Does the new Gag make you answer less questions?

I feel like they've oversimplified it, the questions are too large in the lists, it seems harder to look through. I preferred when they were somewhat smaller so you could be more selective, I used to be more willing to look through the pages to answer. now I look through less.

I don't answer as many questions as I used to now

• yes
  • no
  • the same

Most Helpful Girl

• FEWER! NOT LESS! Yes, because looking through the questions is more difficult than it used to be.

What Girls Said 7

• No, I am still just as active with answering questions as I was before. That being said, I am not following any topics because I felt that it was just cluttering my newsfeed. I would rather simply see what my "friends" are answering. It's also hard to find questions in "recent" since si many are being asked, nothing stays at the top for very long. I also dislike using the browse feature because there are way too many topics and it's hard to know which topics questions are being asked in.

So... yes, it's definitely more difficult to find and answer questions but, I'm just going along with it all and hoping it gets easier with time once I get more used to it:)

• I dont like all these sub headings for things exactly, too far spread out, can't just stumble into good questions anymore you have to know what you're looking for

• yes exactly, the good thing about GaG was the general topics and you could find all kinds of questions in each category, now it is not only "which should i post this in or look at" but you are right you cannot stumble onto any good questions you wouldn't think would be in there

• Honestly, I haven't noticed a difference. I just hit the recent button and scroll down until a title grabs me.

• I think, I have been answering more? haha I follow the live feed, as I find it is easiest now haha and I just answer questions I think I can help with.

• Yes, its a nightmare. I hardly ever get on here anymore.

• IT's about the same, but I answer more questions in my interests now.

• I agree with you.

What Guys Said 6

• After using this new site for a while I really don't like the new layout, there's too much emphasis on aesthetics and gimmicks. In my humble view, they broke some fundamental rules of form and website design, namely, considering how the end user wants to use the site from a more functional and intuitive perspective: keeping a simple basic structure, and going from there. They have done it the wrong way around. Structurally, the website of old was almost perfect. You'd look at a heading or category and it took you to what you expected. There's also some bad habits of the modern ADHD, sugar infested age, namely, bombarding you with too much information (ie having two sets of comments at the same horizontal level of the page), shortening the maximum comment length, because everything is about a quick fix and no one has an attention span of more than five seconds...

The feed on the front page is annoying too. I preferred it when the emphasis was on the most popular or interesting questions, the sticky ones. Now I have to click around to find them. I'm sure the website is customisable, and maybe I'm too casual a user to have found these options, but nothing is where I'd intuitively expect. So it takes a real act of will to find something. One has to consciously do it, rather than it just being, obviously, there.

Ultimately it seems as if there is much information that is hidden from you. On the old site, you could get a nice overview of everything within the space of a few clicks. Say how your comments were doing over a longer time frame. Here, it's as if, a more limited set of information is imposed upon you. Also, they removed various options with respect to communication with other users, such as the wall, which is pretty unforgivable.

This me rambling. I apologise for not being more positive. There definitely are good aspects to the new site. And I appreciate the need for evolution and to grow.

• Sort of because they don't have the categories at the top, I don't want to scroll down a huge list of them, they should be horizontal along the top like before. It's inevitable that categories at the bottom of the list are going to get less attention.

And then fallowed topics? I can't find anywhere that just shows the ones I fallow.

• Also, when you get to the bottom of Questions area, I don't like the "Show more" I hated when YouTube did this to it's comments because now I can't keep track of what page of questions I've seen. It should be numbered like the old GAG.

• The new layout is extremely clumsy and confusing, they changed way too much all at once, which is a common problem whenever a website is patching or fixing or changing their layout. Now there are an extreme number of categories, it is tough to see questions and where things are, and I think will lose more users than it gains

• I' always have and still do zoom out.

Press control and + OR -

• Not really, I think it actually can make it easier to find questions targeted to me, I'd say I might start answering more.

• No if anything it makes me even more potent.