Which one do you like better: the "Friends" system or the "Follow" system?

Personally, I like the "Friends" system better. Because then I'd know when people added me, and if I accept, it encourages me to actually write them something.

Now with the "Follow" system, I'm not aware of new people who are following me, and there isn't even the "new" notification on the "Follower" page. And if I follow someone back, the user doesn't know. This makes for less communication between GAG users.

Besides, you can't follow a user who has a private profile, even though they can follow you. I don't see the logic in this. So users who have private profiles are pretty much unreachable for other users. You can't follow them, and you can't send them a message.

What do you think?

Most Helpful Girl

• I completely agree.

I have a private profile because I don't want just any creeposaurus on the net to be able to rifle through my opinions but I very much want to allow people I like to follow me. Actually I don't want them to follow me but friend me and I'd like to be able to accept their request. I don't see why they have to be mutually exclusive and the fact that they are pisses me off.

What Guys Said 4

• I guess I preferred the friends system... although i'm probably the least sociable person on the site.

• why? I mean.. you're a Guru... not here to make friends?

• Oh... Yeah it's the same with me, but after some time, there are people you have things in common with, and it's just nice to hit them up every once in a while :)

• Well i've been a member here since 2009 and it hasn't happened yet... :L

• Yeah I prefered the friend system, seems more personal really. Friendship encouraged communication.

• I like the friend system because I keep my profile private, and nobody's able to follow me, even if they want to send me a request.

• I prefer friends over followers

What Girls Said 6

• Yeah I much prefer the friend system. I like jnowing when someone wants to befriend me and being able to "accept" or "deny" them. It just seemed much more efficient.

• I preferred the Friends...

• I preferred the friend system much more. Follower sounds like a stocker.

• The friend system

• I like friends system way better then the followers.

• Follow=Stalker
    Friend=Buddy's

I like friend better!!!