Are you coming to GAG more or less then before the updates?

I noticed some of the heavy users aren't coming as often lately. Has any one else noticed this trend? Are you coming more or less since the updated version of GAG?

• I'm here more
  • I'm here less
  • about the same as before
It would seem my observations are right quite a few are coming less often.

Most Helpful Girl

• Less, I only really come back t check my private messages. But I'm not as active as I used to be. I don't hate the new changes, I just preferred the old GAG, it was more easy to go around and my favourite feature has been removed so not much point coming on.

• What feature?

• No it won't let you, If you look at FAQ it said the option has been removed

• I see what you mean it's still listed but won't let you post.

What Guys Said 24

• I'm here less. I used to answer dozens of questions a day sometimes, but now I've completely lost the overview of the whole website. You have to subscribe to a ton of different topics, and it's not like before when you used to have just a few, you click on the category and it's all there. It's so much more difficult to navigate and how can I select questions from just 1 category?

• Go to browse scroll down till you find the category you want then click it.

• But that's such a hassle compared to the previous lay-out. You had all categories on every single page. Now you have to go to a specific page and go through dozens of categories/tags.

• If you look at it that way yea it sucks?

• Thinking about dumping it and going to a new site. The "updates" suck and the opinion police are worse. I had a comment pulled, not because it was vulgar, but because the mod thought it was "nonsense", and didn't address the issue. WTF? FIRST off, how are you going to call it opinion if we aren't allowed to have one? Who decides what is nonsense? How did it not address the issue when it mirrored the poster's opinion? It's like they are trying to chase all the users away or something. I knowquite a few people who used to be on here a lot that have left since the changes. I might just join them if this stuff keeps up.

• if you think a mod is abusing his/her power, you can always go to the admin... Besides, all hidden opinions will be reviewed by the admins. So ultimately, if you don't understand why your opinion has been removed, you can always ask the admins for explanation.

"nonesense" is usually when a member posts an opinion that's unhelpful or isn't exactly answering the questin at all, but rather putting emphasis on something else (like the mistakes or insulting the QA instead)

• in my opinion I have seen a lot worse comments {OOPs opinions HAHA} then what I posted & they weren't removed.

• All I want is a relaxed group of people having a good time and discussing things back and forth. Life is too short for stick up the butt syndrome. I could see it if I was being a jerk or something, but under no circumstances could my comments be construed as abusive. It was a joke on her joke. Anyway, whatever. Back to having fun! ;)

• More. It's very messy at first but I sort of know where to find things now.

I like the new Live Feed. Very nice topics keep coming up and I can discover new topics/questions. But it seems kinda repetitive because activity is a vicious cycle, the same questions get pushed up the activity Live Feed again.

The webpage is also not buggy anymore. I use to regularly lose my comments and votes because the site did not receive it. Now there is no such problem.

So generally I am happy, and I like using the new site, and as a result I'm coming more often and answering more I think?

• Far less. I barely use it any more.

It seems like in an attempt to make everything simpler and easier to use. It has worked to it's disadvantage. Everything is now far too spread out, it takes far longer to look through questions to find one you intend to answer. I tend to look through a few then not bother now.

I think the other gag was also more easy on the eye, more distinct

• Definitely less. Trying to force myself so I'll get used to the "up"grade.

• I have been here 4-5 hours a day since the update still getting used to it.

• Much less. Usually was on at least a few hours but now I login perhaps once a day for less than five minutes.

• I'm here less because I don't particularly like the upgrades and I haven't had much time to get used to them. Maybe if I had more time to get used to them I would like it more and would be on here more.

• Maybe a little more but only because I've been having more time lately. Not related to the updates.

• I'm coming here less.. the update seems like it was just a mash up of stuff and it's too confusing to follow topics.. I still haven't found my friends list yet.

• I'm coming here less. Maybe I'm still getting used to it but I don't like the new updated version.

• Right after the recent update, a little more than before to learn the new site. Now that I've gotten hang of the new site I visit the same as i did before.

• they made good work with the messaging stuff. It'll reload every few secs. the question Layout is bad. I rarely answer questions now. I just go to live feed and if there's something funny ill write a opinion

• I like it more now because the live feed is pretty much right there. It makes it easier to see questions, especially ones that haven't been answered and or had the best answer selected already (you can't change best answer now, which I love)

• Im here more

• Same as before for me

• Joined after the update :)

• Roughly the same

• I think it's funny that all these people saying they're on less, I still see them on all the time. lol. I'm on it the same as before. It's just different, people need to learn to adapt to change. We knew this was coming, people are really being babies about it. lol

• I'm not sure if I'm really coming more or not since I came a lot before, but I am answering more questions I think. Although it's taking longer to find ones worthwhile since they made it to where questions appear in various categories. Too much to sift through now because of that. It's incredibly annoying.

Miss the old site.

• Just go to the top hit share opinion on the drop down hit recent you get all the latest question's. Took me a while to find it.

• I found a song to occupy my time. I chose B
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WxGN83sgITA

• Less. When they plan on doing major changes to any site, it should be a gradual process. It doesn't matter if you get "use" to it, it still won't be the same & not necessarily better because it looks better. Before it was more of a close-knit type of site, not so much anymore. Way too many categories for one.

• Less. I find the new GAG frustrating and difficult to use and I miss features of the old one.

• This site isn't fun anymore since 2 years, i thought upgrading the site would bring back it's old glory, but it didn't

• Less, much much less

What Girls Said 21

• Same as before. I think a lot of people will need time to adapt to the change. It is a big one so it's understandable that it will put some people off initially, and perhaps some forever.

• I'm still just as active as I was before. The updates didn't change my activity level.

• Less.
    I hate this website now, I am considering closing my account.

• Less. I'm not a fan of how many topics there are now. And this version is really slow on my phone and computer.

• It's just as fast now as it was before.

• I agree, it's harder to use on my phone too

• I don't know how it is on mobile phones, but it works fine on my desktop.

• Less. If I go to www.girlsaskguys.com or click the logo at the top of this page I get a blank page with the number 13 on it. I just assumed they were still doing maintenance. It's only by googling the site and clicking a sub-link that I found it again.

• Same as before. I'm still getting used to the changes, though.

• I'm here more because I can skip a lot of questions that piss me the fuck off

• Less. It's not as interactive as before and it bores me.

• I'm on more now, I really enjoy the live feed feature. I don't know if it was there before but I found it now haha

• Same as before

• I'm here less.

• more because there's much less lag so i can tap my sad little iphone furiously and actually say what i want to say. well... more than before anyway.

• I would say less, really. The updates don't strike me as something of "brilliance".

Disclaimer: Nonetheless, I don't hate the updates.

• Less, I must say. This morning is the most I have been on GAG since the changes. I guess it will have to be something to get used to. It is not as fun as it used to be :(

• No but i answer less questions because it's harder to track down good questions...

• Less. There's not as much activity now, so it gets boring really quickly.

• Agreed it was a big change. Hope the activity picks back up once we get used to the updates?

• Im on here the same as before, but this time I dont have to work as hard to get the rewards ;)

• Less because I have had less time. I still like the updates though.

• I'm actually here more. I'm laid up recovering from surgery not much else to do cruise the net or watch TV. Both get boring after a bit.

• Working on your xpers lol hope you get better xD

• Me too was exper level 9. Oh & thanks the doc says 2-3 weeks.

• I voted "about the same as before" because today is the first time I've been on here since the change. Although they had to have just changed it, because it doesn't seem that long ago since I was here. I haven't really decided if I like the new look yet or not. I have to explore the site a bit more. It was definitely a shock, and I do think I liked the older one better. I don't like how this one is so big. The other one seemed neater.

• About the same. THe new updates haven't turned me off or on to the site

• Less, the site is harder for me to navigate through, so I haven't been on as much anymore.