Were people ready to hate the new gag before it even came out?

There are things I like about it, like messaging and the look. Things I don't like, avatars are tiny and it's hard to see new stuff. I like it overall and am getting used to it. I was seeing people react and some were crazy. so mad and upset about the dumbest shit, only seconds after seeing it, before even trying to use it. I still don't see how navigation is harder like they say. I got to thinking. Were you ready to hate the new gag before you even saw it? I feel like most people who are acting so whack were and I can't wrap my head around it. Thoughts?

Unblock me just to have ANOTHER final word only to block me again so I couldn't respond LOL Oh anonymous, someday you'll grow up. Not today.

Most Helpful Girl

• I guess they were. I even saw some people complaining about not being guru's anymore. It's kind of silly and it made me chuckle a bit. Don't get me wrong, I encourage it when people suggest helpful things or when they voice their opinion on something.
    But complaining about "answers" being re-named as "opinions" and complaining about not being guru's anymore, is just an overreaction.
    The site needs some improvements, but overall it looks alright. There are things I like about the new gag : the messaging system, the changes considering our profile information, the fact that we cannot see how many down-votes or up-votes an answer has unless we vote too -that was brilliant, even I have to admit it-, the extra +3 points when I am the first to answer, the blocking system and the fact that we can choose which categories to "follow".

Of course there are obviously things I don't particularly like: the "comment is either too long or too short" -it gets on my nerves-, the way too many categories -I mean that was unnecessary in my opinion because gag doesn't even have THAT much traffic-, the avatars are too small, I don't like having "followers" and I also do not enjoy "following" people, it's umm too indirect. That's personal though because I was never into the "Twitter" thing :p.

Anyway, I understand that it takes a lot of time and effort to make a site presentable so I expected the changes to be a lot less satisfying. That's just me though. I will probably be disliked for this answer but that's what I believe.

What Girls Said 5

• I just think people wanted a reason to complain. A lot of people also had really high expectations for how they wanted it that the admins couldn't possibly fulfill.

The admins can't just cater to one user's wishes. They have to take everyone's thoughts into account and make changes that they feel would benefit the majority. It's impossible to please everyone.

The way some people were acting once the new site launched was ridiculous. Yes, the changes were very drastic but some people didn't even try to get used to it. They just automatically came to the conclusion that they hated it. Those people just picked out all the negatives they didn't like without trying to see the positives.

I'll admit, I didn't like it all that much at first but I tried to find some things I liked, I gave it some time and I got used to it.

But anyway, yes I think some people were just ready to hate any changes the admins made. There are some very stubborn and picky people on here and like I said, it's impossible to please everyone.

• it takes time to get used to it, because the old version was very easy to navigate and has more advantages.

the fonts are too small in here, its difficult to see

• No I was set to love it. After the initial launch I hated it after a couple days I'm getting used to it. There is still a few things the admin should change or fix.

• Most people hate changes at first. I have to be honest, it's not that I hated it, I was so lost!! I didn't even realize it would be such a big change but now, I kind of like it.

• I didn't even realize it was going to be changed. I may have heard an announcement a while back but some how thought it already took place.

• no i was ready to love it and then this came and disappointed. All this white is headache inducing. They really need to fix that. Most of us wanted change because they said it to begin with and then presented something completely unappealing. The site needed up-grade not a complete design replacement that looks empty and cluttered all at the same time.

What Guys Said 9

• I was really looking forward to the new GAG because I've been a member for a long while... and for the most part, I do like it. I like that we can assign a question to multiple categories!

However, I had it in my head that a new and improved GAG would have taken on some elements of social networking sites like Facebook and Twitter (but not near as complex or fleshed out) and I always thought it would have been cool if users could build a profile or identity of sorts and then there be ways for users that had things a in common to have more opportunities to interact with each other, answer each others' questions, etc. And then if chat never actually returned, there would at least be some kind of alternative...

It would've been nice to see user-created groups for people to join, and message boards, completely separated from the main Q&A part of the site as well, that had little or nothing to do with "Xper" points. Like with some of the new categories, they could've been apart of a forum section, while the regular, dating/relationship focused topics were reserved for the main site similar to the old version.

What we ended up getting was decent, however the layout is a little tedious to navigate (not difficult to use exactly but just less functionally efficient, with the buried categories and whatnot) as well as being less functional in a couple other minor ways... It's a little buggy, and overall, it's just more of the same without really adding anything new or exciting. So in some ways I was a bit let down, but at the end of the day, it's still GAG lol.

• I would believe so. Everybody is different but it was their decision to change it. They believe it would be better. There are some things that I like about it and there are some things that I don't. I would prefer the old one but I'll adjust. It's not changing anytime soon so might as well embrace it.

• Humans are a funny species. They hate change but they still seek out perfection.

• for me it's "why do all these pages assume all change is good change"
    YouTube has made many changes I didn't like but one before last was very good and almost a "step back" to what I use to like before.
    Facebook has made many stupid changes too but I generally get use to them over time.

• Personally, no. I was intrigued, but didn't really want it. I'll adjust.

• Answering for myself, I wasn't sure what to expect. The original design was dated, and I was interested to see what would change. But just as any change, there are growing pains and things that need ironed out.

• I don't prejudge

• It happened this way
    ready to sit down and resume fun with GAG
    discovered new format maze
    realized they hired the MSwin8 tweedle-dee & tweedle-dum
    complained
    now being bugged to death by those that don't want to hear it

• I prefer the old way! They make things out of place and completely changed the whole forum that changes everything just because they want a new style!