Why does this site always say my comment is too long or short?

For some reason when I write a comment or answer it is like a crap shoot as to whether or not it will go through. It says that my comment is too long or too short even though my statement is within the character count.
Is anyone else having this problem?

Most Helpful Girl

• The minimum character amount is there to make sure that people put more effort and thought into their questions and answers and such, and to try to cut down on spam.

As for the character limits, those can be a bit tricky, but just make sure you pay attention to the character count while you're typing and before you go to submit what you've written. When I'm writing an Opinion I've found that if I go over 1900 characters (rather than the 2000 limit), the Opinion will be considered too long and won't go through... soo yeah I just try not to get too close to the limit.

What Girls Said 2

• i know man! ugh-.-

its like, who da efff are u to tell me how long or short my reply should be? what is this?

to avoid it, i just stretch the word out like thissssss or text wit barely ny lttrs

• When typing your question, opinion, or comments, try to pay attention to the counter (top right of text box).
      When it's okay to post, the first number will be green.
      When you're under or over the limit, the first number will be red and will not allow you to post.

• ok thanks haha

• haha lol thanks XP

So just glance at that first number - when it's green, you're good to go :-)

I hope that helps!

• Ok, thanks. But the problem is that sometimes it will be within that range, say 488 out of a 500 count space and it will still say that. Appreciate the answer though

• Same thing happens to me. For comments I can't go past about 470 out of 500. It's not really the end of the world though, just gotta keep an eye on the counter before I go to submit.

What Guys Said 3

• Yeah it's happened to me. I just delete a word and it works.

• Mostly too short. I'll see it stop typing when I get to the character limit.

• I hate this feature.