Why can't you do more than one period in a row on this site anymore?

So I always used to do a dot dot dot but it only shows up as one period now and it kind of annoys me because I used to do that to express my sense of sarcasm, awkward silence , and now I can't. Can you mod's please fix this

Most Helpful Guy

• Are you sure?

hmmmmm.

• not sure about that. I don't see why they would purposefully do it... should ask the admins

• in my comment i used only 3 dots. I really didn't notice that had changed honestly. I do use the three dots thing often

• Do you see the ellipses on my answer? I do...

What Guys Said 5

• Hi there.. It was meant to eliminate excessive use of punctuation but I hear your concern. 3 dots is an expression. I've forwarded this request to our development team. We will get it fixed soon. Thanks fo rthe feedback.

• Stuff like that is truly annoying!

• It is not consistent. Some people are able to do more than one dot... others have it shortened.

• hmm... <----let me see, LOL!!!

• Ummmm, I don't like the idea of not being able to...

What Girls Said 6

• I think it's to prevent people from abusing that feature by having incoherent and unfinished sentences in their speech. I have only seen that once or twice the 6 months that I've been here though. I'm surprised they thought about that.

• This... just might be a dealbreaker for me...

I can't live and work in these conditions...

• i dont get it.

• I think it works for me but let's see...

• . That's crazy.

• I use three all the time, and it hasn't changed them...

I'll look into it.
    It should allow you to put three in a row.