Do you have to select a most helpful answer on here?

I just got message today from the GAG, team that I have not selected a most helpful answer to my questions. And, that never happened on the old version. So, is that a requirement on here now or something? And, what happens if none of the answers were helpful, do you just pick one anyway?

I'm just curious, because I'm not one for picking a "most helpful" answer. Only once in a blue moon do I do that, so I just want to know what happens if I don't? Will I be in trouble or something?

Most Helpful Girl

• You don't have to. The admins are just trying to encourage the users to select Most Helpful Opinion for their questions since some users complained about not receiving Best Answer on the old version (Remember?). It sure is a nice thing to do. Also, you earn 5 points for each opinion you choose as Most Helpful. It's a win-win.

It's not an obligation though. :) Not selecting a Most Helpful won't let you lose Xper points or get you in any trouble.

I see showers of Most Helpful selections since the admins' message. It seems to be a successful strategy. Hahaha! :)

What Guys Said 5

• You aren't required to but now you get xper for doing it so they remind you for that reason. If you don't think anyone was particularly helpful then you certainly aren't forced to do it and you certainly won't get in trouble or anything.

• The message is sent to encourage you to select a best answer. But it's not a requirement.

• You dont have to select one, but it does give you points

• I think its a reminder they just put in :) Sometimes there are no best answers ;)

• I got the same message.

What Girls Said 5

• No, but I got the message today too.

• Yes I have gotten two in as many days in my opinion many questions don't have a best answer oops opinion. Like how are you supposed to select a best from the question how much time do you spend on this site?

• There's no penalty if you don't. But if you do select most helpful answer, then you earn 5 points while the person you selected gets 10.

• you aren't required to but it's nice to do so

• It's not a requirement, no, just a friendly reminder in case you hadn't chosen one because you'd simply forgotten :-)