Why is it so important for people on GAG to be Guru's?

I've seen a few people complain about not being guru's anymore, i don't see what the big deal is. Is being a guru on GAG really that desirable?

you people that lost it need to get over it lol

Most Helpful Girl

• I didn't realize people cared about their level so much, either. I always thought they just cared about the Xper for the gift cards.

I can see how it would be a bit upsetting, this wasn't really a change we were expecting. And it takes a fair amount of points to reach level 10.

My level didn't change, so I can't really speak for those who did lose a level or two, but I think I'd be more upset if our actual points were altered or reset. But that's not the case, it was only the scale that changed, and they've even added more ways for us to earn Xper now.

What Girls Said 5

• Yeah, I am extremely depressed. I need to pay for 2 different psychiatrists because I lost my Guru title. I feel so lost and confused. By being a Guru, I could score 2 babes in the same night. Now I have nothing. :(

• Because they are O/Gs.

It means we are on top of our xper game
    lol!

• Guru status only gets people to take you a bit more seriously. I'ts not that the level itself is important but , it makes us mad just because it took years for some of us to get there.

• I don't take gurus seriously. All it means is that you've had enough free time to post on here more than anyone else. I've seen plenty of people with guru status who I thought were total idiots, repeatedly giving ignorant answers and spreading bad information. I'll take a person seriously based on the content of their posts and nothing more.

• I have no idea. It literally affects nothing and people complaining that they "earned" it makes me laugh because all they did was play on the internet. It's not like it took a lot of hard labor and effort. They answered some questions, usually ridiculous ones, and acquired points. Even funnier when they keep asking how to get it back, USE IT, duh

• hahahah cuz they have no lives and mad for losing their hard earned points. just give them a day... they will get it back hahahahaaa

• P. S- mine was taken away too but I am not crying about it.

What Guys Said 6

• Yes, ever since I lost y Guru status, I've been a shell of a man. Spending my nights with cheap wine and even cheaper women in a poor attempt to fill the whole in my life that used to be my epic Guru-ness.

• It certainly is. Being a guru means that you get secret access to the private area of GaG. In the private area, we all talk about how cool it is to be in the private area. Plus taco Tuesday is awesome when you're a guru.

• If I lost my guru status I wouldn't care at all. I'm just here to help others and get help in return. Plus earning points for Amazon gift cards. Whether I'm considered a guru here or not makes no difference to me.

• They don't know that gurus are just sub-masters.

• You must be a guru that's why you asked this question anonymously?

• Maybe because they spend a very long time here to achieve level 10 but then their level dropped so they get a little bit upset about it.