Users who have been here for quite a while: do you still find the questions interesting to answer?

How many % of the questions you see, that you actually answer? Just an estimate.

I don't answer that much anymore because the questions start getting repetitive to me and gets boring. And I haven't been here that long yet, only about 15 months. Some questions just make you want to facepalm and question the intelligence of homo sapiens. Especially questions like "What do it mean when he said that he has a soft spot for me?" Hello? It means that he has a soft spot for you! I mean, unless your first language is not English , it's a question a kindergarten kid could answer!

What do you think, old-timers of GAG?

Most Helpful Girl

• Yeah, things definitely start to get repetitive. I've been on here for almost six years and even if you haven't been here that long it doesn't take too long to see the same kinds of questions popping up. I know the search feature isn't completely perfect but sometimes I wonder if anyone bothers to use it before asking their question, to see if they can find help in previous questions and answers.

Some days are slower than others, I don't answer as much as I used to, I guess I answer about a handful of questions or so each day. Even if not all of the questions are interesting to me, I still do manage to notice some day after day that pique my interest or draw me in to the point of offering some advice or opinion.

It can be easy sometimes to shake your head at things people ask but I mean, you just gotta remind yourself that we all have different levels of experience, and human behavior is often confusing. When certain things are happening to you sometimes the reality of it all just isn't as clear to you as it is to someone looking on outside the situation.

What Guys Said 8

• Not really. I've been here for four years and I was addicted to GaG for like a year or two and now I'm hardly interested at all.

I don't know if it's because the site has changed or because I've changed. Maybe it's both. I don't have the same desire to socialize and talk to people as I used to. I'm much less open and more withdrawn than I was when I started which pretty much kills any motivation I had to answer questions. But it also seems to me the questions and the people are different. A lot of friends I made are gone and many of the new people don't seem as affable as the ones that left.

I was never bothered by the stupid questions. It's the passive-aggressive, spiteful questions and answers that piss me off. There is an undercurrent of cynicism, neuroticism and shaming on this site that I didn't see when I signed on. Maybe I just didn't notice it at the time but there was a playful innocence about GaG when I started that just isn't here now. The site seems a lot darker than it was and that's primarily what turns me off.

• I guess the more popular a site is, the more users it has, the wider variety of people you get. Both good and bad seeds.

But it's good that you still stayed... :)

• Thanks.

It's not like it wasn't popular back then. In fact, I remember there being more activity in the old days. Things really died down when they removed the Meebo chat.

• Oh right... the meebo. Totally forgot about it. I'm good without it though. There are annoying people always IMing me everytime I logged in to just check for my notifs.

• THIS is a different question alright but I'm answering it aren't I? ;)

Immaterial of how many times a question is asked, it's generally always not the same person and hence there is always something different in what they ask.

What seems simple and part of everyday life to a few people will be a life saving situation or similar to the asker.

I just look out for how the asker perceives a question and do my best to answer accordingly.

It's not about advising people or imparting knowledge for me, it's about sharing if anything from whatever I have experienced, perceived & granted by nature to me is able to aid someone.

Oh by the way I'm not the overboard do gooder kind of a guy but I try to do my bit :)

• There are still interesting questions, I try not to answer too many of the same kinds of question each day... some of them can get repetitive and others are very silly... I tend to avoid those as best I can. I like giving advice, i'd probably answer around half, it depends on how i'm feeling and what i'm doing though. Sometimes it's a lot more, others it's a lot less.

• A member since 4/8/2010, so I guess I'm an old timer.

Anyway, I believe I answer to less than 1% of questions. I usually pick questions that are either somewhat original and/or interesting (something that rarely happens), questions that I find hilarious (judging by the title), provocative questions that I read just to collect lulz by reading answers (usually about sexism, feminism, religion etc) and questions with titles that awake my inner troll.
    Seeing same questions like "rate my looks!", "does size matters?", "why boys won't ask me out" etc gets really boring. There should be a FAQ somewhere.

PS: I miss meebo.

• Generally about one out of any 10 questions is one I could answer or learn from.
    About one out of every 100 is really intriguing.
    The setback of the site is that many questions come back since they're about the everyday problems we all face.
    Summary of my experience: still enjoy "shopping" for interesting questions, and asking them when I have inspiration...

• I don't answer as much any more since it will take a while to reach my next amazon gift card. I do however like to go over questions in health and politics section because there is something new you can find every now and then

• No, really not at all. After my first day I was finding myself repeating the same things over and over. The only questions I answer now are more original and unique.

• i don't answer much more myself, as the questions do get repetitive. I probably answer like 5% of questions i see

What Girls Said 1

• I've been on here like two days and I'm already getting bored with the questions.