The value of advice/internet advice. How much do you think asking questions on here really helps?

I read a lot on the internet about understanding women, and tend to find myself referring to this website for advice on my own issues quite often, because I think it's nice to have someone's advice.

But I'm wondering how much of a difference does it really make, or is it worth seeking advice at all, much less that of the internet. I find that for myself I assess people's responses based on what I want to hear, as in I take reassurance if it's something I want to hear, or if it's something I deem unfavorable I try to convince myself why that assertion was wrong, or find a way to twist or dismiss it.

Truly no one knows the entirety of a situation except for the people going through it, and I just wonder if I try to hard to seek other's advice that may not really be helpful after all, and debating if I should just take a break from all of it and just go with my gut instinct all the time.

I'm just wondering if anyone else has felt this crisis or just in general what you think?

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't know I sometimes give good advice because I've taken social psychology and have the book at hand. Oh and on mental disorders because I have that book on hand as well, and any sex questions I can answer extremely well as an expert. But most people only have life experiences to go off. As for me I just ask some questions for fun

What Girls Said 2

• It can help a LOT or it can help a little bit.

• It helped back in 2010 when this site was in it's prime

What Guys Said 2

• It really helps some people, it doesn't do much to others. It never hurts to ask though, as letmeaskthis said.

• it never hurts to ask for advice...