Is it just me, or should the site add...?

Emoticons?

Even just a few basic ones? :) :( <3 and thumbs up and down to start?

and now that the messaging system has been changed, I find myself hitting enter and expecting the message to be sent...

Am I the only one? Can we make it work with [carriage return] sending?

Most Helpful Guy

• that would be good with me, the up and down arrows were confusing at first, but not too much anymore, but a new-comer may not understand.

also I hope that they put in "note this question' feature again, that was good. and maybe increase the character limits on comments and question updates, and take the limits of how many times you can update a question

• oh, instead of noting a question, now you 'follow' it...

The button for that is right under where it tells you how long ago it was asked.

• I have seen that, and I pressed it once, but now I know where to look, thanks. to be honest I haven't spent much time going through everything., Thanks!!

What Guys Said 7

• Carriage return sending isn't possible because it would prevent people from making paragraphs. You wouldn't want 2000 characters of text with no line breaks.

But, yeah, emoticons would be nice.

• [shift] [enter] bypasses the carriage return sending on FB

• Not a priority for me but why not? Seems like most users like the idea.

• Yeah, that is a good idea.

• Yea that would be cool, maybe we will have them in the future.

• That doesn't sound too bad.

• Very well said Betwyn, I couldn't say it better myself.

• I wish we could Live chat again. Why can't we go back?

What Girls Said 4

• Yeah the emoticons would be cool. I always almost put one from my iPhone up but I know it won't show.

• i use my iphone so i haven't really noticed but it would be great if i could put up the emoticons i want to use (´っω・`)

• They really should I always wondered why they didn't already have them myself.

• yes! that would be amazing!