Has the response rate to your questions has gone down?

I used to get at least 3-4 answers to my questions. Especially questions that contain a poll was frequented a lot. But after the intrduction of the new interface I got to a question that contains a pool only one answer and zero poll cast.

Is it just coincidence or have you had the same experience?

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes and i'ts taking longer to get an answer

What Girls Said 5

• No, I haven't had that experience. But then again, I've only asked one question since the upgrade. The response rate to all my questions has varied greatly over the years. It largely depends on the topic of the question. The way the site looks has nothing to do with it.

• No, it has not gone down but most of the responses now are comments instead of answers. And I suddenly get lots of answers for my old questions. Haha.

• On the old site my responce rate varied from a low of 3 to an average of 12-33 & a high of 67. the new site 4 qestions with a responce of 3-8 answers. But might be they are just bad questions? LOL haha

• LMAO Response not responce where's spell check when you need it?

• Please make sure to add Topics to your questions.
    This guarantees more people will see them, through My Feed if they're following that Topic, or if they're browsing through questions filtered by Topics.

http://www.girlsaskguys.com/faq

• It might have to do with the new changes going on.
    People are still getting used to things and discovering how to navigate the site. Also some people seem to have left or are much less interested in this place now that everything is different. We'll probably just have to give it some time before things get back to normal

What Guys Said 2

• I can see why you might get less responses. It might have to do with the way the categories are set up now. On the old site, you had 6 or 7 different categories. With those, you had people who frequented certain categories so they would answer almost every question in that category. For example, I frequented the "Other" category so I answered a lot of questions in there.

With that being said, I've seen no difference in my questions. My first three questions I've asked on the new version have generated the same amount of responses (around 5-10). You also have to factor in when you post. The site can be dead or slow late at night (here in America) so that will get you less responses, at least at first. Also, make sure to select categories for you question. No Topics will probably get less responses. If you choose certain topic (s), then you'll probably get more answers, especially from those who reply to certain topics.

• You may be right. I haven't add any topics. Do you know whether it's possible to add topics after the question is being posted?

• It's quite remarkable how unpredictable the number of answers is.
    Sometimes you ask a question of which you think it will attract the attention of many, and you end up with 2 or 3 answers.
    Than you ask a question that only a few people would be able to answer and you get 20 anwers :-)
    What you should certainly do, is answer other people's questions. That will attract answers to yours as well.