If GAG hypothetically hosts a convention for its users...?

Would you go? (if location and flight ticket prices isn't an issue - just hypothetically)

If you went, what do you think will happen?

Who are you looking forward to meeting in person?

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 27

• WOW I've been thinking about this for a long time now but never figured I'd ask this question, glad you did :)

1. YES I'd go! (just hope it's an exotic location - say Greece :D )
    2. It will be a great experience putting real names and faces to who we know here
    3. I'm looking forward to meet several people here (won't state their screen names) including you :D - you ask interesting questions & are self assured
    4. There'd also be a risk of bursting the bubble cause lots of people are what they want to be online but not the same in person :)
    5. Not many people post their own pics here so guess it will be a sweet and sour experience for a lot of us :)

• Assuming money wasn't an issue (and currently, it is), I'd absolutely go. Why the hell not?

Especially if it were hypothetically in Vegas. Flights are cheap, rooms are relatively cheap (especially if some care is taken with the date so as to avoid larger conventions), and there is plenty to do.

Hell, I might even be persuaded to DJ.

• sounds like it would be a bitchin convention then lol

• I'd go, I'd probably be sitting quietly on the edge of the room in fear of people... i'd like to see a few people although it's a secret who. :D

• me too, I'd probably watch people interact with each other, trying to find out who is who

• I don't know if I could work out who is who, I only know a few users...

• Yes because Tron fights for the users!

Seriously though I'd have to think about it. I've had some female stalkers on here before and probably a lot of male haters.

I'm leaning towards yes if there was some kind of security. You never know with people over the Internet.

If I went I would probably pick a corner to hang out on my own until people get drawn to my animal magnetism.

There are a few people I wouldn't mind striking a good conversation with. Most of them probably know who they are.

• i dont think people could miss you i mean i swear u said u were like 6ft5 or something

by the way i am not a female stalker.

• female stalkers? lol wow, feminism has reached all corners of the world, I guess... haha

• Yeah it was a long time ago.. I swear some girls made multiple accounts to message me weird things. It was before the super mods and all of that stuff started.

• I would go dressed as a total pimp, and I don't mean the slang word for stylish, like, an actual pimp. With sparkly rocks embedded into my robes, all the while sporting a top hat that is three times too large for my head.

• I'd go, to see a few people in person. I wouldn't have any expectations though.

• If the location was convenient and I had nothing better to do then I'd probably go. I'd rather introduce myself with my real name in person instead of my username (I like to keep my real life and online life separate). Hopefully there would be activities (i. e. Q and A sessions, speed dating, meet and greets, dating advice sessions, etc) to encourage people to talk to each other. I wouldn't personally go to hookup but I wouldn't mind if something did happen.

I don't really have any friends on this website so I don't really care about who I meet.

• If it was a convention of my favorite users from the past 5 years I definitely would. I would want to meet Sean ( a user from here a long time ago), knowmeyourself, Vishyfishy, palek, tangerine, panda, Luv, ihatework, bananaface, amuse, maskofinsanity, Meghan, slip, hidden p, deft, snow, and so many others. I have met some amazing people on here actually. If I went to a convention with all them I would laugh and have a great time I am sure. We could exchange life stories all night and maybe party a bit.

• some users aren't even here anymore though..

• Then maybe I am talking about a different brand of banana? :)

• I would only want to go to a convention if it was an Account convention!

• I think the results would be something like...

1. It would be the most empty building for blocks OR
    2. It would be jammed full with people wearing stickers that say "Hello. My name is Anonymous"

LOL!!!

• I'd probably go.
      And sit in my call in the parking lot and watch others going in and having a good time.
      Then go home eat Doritos and cry.

;-)

• Just the experiment would be exciting, how will people react when the "anonymous" button is inoperative?
    I would like to meet as many of the people I follow, as possible. For a nice chat with the people after the profile pictures. If I could, I would come :-)

• Yes i would.. probably meet you and others. ( I don't remember names much. ) I think some people will hook up that night and some will find nice people to date and other stuff.. depending if there is an agenda etc..

• Yeah I'd go and I would wonder if everyone is going to ask these ridiculous questions still in person

• Also I think that would be a really bad idea because a lot of people hate other people, but I would want to meet a few people

• It would be interesting, in a sense.
    Though I wouldn't attend since they are just normal people who are good writers and in giving advices.

• I would ask the few people i talk to on this site if they are going. if they go I go because I get a chance to chill with them. Otherwise I would stay away

• sure. Maybe I'd get laid or something

• by a brick? =D

and I totally read your profile descriptions with an English accent. And from now on, all of your opinions as well.

• I'm human! =D Asian human, to be exact...

• Ok, don't worry, I shan't hold it against you ;)

• I'd go. I would have fun meeting new people. I look forward to meeting many people, especially skullyy and Palek.

• There are some users Id like to meet but I'd be nervous and shy lol

• If i went, id love to meet sparrow, honeybee, betwyn, redthread and yourself

• yeah I would go if location and flight ticket price isn't a issue. it would be great to meet people face to face

• Sure why not, sounds interesting enough.

• Yes I'd probably go if it was convenient for me. There is some interesting people on here I'd like to meet, I mean that in a good way!

• Eh sure if I can bring some users from the past to meet. As for everyone else sure there's a few I wouldn't mind meeting. Currently though I only really talk to one current user.

• I'm here for the questions and answers, not a social experience, so I would not attend.

• I'd really want to meet this Anonymous person. I'd totally go, just to meet palek.

• he's most likely to be found in his natural habitat, near water

• hm.. well that's still pretty passive-agressive, if you ask me... haha

• I didn't really care too much. The chat ended, five minutes later, I noticed we weren't "friends" anymore, laughed to my self, and then got over it.

• Yeah I'd go. And they should have a vendor area that sells a verity of how to have a successful relationship books, and some seminars on the same topic, speed dating, and a couple of really over the top crazy fun events.

• nope, I dont see the point in it

• I'd go. Many a brodown would await. Maybe even an actual fight :o

What Girls Said 24

• In theory, it sounds cool, but in actual reality, there's no way in hell I would want to be apart of that. Too many users here who hint signs of mental instability, possible mental illness, bigotry, and racism. There are too many people here who would potentially make that an unpleasant experience. Surely, some of the jerks would pretend to be all nice now that they're actually face to face. Considering how many bitter, jaded guys there are, it could be a possibility that some female users could leave with a stalker.

Not saying who I'd look forward to meeting in person because I don't want to hurt anyone's feelings by leaving them out.

• you can always avoid the jerks. Simply walk away.

• Guess you're right. But those guys who follows 1000 of female users are barely active on the site. They probably just added 1000 of girls, and then messaged them, and from the few who actually replied back, they'd want to move on to other messaging services. So I think the chances of them knowing about the convention isn't that big.

That's why I think I'd just stick to the people I have interacted with online, repeteadly.

@eHeart: a giraffe! That's a new one... haha... Yeah, I guess the feathers do look like brown spots.

• Meh, I don't know too big of a risk for me. Do what you want, but I've watched enough Lifetime Movie Network to know better. Plus, deep down, I personally feel too much of social media, such as GAG. com, is not healthy for me and it repels the goals I strive to accomplish. It's not very practical for me to get where I want to be if I'm staying in one place with my face glued to a white screen, participating on GAG for excessive amounts of time. I hate to say it, because this place is enjoyable, but it's true. Going to convention where I would meet people, whom are only apart of my life as long as I maintain the online friendship, would probably just encourage me to come here and interact more often. Which simply would not be a good idea because like I said, this place can distract one from accomplishing greater priorities.

• I don't think I'd go but it would be kind of interesting to hear about later. They could have like guest speakers on some of the most asked questions and topics which would be cool. And there are a few people that I'd like to met in person but I won't name any names 'cause I'd feel kinda weird saying who. I could see it being cool in theory but I wouldn't go. I like the fact that you (generally) can't put a face on users, it helps the anonymous part of the internet, ya know? Like real people are asking the questions but they don't seem like real people because you can't see them. So, yeah- wouldn't go but I wouldn't be opposed to it. Maybe if it was successful, I'd go for the 2nd annual one.

• provided there r snacks and refreshments:P and music:) like a party/convention! that would actually be AWESOME!
    id look for all my friends lol…and hang out with people i dont know too=]
    i wonder what y'all would think of me in person…. hmmmm *starts daydreaming*

• Nope...

Not even if it was across the street.

• Sure! I think it would be interesting, although, I would probably just sit back and observe the interactions rather than socializing a lot myself. I would really only be interested in talking to the users I am friends with on here.

• haha I would go. I think it would be hilarious.
    and fun. lol I have met a few people off of here already =) a few girls who I am really good friends with =)

• this question has been asked so many times and yeah i would go - I've made some good friends on here and I'd really like to meet thtdiablo he's very nice and on here he's the one I talked the most with. And handsomeraj is very nice too so I'd definitely come

• "this question has been asked so many times"
      oh really? I've never seen them...

• yeah I answered it a few times - once a girl asked and twice 2 guys asked. If there was a GaG ball would you go... if GaG ever held a annual event would you go etc

• No, I don't think so. I am not much fun anyway. Plus, I think there would be too much drama.

• Probably not. It would be really interesting to see what everyone's like in person and cross from the virtual to the real world, and there are some people I'd LOVE to meet. But with most of the users I like being anonymous and that would then be broken.

• What exactly would we do there?

I don't like to talk to people unless I like them and I don't tend to like a lot of people :D!
    So I'd go only if I knew dirtydiaper or konnour were going to be there. They were the only people I talked with on here.

Is GaG thinking of doing that? :o

• Oh and they are not here anymore so, i'd probably not go at all.

• You better like me! >:D

• I don`t know you :D!

• I would go but I'd probably be a wallflower. Honestly, I think it would be a really cool idea but there should be security because some of the people on here aren't exactly mentally stable. But, if they did have one they should issue nametags with just our usernames on them to make things more interesting. Only about 10 of the users on here have caught my eye so I'd look forwards to meeting them in person.

• No way, haha. If I am really there, I will hide behind a wall and see how GAGers look like in real life and observe the human behaviour going on there. Haha.

• If I were* really there

• ;-D ;-)

• @@! Omg I kissed100 times a few mths ago.. when was that? Hahaa

• Only if my favorite users went

• Yes I would go. There are a few I would like to meet & a few just to see if their real?

• I would definitely go. I think too many people would hookup.

• maybe i would go :)
    probably i would be a lost sheep, totally confused and looking around
    tangerine1, solitude3 (i doubt she would attend), confucius16, cavemanier, palek, yadda, jonny, cromartie , daph81, ohemgee etc too many

• Kangaru! You're back! =)))

• what's ou xiang? My knowledge of mandarin is limited to "wo ai ni" and "da jia cao an" =D

• @QA ou xiang means idol hahah

• There would be sooo much drama and chaos. So hell yeah, I'd be there with a flask, a friend, and some pepper spray (for all the creeps).

• Ehh maybe but not 100% sure.

• i might go just to say hi

• I wouldn't see the point in it so no I wouldn't go.

• I think I would go. I wouldn't go to see anyone in particular, I'd just mingle.

• mingle, find out who's been naughty, and put them on you table? =)

sorry, but everytime I see you posting something I just can't help it *yikes* tell me if it's annoying and I'll stop, promise! =D

• good =) Yeah I miss that series! My Monday nights will never be the same again..

• I miss it also.

• I would go even though I only know one person on here.

• nah i wouldn't lol

• No way, I'd be shanked in the first 5 minutes :-P

• I don't even know what "shanked" is, but I agree... Admins would totally get trampled by butthurt people haha

• nooooo you won't... maybe just attach a few rear view mirrors on your shoulders.

• Haha! Wear body armor...