If you have a private profile & some one is following you do they see your profile?

If you have your profile set to private can followers see you profile?

Most Helpful Girl

• Hi douride2!

If you have a private profile, the only ones who can see the information that was set as private are the users YOU are following. No matter whether they are following you back or not.

Let me know if you have any further doubts!

• Also, if you set your profile private, no one NEW can follow you. If you want NEW Followers, you must make your profile public.

• I didn't know that? I guess thats why I have no new followers. hahaha

What Guys Said 4

• I guess they can see it if the person with the private profile follows them back :)

Guess a person with a private profile in the new GAG will have to be following you to enable you to follow them back. I think that's a good job GAG's done with the new version - people who want their privacy get to retain it :)

• I assume they can only see it if you both follow each other, that would be like being friends on the old site I guess.

• I would think you would want your followers to at least see your profile, right?

• Yes but before they would freind you you would approve then they could see your profile. Now any one can follow youeven if you don't follow them.

• I didn't realize that. Thanks for letting me know. not that there's anything on my profile worth a damn.

• Yea mine is the same but

• That would defeat the purpose of making your profile private. I believe the only way for them to see your profile is for you to follow them back

• Thats the way it works now you both have to follow each other to see their profile if it's set to private?

• That's what I'm guessing. I mean, if i followed you right now and was able to see your profile, it would totally defeat the purpose of making it private. So it must be mutual

What Girls Said 3

• Yes, that is what I noticed before. There is a user who has a private profile but I am following him and can see his details. But I recently tried following someone else with a private profile and it wouldn't let me follow them. So, after that happened, I have no idea how this feature is supposed to work on here. It's seems a lot more complicated than the old site.

• I think they could now right?

• Nope, they do not.