, this is awful. Another administration fuck up! Go figure, and NO they will not change it back.

• I highly doubt that.

What Guys Said 10

• I understand how you feel. The new one is hard to use considering that the GAG admin didn't survey the users on what features, layout, etc. they want in the new GAG experience.

But, nevertheless, we need to change how we do things once in a while. People thrive on change, and not on comfort. Change also stimulate our thinking, and helps improve cognitive ability.
    Also, the GAG designers didn't change the layout out of their whims. They spent hours researching on what they "think" will the current users like. They had sleepless nights just to come up with this new layout, and hoping that the masses will like it. They just wanted for more fun and interaction in the community and this is the best they can come up at the moment. I bet you had some disappointment as well when you know you did your best on a particular activity but your work was met with rage or disdain by many. Let's consider they are also people who have emotions, and will strive for the betterment of the community when you meet their works with sincere praises, instead of condemnation.

This change is temporary, and soon, GAG will change its layout/features in the near future to further accommodate the different tastes of the community.

I hope you can enjoy this experience at this moment. It only comes once in your lifetime.

• GAG totally fucked it up. I don't mind change if it's for the better, but I see no improvement. Navigation is an absolute pain in the ass, especially on mobile. Hear that GAG? I've already sent you one message about that and I'm saying it again. NAVIGATION SUCKS ON MOBILE. And screen real estate sucks too. Shit, we can't even reread the question as we "opinionate" on mobile.

So fuck it, I'm quitting. Nit because it's just different, but because it's WAY too goddam difficult and time consuming.

• Ah, Bruno. Always gotta be pessimistic. It's ugly brother.

People are going to complain regardless. Just look at how many were complaining that the new site wasn't up yet. Now, people are complaining about the new site. Funny thing is, I know some of the people who complained about both. Hypocrites just trying to start stuff.

Will GaG go back? 99% sure they won't Like you said, they spent a lot of time and money investing into this new site so why would they revert back?

Change is a good thing. I don't see why people are upset about it. You don't like, there's other sites on the web you can troll, I mean use. With that negativity and not supporting the site no matter what, no one wants that kind of person on the site.

• Who complained about the new site taking too long to come out? I never saw that.

• Quite a few actually. I'm not sure if you can search for old questions but there were quiet a few in the Other section in the last month/month and a half.

• quite* 2shorttherapper

• I don't expect them to return to the old format.
    I had hoped for a few html possibilities
    We lost the possiblity to reread an answer and it seems we lost the speil control too (I made an error in 'spell', to verify it now)
    Do icons work? :-(

• I dislike new format as well. Why every goddamn website has to change it's look once in a while if old one is just perfect? Look at YouTube: always add some crap to the point where users wish they would just leave YouTube alone.

They could have added all these new features (although I don't see any at the moment) without changing interface.
    But as always, nobody but users will care.

• I agree. I was really looking forward to the new version, but this is going to take some getting used to. I do like that they removed the question rating. That was one feature i didn't really care for

• i can't find anything. i'm so lost on this new site. it's not enjoyable at all!

• no. no they won't.

if you don't like it, go outside. nature is beautiful.

lol.

• I wish they would but whatever. I won't be here much anymore now